Orange Confirms 16-key Touch Dual to be Released in the UK

Guest Monolithix

In response to #7: I did ask, but there is no word on availability as of yet!

Judging by the speed of the release of the Touch afterits launch I wouldn't be surprised to see the Dual in the next month or so ;)

Is that for T-mobile too?

As someone mentioned above orange data packages are pretty rubbish, T-mob are pretty much the only ones who offer unlimited access as far as I'm aware.

3's data package is pretty cool too. Still nothing on release dates unfortunately...

Ok, thanks for that. Do you have any idea whether the Touch II will be released on three/T-mob? Or is it only Orange that has announced anything?

I really want this fone but dont want to be restricted by the data package limit, hence I was wanting to know about T-mob

Guest Monolithix

Again nothing concrete, but T-Mob took on the original Touch, so i'd say its pretty likely they'll be taking on the Touch Dual too!

Edit - having said that though, both O and TMob were at the Touch launch, but only Orange was mentioned at the Dual launch specifically (other operators will be taking it on). So read into that as you will!

Again nothing concrete, but T-Mob took on the original Touch, so i'd say its pretty likely they'll be taking on the Touch Dual too!

Edit - having said that though, both O and TMob were at the Touch launch, but only Orange was mentioned at the Dual launch specifically (other operators will be taking it on). So read into that as you will!

I asked at the main Birmingham City Centre Orange store today, first a regular sales person then the Sales Manager, neither had even heard of the fone.

Either they're clueless numpties or this fone isn't coming out very soon.

Guest adicken

Spoke to my local Orange store today in Stoke (via phone) and the girl said that the touch Dual is in this months "O" magazine and will be available in the next two weeks. I wasn't able to verify this or see the magazine in question. Can anyone else confirm this?

Thats great news if its true Adicken.

Does anyone know here what the deal is exactly with Orange's data bundle?

I've read conflicting reports on the net. Some people say there is an unlimited data bundle (on 35pound + contracts) whereas others say Orange claim this doesnt exist.

I just called the Fleet street london branch, the guy never heard of it. But then he looked it up on the system though and it was in the 'coming soon' section, he also checked the magazine and said 'oh look its in here too'. So I reckon it really is in the Orange magazine. Me picking one up tomorrow.

Guest adicken

It looks like my information was correct as coolsmartphone.com have a scanned image of the "O" magazine in question. Orange have named the device the HTC P5500 Dual Touch. Should be hitting the shops soon i think ;)

Guest Monolithix

Interestingly (well ok, not *that* interesting), i noticed the version pictured in the mag has the 20-key keyboard. Now i'm the last one to trust the content of the O-Mag, but you never know ;)

Oh I hope not! I've been waiting for years for a phone with touch screen and phone pad... and for the first time, one actually fits the bill. Please oh please lord let it be!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.