WARNING: Do NOT flash your Orange TyTN II to the HTC ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Aura,

Could you please tell me what's the procedure you followed? I also have an HTC TyTN II Orange to unlock. No joy so far. Thanks.

P. S.: I'm new to forums, new to PDAs (first ever), and therefore not sure how this works. Just in case, this is my email address: [Edit by Paul: Posting yoru email is a bad idea]

I'm free... I'm free... I'm free !

The future is bright the future is not Orange :)

Just received my SIM unlock code and am SIM FREE whooo hoooo....

Thanks for the phone Orange (Yes it does look nice), speak to you later as I have some money to spend on T-mobile :D

Guest Subliminal Aura
Hi Aura,

Could you please tell me what's the procedure you followed? I also have an HTC TyTN II Orange to unlock. No joy so far. Thanks.

P. S.: I'm new to forums, new to PDAs (first ever), and therefore not sure how this works. Just in case, this is my email address: remove this.

First off remove your email address unless you like spam.

Secondly head over to xda-developers as they seem to have an unlocker but I haven't tested it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=378

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=361039

Guest Chaser81

Well, I have only just found this topic, and I am kinda glad I didnt see it before I flashed my Orange TyTn II. It might have put me off!

I have an Orange TyTn II which is still locked to Orange. Yesterday I flashed it to Dutty's Hybrid ROM 4, and it works brilliantly. No issues at all. I now have an Orange free device which works and responds much quicker than it used to.

It should be noted that the ROM I flashed my device to did not include a new radio, that may be the common thread which is causing people problems. Now that I have seen this topic, I will not be changing the radio on mine.

Guest Subliminal Aura

Dutty's rom rocks :D

Anyway this is now an old thread .... 3 months old now and probably very relevant to the early days when the effects of flashing were unknown.

Enjoy your Orange free rom btw :)

Edited by Subliminal Aura

Guest Chaser81

Okay, really shot myself in the foot last night!

Been having problems with my TyTn II over the last few days (wont put calls through, and wont send/receive sms messages). I was cruising XDA-Developers and noted that the Official Orange Radio ROM for new TyTn II handsets has now been updated from the Radio ROM that my handset was shipped with. "Fine," I thought, "I'll update the Radio ROM to the version that Orange is now shipping, that should sort the problem!"

As soon as I did so, however, the handset locked itself. I had to pay £20 to imei-check to unlock the phone. All working again now, and the improved radio rom has solved my problems with calls and texts, and I suppose on the plus side I now have an unlocked phone, but what a pain in the ass!!

So the word of warning to users of an Orange TyTn II is flash the ROM if you want, but dont change the Radio ROM whatever you do, cause you will lock your handset and the only way to get it unlocked is with the unlock code, which will mean paying for it!!!

Edited by Chaser81

Guest Subliminal Aura

Had you not panicked and read a little bit more you could have unlocked it yourslf :)

Anyway £20 is a small price to pay. Hope the new radio sorted your problems out :D

• 3 weeks later...
Anyway this is now an old thread .... 3 months old now and probably very relevant to the early days when the effects of flashing were unknown.
so i should not worry about it till i follow xda-developers tutorials?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Tishhh
Well I have always had pretty quick and good service in respect of unlock codes, and good service in general from Orange - One thing I always say, is deal direct - NEVER through third parties such as CPW, The Link and Phones4U etc.....

Mike

OK Mike, kindly tell me which email address or phone number to use to 'deal directly' with ORANGE.

I got my phone (locked to Orange) on Ebay with the assurance that it could be 'unlocked easily'. To date, it's been everything but that. Apart from the IMEI, they keep asking for the phone number which I don't have.

Please HELP!!!

• 1 year later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.