How good is the Kaiser?

Guest Transform

unfortunately im on o2 pay & go and the cheapest i found it on the t-mobile website was:

£540 on flext 25 + web'n'walk 12 month contract

£440 on flext 20 + web'n'walk 18 month contract

(based on month contract + phone cost)

i couldnt find the device on the vodafone website though ;)

Note sure where you're looking, but in the t-mob site it's free to £249.99, flext 20 WnW, 18 month is £169.99 for example, i think some peeps on here have sweet talked better deals than that in the shops as well.

Check on the business section on the voda site, i think that's where its located.

also, on the t-mobile website it said that there is no voice dialing?

not set it up but one of the buttons on the phone is programmed to bring up the voice dialling by default so it must be there.

Edited by Muzza

Guest Transform
Note sure where you're looking, but in the t-mob site it's free to £249.99, flext 20 WnW, 18 month is £169.99 for example, i think some peeps on here have sweet talked better deals than that in the shops as well.

Check on the business section on the voda site, i think that's where its located.

sorry i think i made my post confusing. the one i was looking at is the 18 month contract where the phone is £170 and £22.50 monthly. i did find a thread where people had said that they had the same deal i'm looking at and when the box was scanned, got the phone for £70-£80 which you rightly pointed out. maybe i'll have a look in the t-mobile shop and see what deal they can give me. i hate to rush into things like this knowing i'll be stuck with it for a year and a half if i dont like it!

as for the model on vodaphone, i googled it and found the business site before but thanks for posting up your helpful comments ;)

sorry i think i made my post confusing. the one i was looking at is the 18 month contract where the phone is £170 and £22.50 monthly. i did find a thread where people had said that they had the same deal i'm looking at and when the box was scanned, got the phone for £70-£80 which you rightly pointed out. maybe i'll have a look in the t-mobile shop and see what deal they can give me. i hate to rush into things like this knowing i'll be stuck with it for a year and a half if i dont like it!

as for the model on vodaphone, i googled it and found the business site before but thanks for posting up your helpful comments :(

he he, re-reading your post i see what you meant, i've had a few beers so that probably didn't help!!! ;)

Guest Transform

i really hope this phone lives up to its expectations! i think i will go into t-mobile and find out this weekend. still i believe that i have a 14 day trial period anyway ;)

if all goes well, does anyone know how long it will take to transfer existing number on o2 onto the t-mobile sim?

Guest Phil Lee

The Vario III (Kaiser) is the best phone/PDA I have owned. I have had an SPV, a C500, a Vario (Wizard) and now the Kaiser. It is totally different from a C500 but much, much better. The keyboard is brilliant for texting and 3G data is wonderful as are the data bundles from T-Mobile. Having built in GPS is great too. I find battery life is good too, again now that I have got over the new phone syndrome and am using it rather than fiddling with different bits of software. I have an active cradle in my car for GPS use, I think that it's essential to have some form of power if you want to use GPS for a journey of much over an hour.

Guest tsutton
Quite OT, but could I get that letter? I apparently have stupid friends...

Ditto. I have a few who goes ZOMG I WANT IT!!! ;D

A scanned copy would be good.

Guest Transform

thanks for your views Phil Lee. much appreciated! only problem i have is that i realised that if i get an 18 month contract, i may not be in the country in 12 months time. i guess that t-mobile wont work over in new zealand ;)

i could get a 12 month contract but the cheapest option is expensive for what it is and the phone price is very high!

Quite OT, but could I get that letter? I apparently have stupid friends...

I'll scan it in a week or so (when I happen to be getting a new scanner) - it's a little bit comical to be honest, not least because I never said anything about the Iphone in the first place..

Guest RussellH

Well, after three years of trusty service, my SPV M2000 has finally been laid to rest. There's a part of me that feels a little sad to see it go! I've now got my hands a new Kaiser from Orange. I loved my M2000 and have waited ages for the right device to come along to replace it. After a few days usage, I have to say that I've made the right decision. I think this device is awesome! It seems to have pretty much everything, and it all seems to work properly too. I've still got a load of programmes to download to it, but the "stuff out of the box" is great. One thing I've noticed is that the battery indicator only shows one battery. The M2000 had a backup battery for emergencies. Does the Kaiser not have one? I guess it shouldn't need one if it's kept synced regularly, but what if not? Will it lose data if the battery runs out by mistake and you don't get to recharge it in time?

I'm assuming any software I bought for use on my M2000 will be compatable (in particular my Commodore 64 emulator which allows me to play games I loved in my school days)!

Thumbs up HTC - a fantastic device which I'd recommend to anyone.

Best wishes,

Russell

Guest jimbouk
Well, after three years of trusty service, my SPV M2000 has finally been laid to rest. There's a part of me that feels a little sad to see it go! I've now got my hands a new Kaiser from Orange. I loved my M2000 and have waited ages for the right device to come along to replace it. After a few days usage, I have to say that I've made the right decision. I think this device is awesome! It seems to have pretty much everything, and it all seems to work properly too. I've still got a load of programmes to download to it, but the "stuff out of the box" is great. One thing I've noticed is that the battery indicator only shows one battery. The M2000 had a backup battery for emergencies. Does the Kaiser not have one? I guess it shouldn't need one if it's kept synced regularly, but what if not? Will it lose data if the battery runs out by mistake and you don't get to recharge it in time?

I'm assuming any software I bought for use on my M2000 will be compatable (in particular my Commodore 64 emulator which allows me to play games I loved in my school days)!

Thumbs up HTC - a fantastic device which I'd recommend to anyone.

Best wishes,

Russell

Unlike WM2003, WM5/6 have permanent memory - so you don't lose everything when you power off/run out of juice. You thus don't need to worry about the whole second battery thing.

You will find some apps won't work with WM5 - and will need updating.

You will also find that you have tons of storage space on your device (and stupid amounts if you get a 4/6/8 gb sdhc microsd card.

Guest RussellH

Thanks for the reply re not needing a back-up battery.

I've looked into whether or not software will work on Windows Mobile 6. Clickgamer don't have very much that appears to be compatible with Windows Mobile 6, and certainly not my beloved Commodore 64 emulator! Is is safe to assume that over time, more and more programmes will become available?

Best wishes,

Russell

Guest RussellH

Just realised that what I went on to ask had already been answered, so have amended this post to avoid looking like a pillock!

R

Edited by RussellH

Guest RussellH

Just given it a try and downloaded Bretto's excellent PPCProfiles programme onto the TYTN II, and I'm delighted to say it's working perfectly. In fact, it works better than it did on my M2000. There is an option to have bluetooth on or off with any given profile that never worked on the M2000, yet it works on the TYTN II.

I always think that Microsoft have missed a trick by not including profiles. It's really useful to be able to change the volume settings and various ring type options at the touch of one button.

Best wishes,

Russell