T-Mobile Network having serious problems?

Guest AndyO

Guest jimbouk

But its not about four bars versus no bars. The common problem here is someone with two bars of 3g not being able to actually make or receive calls.

As I said before, your device still thinks it is getting a good enough signal to warrant holding on to 3g, but it isnt strong enough for the device to actually hold a conversation with the network.

Anyway... lets see what happens when your's is returned. Good luck.

Guest gazbert
If you read my other posts on this subject, you would know that I often point out to people in this situation that every single cell phone is different. You could line up 10 kaisers and none of them would have exactly the same signal strength. Its the same with nokias, motorolas etc.

Your test with your colleagues just proves the point. Sending your back for repair is a waste of everyone's time and you will be disappointed when it comes back with the same radio rom and same transceiver strength.

So either insist they replace it and hope you get one with a stronger transceiver or insist on cancelling the contract as the device /network cannot do what you are paying them for... and switch to a network with better coverage.

Great idea! So which UK network will give me 600 texts / 300 mins + 3GB data allowance + use my phone as a laptop modem + instant messaging for £28.50 a month with a HTC Kaiser?

I've seen other reports from people that have sent their Kaisers off for repair. I'm led to believe by a friend inside the industry that most HTC's get their entire motherboard replaced. So new ROM, new Radio chip. So I think I'll take my chances. If it comes back and still doesn't work then I have more to support my case. If I don't even try a repair I doubt I'd have a leg to stand on.

Good news for me at least. This evening, the normal weekly "ZOMG NO CALLS OR TEXTS OR DATA OR SOMETIMES SIGNAL" at Waterloo wasn't apparent. It was nice being able to continue communicating on a Friday night as usual!

Must have been a quiet day at waterloo then... as all the networks have trouble there in rush hour.

It was actually busier than normal because the train an hour before mine had been cancelled so it was packed! The last 3 Fridays I had horrible reception issues all the way home out of London, but it was fine today. Even sat there and used the internet through my laptop for the first time on a Friday! Until I realised I had 20% battery left ;) NOW I wish the Kaiser had more battery...