Sky Anytime

Guest sc0user_75

Guest sc0user_75

I had Sky Anytime on my Nokia N95 and it was an absolute MUST application. To be able to record Match of The Day when you're out ;)

But is this service possible on the Vario III?

I checked the Sky website but they dont seem to have the Vario III on their list.

Is there an alternative way of getting Sky Anytime?

Guest sc0user_75

Bother! The other day I was well and truely stuck. Was out on the town and had forgotten to record MOTD :(

I think all those who want Sky Anytime should go onto the Sky website. There's a form that can be filled in to request Sky Anytime for a specific model. I reckon if enough of us fill it in they may sort it out for the VIII/Kaiser ;)

Guest jimbouk

You don't need anytime. Just set your account up (on your skyplus box, interactive, sky customer services) to use text programming, then you just send a text to 61759 as per following:

LOST. SKY ONE. 19/11. 2100.

Guest jimbouk

Your texts to them are inlcuded in your text allowance. The bad news is that the one confirmation text they send back is charged at 25p.

But its well worth 25p if you really wanted to record something and you dont remember til your are out and about.

Of course a slingbox is the real answer...

Guest jimbouk

a slingbox is a clever little box that connects your skyplus to your router so you can both watch and control your tv over the internet. Just google for it.

Guest davidjtaylor

Cant you just go to sky's website, im sure there is just an online planner that you can record from there. I use the sky anytime app but that is just for particular makes of phone. The online version works from any web conection - i have even recorded something from my laptop.

d

Guest sc0user_75

Thanks All for your replies.

I think I may just go with Pauls suggestion and install Webguide. Seems to be the quickest and cheapest solution.

One thing I dont understand though - Do I have to install Media Centre seperately to Webguide? Or does it come WITH Webguide? I checked out the Webguide website, checked out the FAQ's, and still am non the clearer!

Guest Phil Lee
Thanks All for your replies.

I think I may just go with Pauls suggestion and install Webguide. Seems to be the quickest and cheapest solution.

One thing I dont understand though - Do I have to install Media Centre seperately to Webguide? Or does it come WITH Webguide? I checked out the Webguide website, checked out the FAQ's, and still am non the clearer!

There are two flavours of Media Centre. The first is a complete operating system based on Windows XP. The second comes with Windows Vista Ultimate and Home Premium editions.

Guest Droid8000
I had Sky Anytime on my Nokia N95 and it was an absolute MUST application. To be able to record Match of The Day when you're out ;)

But is this service possible on the Vario III?

I checked the Sky website but they dont seem to have the Vario III on their list.

Is there an alternative way of getting Sky Anytime?

If I remember, there is a java version which I think it was for a Sony PDA. You should be able to find it via google. Then you can run it via the java program on the kaiser.

Guest Phil Lee
Hi Guys just tried this and it works a treat. Once you get your head around the fact that the Midlet is not touch screen compatible ;) whooo back to remote recording facilities.

I just tried it. I can enter my username and password but can't find any way to press the login button. How did you do that?

Edited by Phil Lee

I just tried it. How do you login after you've entered your username and password? I can't find any way to do it.

when you first run the program you will notice the yellow bar on the username, press the middle navigation button to start typing your username.

then press the left button above the internet sign to ok this. You then need to use the navigation button to move down and do the same for the password. Once the two have been done you will see a login option on the bottom left and an exit bottom right.

use the bottom left button again this will allow you to log in. You need to be aware that you cannot use the touch screen as this is not written into the java commands ;)

hope this helps

I have just removed and re-installed the package and everything seems to work, you get the login when you first get the sky screen without entering the username and password.

tried the program again and it works fine, i have just gone to my sky box and the program to remote record is there ;)

try running the cab again from the phone and select yes to all the options and it should work

Guest Phil Lee

Definitely doesn't work on my VIII. There is no way to select the login option. Just been wrestling with the TV Listings on the Sky website using Opera. I can select Remote Record but it then says I'm not logged in. I get the same thing happening on my PC so I put that down to the Sky website being crap.

Definitely doesn't work on my VIII. There is no way to select the login option. Just been wrestling with the TV Listings on the Sky website using Opera. I can select Remote Record but it then says I'm not logged in. I get the same thing happening on my PC so I put that down to the Sky website being crap.

Thats very odd as i have the HTC TyTn II and this should be the same. Have you tried running some of the options Paul posted to remove some of the Tmobile security settings? this could be why it does not work as it should.

Sorry i cannot be more help i do not have the Vario III as yet

Guest Phil Lee

I managed to set a remote record using the Sky website and Opera. Jees the Sky website is rubbish. There are two ways to get at the TV Listings. Only one of them remembers that you are logged in. Anyone else having problems with RR should go direct to http://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/tvguide/tvlistings then login. You should then be able to use Opera to set up a recording. I haven't tried it with PIE.

Guest Paul (MVP)

rand - do you have an Orange TyTN II? The Java app is different to the Vario III one. Intent on Vario III, Jbed on O TyTN II, hence the inconsistencies!

P

rand - do you have an Orange TyTN II? The Java app is different to the Vario III one. Intent on Vario III, Jbed on O TyTN II, hence the inconsistencies!

P

Confirmed i have the Orange TyTN II it does exactly as Rand Describes, installs runs but you cannot select the boxes to enter your details to login.