Customisations

Guest RickDawson

Guest mandt

You need to make a .dll that holds the icon you want to use, and put an icon.lnk file, set to hidden, that points to the dll in the start menu folder you want to customise

Guest Mr Alom

:( Hi Guys,

Just a stupid question, how do I take screen shots of my today's screen? :D

Do I need an app? :(

Edited by Mr Alom

Guest Paulplex

Hi all,

I thought this might be the best place to put this question to you all...

I've recently hard reset my Orange branded TyTN II with the aim of removing the orange customisation software: ie, that really annoying side menu thing they seem to like forcing on you: however, a hard reset and subsequent soft reset before the Orange Customisation cab is run doesn't remove this annoying menu.

Of course, you can disable this from the 'Today' menu - but since I never want to use it, I'd rather delete it.

So, since I can't remove the Orange menu by skipping the network customisation, I've left the phone to run that file - however, heres my real customisation question...

Evidently a cab file changes the icons for things like the Connection Manager and battery icon to those horrible Orange ones: anyone have a cab that can put things back to what Microsoft intended?

Oo, I know I could update the ROM and indeed, I did with my old M3100 - but for now, I'd like to stick with the Orange ROM in case I have any issues that need the phone to be sent back: I've only had it about a month so don't want to risk invalidating warranties just yet...

Edited by Paulplex

Guest mandt
right so how do i go about doing this and where do i get the icon from? is there some sort of tutorial available?

Read post five in this thread, I wrote it for cLaunch but the process is the same :D