The "I've got my Orange P4550 TYTN II Thread"

Guest m3100tony

Guest Unknownone

Just picked mine up from the depot, some idiot put the wrong address on it, so quite lucky to get it! Its just on charge at the minute, and dear god it looks hella more sexier than the MDA variant!

Guest Subliminal Aura

Joining in with the excitement shown by other members...

I got a txt from Orange detailing consignment number with delivery scheduled for tomorrow. Memory is arriving tomorrow also albeit to potentially an empty home :|

Trying to bribe 'her indoors' to actually stay at home for a change !

Got mine today and am happy with it seems a lot faster than the m3100

I miss the flashlight for the camera which was handy for a torch, and the comms button which has also gone.

Guest robertc17

I'm amazed...phone Orange retentions said I was going to leave. Got a free Kaiser on £30 canary with 30mb for £8 a month....but they gave me a £20 a month credit. So that's just £18 for 250mins/150SMS.

Stunned.

Got the phone - trying to get the GPS to work with Google Maps...

Guest Subliminal Aura

I love what you guys have done with Orange. I'm a pushover myself - did try to haggle but they weren't up for it - Orange absolutely hates me and my everyday 50.

Do you think I have a chance to haggle down the extortionate price I got asked to pay for my handset ? (I'm still in my 7 days)

Edited by Subliminal Aura

Guest Subliminal Aura
On Everyday 50? No chance ;)

P

Yeh I'm thinking whether its a tarrif worth keeping... <_<

Maybe I'll just keep it going just to 'p' them orf.

Guest jimbouk

Not much... added their home plugin (which is easy to turn off), set up the customisations for network access, added a few favourites and shortcuts to apps (inc trial version of satnav, traffictv etc), and the dialer etc are orange'd!

Guest Subliminal Aura
Not much... added their home plugin (which is easy to turn off), set up the customisations for network access, added a few favourites and shortcuts to apps (inc trial version of satnav, traffictv etc), and the dialer etc are orange'd!

I take it all easy to switch off / revert ?

I'm also new to windows mobile 6 and saw that it is bundled with windows update for mobile devices. Is this on the orange version by default or should I try my hand at trying to flash it windows mobile 6 generic .

If I do flash it would I need license keys / activation (sorry I've never used windows mobile 6 before)

Guest dazultra2000

Called up the big O yesterday to see what they could do for me. Threaten them with the word "T-Mobile" and the price of the handset goes from £200 to £0!

Not bad considering I'm not a massive user. Only problem is they're out of stock (or were when I called) so I've been put in "the queue".

They're apparently gonna call me - but given their track record for callbacks in the past I'm not especially hopeful.

Anyone managed to order one since about 11am yesterday?

Guest lewis.curley

Ok folks i am fuming!!!

I called retentions a while ago threating to leave for TMobile as they had better data plans. I was offered

Racoon 35 reduced to 25 a month on a 12 month tariff, on top of this an extra 400 mins and 100 text plus 200 landline minutes. I said thats all well and good but what about the data, well let me see they say.. we can do 8quid a month unlimited data, 'unlimited?' i said are you sure? yes they said. Fine i went away to think about it called back and spoke to someone else and got them to confirm the unlimited by reading through the T&Cs again confirmed it was unlimited. Having taken the names of both reps I went for the deal.

Got the phone (free) and it is a great phone i have to say!

Called to day just to confirm the plan, only to be told no its 30mb a month! I was annoyed so said thats not what I was told, was then transfered to someone who was very abrubt and said well if you dont want it you are within your 7 days so just send us the phone back.

Obviously very unhappy with this and the level of C/S i was given, I plan to call back and ask how i make a complaint but no doubt nothing will be done so will be going to TMobile after all, shame as the orange phone looks a lot nicer.

So a word of warning, check, check and check again. Anybody have any comments besides 'HaHa' ;)

Guest Subliminal Aura
Called up the big O yesterday to see what they could do for me. Threaten them with the word "T-Mobile" and the price of the handset goes from £200 to £0!

Not bad considering I'm not a massive user. Only problem is they're out of stock (or were when I called) so I've been put in "the queue".

They're apparently gonna call me - but given their track record for callbacks in the past I'm not especially hopeful.

Anyone managed to order one since about 11am yesterday?

Nice 1 what tarriff are you on ?

I meantioned the T word and they said 'so what - go' !

I still feel guilty for nabbing the Last Kaiser from orange upgrades on Saturday ;) Soz buddy

Since it was the last one I ended up panicking and coughing up the 200 *Arse*

Guest lewis.curley
Ok folks i am fuming!!!

I called retentions a while ago threating to leave for TMobile as they had better data plans. I was offered

Racoon 35 reduced to 25 a month on a 12 month tariff, on top of this an extra 400 mins and 100 text plus 200 landline minutes. I said thats all well and good but what about the data, well let me see they say.. we can do 8quid a month unlimited data, 'unlimited?' i said are you sure? yes they said. Fine i went away to think about it called back and spoke to someone else and got them to confirm the unlimited by reading through the T&Cs again confirmed it was unlimited. Having taken the names of both reps I went for the deal.

Got the phone (free) and it is a great phone i have to say!

Called to day just to confirm the plan, only to be told no its 30mb a month! I was annoyed so said thats not what I was told, was then transfered to someone who was very abrubt and said well if you dont want it you are within your 7 days so just send us the phone back.

Obviously very unhappy with this and the level of C/S i was given, I plan to call back and ask how i make a complaint but no doubt nothing will be done so will be going to TMobile after all, shame as the orange phone looks a lot nicer.

So a word of warning, check, check and check again. Anybody have any comments besides 'HaHa' ;)

So called back spoke to some one who had a clue, he said let me talk to data, got me the Orange World Daily, if you use any data in a day it costs £1.50 for unlimited data that day. Not ideal at ~45 quid so 20 more than TMob but i got a reasonable deal on the mins / text so the entire package is comparable to TMobile. Still highly unamused and will be writing to the complaints department (not that i expect them to do anything but it will be cathartic)

Guest dazultra2000
Nice 1 what tarriff are you on ?

I'm on Talk 120 with the old 1000 student text deal. I didn't really feel like changing as it's done me proud for the past 2 years, plus all they were willing to offer me was the web racoon 30 anyway, which would have got me more mins, but way less texts, and cost me more per month in the process, and I only use say 130mins a month anyways.

Was a choice between free phone or cheaper tariff. Did the maths and £200 is better than £10 off a month!

Guest jimbouk
are we going to see some pics of the orange flavoured Kaiser? ;)

Upload failed... directory not writeable Paul...

Otherwise it looks just like a Tytn 2, with a small O logo on the non slip back panel.

Guest dazultra2000

Worth mentioning is what to ask for when calling Orange.

Most of their staff said "wha?" when asking for a TyTnII (said "Titan Too").

I had to ask for the "Eych-Tee-See Tee-Why-Tee-Enn-Too"

It's officially on their system as the "HTC TyTnII / P4550"

So spout of some combination of the above and they'll probably be able to find it.