Customisations

Guest RickDawson

Guest sc0user_75
Jeez, IMO that's a bit of a mess. ;)

I see loads of people are using S2U2. Can somebody explain to me what the point is? Do you lot really have your devices sitting there locked, but with the screen on?

Nope. But good thing is when you press the screen on button the whole screen lights up unlike the default lock, and you can easily see the time, calender entries, missed calls etc. Oh and it looks flash too :(

Guest Webreaper
Nope. But good thing is when you press the screen on button the whole screen lights up unlike the default lock and you can easily see the time, calender entries, missed calls etc.

Cool. Interestingly enough, though, my phone does that too - I just press the button on the side of the device, and it's all there. ;)

Oh and it looks flash too :(

Ahah, that's enough justification for me. :D :)

Guest sc0user_75
Cool. Interestingly enough, though, my phone does that too - I just press the button on the side of the device, and it's all there. :(

Ahah, that's enough justification for me. :D :(

My wife on the other hand does not think this is flash.... she just says it's "sad" ;) But what do wives know, hey :)

no i do not mean windows spash ...

the device boots up and we got one spash screen then in my case i have got htc animation for 2 seconds and then comes the windows splash screen.

i managed to changed the 1st one and the windows one too. i am thinking ig i can change the htc animation/splash screen as well ?

cudix

Edited by cudix

Ah so you have three splash screens?

Never had to do that one myself, but you say it's animated which makes me think it's a .gif file, trawl through your \Windows directory to find it, if so you can probably just overwite it

Ah so you have three splash screens?

Never had to do that one myself, but you say it's animated which makes me think it's a .gif file, trawl through your \Windows directory to find it, if so you can probably just overwite it

hmm..not saying i got 3 splashes...i changed the 1st one and in between the 1st and 2nd i have "something" and it is shor animation of htc logo. what device you are using? i got vIII running custom ROM based or htcshipped ROM so i would asume all htc users have got this animation when booting up devices.

cudix

Vario III with stock T-Mo ROM for me.

Like I said look through \Windows for the image to see if you can overwrite it. I only have two splashes so I really don't know / can't investigate

There should be a file called "Animated.gif" replace this with a file of your own.

I dont have the animated screen but seen someone else talking about it on another forum, I also belive you can download a cab to give you the animated screen or you can turn it off with a reg hack.

It's easier if I direct you to this thread: MoDaCo-Boot-Splash-for-Kaiser

Download the attached file

Extract the zip and replace the .nbh file with the one attached here

Kaiser_HTC_Black_splash.zip

Follow the instructions in the MoDaCo splash thread to get your new splash

Can't seem to get this to work. Says something like i need to run some program and then the file...any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Mish

There should be a file called "Animated.gif" replace this with a file of your own.

I dont have the animated screen but seen someone else talking about it on another forum, I also belive you can download a cab to give you the animated screen or you can turn it off with a reg hack.

many thanks..

it sorted my problem now have changed 3 of them ;) any idea where the registry key maybe located? it would be nice if i could disbale the animation. i tried deleting the file but it wont let me do it. tried via sync and resco explorer. tried renaming it with no luck. any other ideas on how to do it ?

cheers

cudo

Guest RickDawson
many thanks..

it sorted my problem now have changed 3 of them ;) any idea where the registry key maybe located? it would be nice if i could disbale the animation. i tried deleting the file but it wont let me do it. tried via sync and resco explorer. tried renaming it with no luck. any other ideas on how to do it ?

cheers

cudo

try the default win mobile file browsing app

Done some digging around, this seems to be the method for disabling the startup animation, although untested by myself so do this at your own risk etc

To disable the startup animation change the following registry value:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\StartupAnimation\Enabled = 0

to restore set it back to 1

Guest Deathace
Done some digging around, this seems to be the method for disabling the startup animation, although untested by myself so do this at your own risk etc

To disable the startup animation change the following registry value:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\StartupAnimation\Enabled = 0

to restore set it back to 1

Is this not only applicable for the HTC rom? I have tried getting it working on my VIII and it just doesnt work.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\StartupAnimation\Enabled = 1 (0x1)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\StartupAnimation\GIFFile = \windows\Animated.gif

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\StartupAnimation\Priority = 200 (0xC8)

Are there any other registry settings I am missing? I have the aforementioned gif file in the windows dir which is a 240x320 animated .gif file.

all info appreciated.

Russ

im using vario III with htc shipped rom and changing the value to 0 got the job done for me - no animation now !

thanks for the registry key.

cudix

As I said untested by myself, I was just browsing around and came across the tweak.....

guess you can't easily enable it

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dkindred
Just a few bits for me :D

Touch style PhonePad with custom icon in bottom bar (Please don't ask me for this :D )

Sorry for the part quote, I know u said don't ask, but u gotta point me in the right direction, please :( i need that or simliar asap

Guest elDeeJay
T-Mobile splash screen replaced with black HTC design I found on the web

Do yo mean the white fuzzy red-lined dotted mess that shows when the device is first powered up? I'd love to know how to get rid of that as its hideous!

T-Mobile and MDA logos under the screen have also been removed

Do you mind me asking how you did this? Looks like mine are printed directly onto the handset - how did you remove them without leaving any after-marks?

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere - haven't gone right through the thread yet.

Sorry for the part quote, I know u said don't ask, but u gotta point me in the right direction, please :( i need that or simliar asap

Do a quick Google for 'Unofficial Touch PhonePad'

• 3 months later...
Guest paradigm2200
Right, here's my set-up.

SPB Pocket Plus, with HTC Home in the first tab. pRSSReader Today plugin, rotating through new news items. phoneAlarm at the bottom with custom skin.

Connections tab with most used connection stuff...

Applications Tab - Self explanatory rlly...

Settings Tab - All the useful settings options, etc...

And of course, S2U2 with a custom background - a pic of mine taken in Weston-Super Mare. :D

Few other tweaks in there aswell, but that's the main ascetic ones...

Ooh, and of course there's Batti in there aswell... :(

Cheers

Gavin W

Hi, how did you get your calender to be displayed on s2u2. I just got the newest version of s2u2 pro ver. 1.05 and it just lets me "flick" through the calendar - it doesn;t just show it.

any thoughts?

thanks!

Guest xtreme__boi

Here are my few screen shots of my Vario III, T-Mobile:

HomeScreen.jpgCommMgr.jpgMP.jpg

IE.jpgDialer1.jpgPrograms.jpg

MultiMedia.jpgOfficeMobile.jpgSystemTools.jpg

Utilities.jpgSettings.jpgWeatherWatch.jpg

AdvancedConfig.jpg

Personally, I love the look of it... thanks to Dutty, over on XDA-Developers!