SMS/MMS

Guest tsutton

No T-Mobile have a control panel applet that lets you change the softkeys.

search for SoftKeyApplet.cpl ;)

Really?! No one told me about this! :(

But I can't find that .cpl anywhere? Used the search app and everything.

Thanks! But what does it do? Bit wary of installing a random thing on my device in the windows folder until I know what it does!

Why don't I have this on my Vario III?

Er, there's no easy way to say this, so I'm just gonna come right out with it......

Ouch! I'm a little offended, It's nothing sinister :(

however I'm a nice guy and not too offended to explain ;)

a .cpl file shows up in Start>Settings. After you put it in windows and soft-reset there will be an option to assign your softkeys to whatever you want.

Like I said two posts up

the other two files are for new sms and mms

Heh, I didn't think you'd give me anything bad! I was just wanted to know whether I actually needed to do it or not! Since I'm not too eager to encourage more bugs and weirdness into my device!

Well anywho I have already made the link so I think I'll leave it. I presume this only changes the softkeys at the home screen? beacuse I don't want to change those ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest geordiekid
Yeah it's great :(

Top tip: You can edit 'HTCActionScreen.exe.0409.mui' (in \Windows) with Resource hacker to get rid of the 'dial a number or select task below' text :D

I've installed Action Screen on the Kaiser, but nothing shows up in any menus or anything - where do you access it? Or has my installation just gone wrong?

You'll need to manually create a shortcut to it in your Start Menu using the file manager, then you can set it to a softkey, rename it to 'New' so it looks better on the today screen :(

Guest Chris Hanley

I may be the dissenting opinion, but I like the delete key. I get 100-300 messages a day on my work account, most of them "informative" emails. I hated having to hit the right soft key then the middle button to delete every message. My life has gotten easier with the reassignment of the left softkey to delete. That said, I am also iritated at having to select new -> sms in the menu. I think the menu should would be better if it just said "New SMS", "New MMS", "Reply" ...