The 'I got my Vario III' thread

Guest rickyburke

Guest fursie

I have ordered mine and its coming monday. I bought it through powerupmobile £70 for the handset Flext 35+ web and walk on a 12 month contract (£42.50). Did well considering I only wanted a 12 month contract. T-mobile want £120 for the handset on the same deal. Although I would have got £5 a month off. Swings and roudabouts!!

Guest Tothotspur
I have just called TMobile back since ordering the phone today and they say no way to get it free, can you please provide more info on how this is possible. I am going to be on Flext 35 + W&W Plus.

Also seems they hadnt put me on the Plus package and even though they told me I would get it Sat, its not coming till Monday, and I am away.

Great start to joining TMobile, hope its better than this. Will be calling customer services after dinner.

Dale

I can't provide you with much more info, the woman said its £179.99 but if i lost my 25% discount she could match the web price and do it for free. I have found t-mobile are not the most consistent with their answers (in regard to offers made to me) and alot depends on who you are speaking to.

Guest Dale Pearson

Well I have been to the shop today, but sadly no stock, but I now have a copy of the October mag with the offer in it.

I call the Customer services, and some how last night they have credited my phone account with the cost of the phone. So if this is true I am happy, just confused.

Apparently I should be able to see it online next week, and phone should be delivered on Monday but I am out of the country so will have to collect it on my return.

Anyone know what courier TMobile use?

Thanks

They use Royal Mail special delivery - though it's possible they could use a different courier during the postal strike?

(I picked up my VIII from the sorting office at 6.45am on Thursday before the strike kicked in - phew!)

Guest Markda2000
Well I have been to the shop today, but sadly no stock, but I now have a copy of the October mag with the offer in it.

I call the Customer services, and some how last night they have credited my phone account with the cost of the phone. So if this is true I am happy, just confused.

Apparently I should be able to see it online next week, and phone should be delivered on Monday but I am out of the country so will have to collect it on my return.

Thanks

After having to call through twice today and practically being told that I was a liar and the offer did not exist in, I was then told to go to a store 15 miles away in order for them to honour the deal (which of course they advised me did not exist) of Vario III on Flext £30 plus w'n'w. ) I asked for a call back from a manager and surprsingly I got one, not from the manager but from the original advisor who said that he could now honour the deal and that he would post the order out. Comes on Tuesday with the Lynx.

Result!!!

Guest Dale Pearson

Well done on the phone, and its certainly coming by Lynx. I will call them on Monday and see if they can leave else where, if not I will collect on my return.

Thanks

Guest Xexxhoshi

Augh. I must have the later edition of the magazine, it's £109.99 on Flext 30 WNW in this one, got it from Meadowhall in Sheffield. D:

Queues were enourmous so I didn't ask whether they had it in stock, though. >_>

EDIT

I didn't know it was on the site now. I didn't read the last few pages of the topic. ;)  U-Fix prices are a bit ouch.

Edited by Xexxhoshi

Guest aldino

Hi,

I am looking to get this phone but still not sure on whether to take a new contract with tmob, or get a sim-only upgrade with 3 and buy the phone sim-free.

Can someone confirm the phone is exactly the same as the tytn 2 hardware wise, apart from the branding and different looking case?

And does anyone know the cheapest place to get either vario 3/tytn 2 sim-free?

Thanks.

Guest knonist
Yey I managed to get it for free on web and walk flext 35 ;) thanks to this thread and some modaco members :wub:

you still have the copy of the magazine? can i have a scan of the full page?

Guest Dale Pearson

Mini update. You know I said I got the phone money credited back, well its not true.

I am just on the phone to them, but looking at my bill online they are trying to charge me again, even though I already paid for it once.

Great experiance for a new T-Mobile customer, never had these issues with Vodafone. If this doesnt get sorted I am going to cancel it all. I am now having to fax them a letter and copy of page in the mag, as they dont do email apparently.

Guest Dale Pearson

Fingers crossed this is sorted out, I will know in a few days when i can see the info online.

What a pain, hope this phones worth it Paul ;)

Guest Tothotspur

so the phone arrived yesterday, was told it would be here by monday with royal mail but came with lynx. I am happy with it, its my first WM phone so still getting used to it. Downloaded google maps and gps found me quite quickly.

Just waiting for the memory card to be delivered now so i can download a whole host of things.

Edited by Tothotspur

My Vario III should be with me Tuesday.

Glad to hear T-Mobile use Lynx and not Royal Mail to be honest! :D ;)

With the money I saved on the handset I've just ordered (with next day delivery, courier service) a 6gb SanDisk memory card, car charger, and a leather case.

Hopefully it'll all turn up Tuesday! :wub:

Augh. I must have the later edition of the magazine, it's £109.99 on Flext 30 WNW in this one, got it from Meadowhall in Sheffield. D:

yeh picked up a second magazine and the price is £109.99 now on flex 30 but its the same mag - they've just put over a sticker with the new price. someone must have got a slap for putting in the that price in the first place. ;)

Guest JesterMinute

Hi guys, first time posting so bare with me...

read through much of the thread, especially the advertised 'free vario III' on web and walk/flext 30.

after downloading the advert which you guys posted on here i figured i'd give t-mobile a call (having earlier been told it would cost me 100 quid to upgrade when i first called)

Long story short, spoke to a really nice older lady who said that the advert had probably been a mistake (as it's flext 50 on the website i believe) but that she would honor it anyway. I even offered to send the article to her just in case but she said there was no need and that it was important to her that the customer was happy.

Previously i was on Flext 35 with Web and Walk (with 25% discount) paying about 31 quid

Now i'm on Flext 35 with Web and Walk plus (with 25% discount) paying about 35 quid and the Vario III (which is being sent by courier) is free.

I wish i'd taken down her name because she was really helpful and considerate and was all about the customer satisfaction.

So all i can say is that it _is_ possible to get it for free (random lottery of call centres non withstanding) and that the level of customer service i recieved was surprisingly good and made the whole experience that much better.

....obviously if on tuesday i get an old Dog Chewed Nokia sent to me then i may change my mind ;)

best of luck to you on the upgrade guys and thank you to those who posted up that advert,

J

Guest knonist
Hi guys, first time posting so bare with me...

read through much of the thread, especially the advertised 'free vario III' on web and walk/flext 30.

after downloading the advert which you guys posted on here i figured i'd give t-mobile a call (having earlier been told it would cost me 100 quid to upgrade when i first called)

Long story short, spoke to a really nice older lady who said that the advert had probably been a mistake (as it's flext 50 on the website i believe) but that she would honor it anyway. I even offered to send the article to her just in case but she said there was no need and that it was important to her that the customer was happy.

Previously i was on Flext 35 with Web and Walk (with 25% discount) paying about 31 quid

Now i'm on Flext 35 with Web and Walk plus (with 25% discount) paying about 35 quid and the Vario III (which is being sent by courier) is free.

I wish i'd taken down her name because she was really helpful and considerate and was all about the customer satisfaction.

So all i can say is that it _is_ possible to get it for free (random lottery of call centres non withstanding) and that the level of customer service i recieved was surprisingly good and made the whole experience that much better.

....obviously if on tuesday i get an old Dog Chewed Nokia sent to me then i may change my mind ;)

best of luck to you on the upgrade guys and thank you to those who posted up that advert,

J

I called today, the sales was rude and said it is not possible etc, then I asked to speak to the manager, he questioned me and asked to me sent him a copy of the advert through email, after he received it, he called me back and said he have to speak to the marketing people on monday to see what is going on...

anyway, can you post a copy of the advert in here? because that guy said he would need to see the full page and the adj page of that magazine.

thanks