The Official Samsung i620 'Ask Chris' Thread

Guest Monolithix

Guest Terry1100

First post here - and I'm considering the jump from Symbian (Nokia E90) to Windows Mobile (Smartphone rather than Pro).

The i620 is clocking on now - and this means it's something of a bargain at Expansys at the moment.

Are there any long term users out there who can confirm if there are any issues with the touch sensitive buttons over time.

I'm quite temped by the form factor and with modern data contracts, the HSDPA sort of covers the lack of WiFi. From what I've seen, the Samsung modifications to the UI are quite useful - the only thing it lacks from my (personal) perspective is a lanyard loop.

The other thing I'm considering is the ASUS M530W at a similar price, with a lanyard loop and WiFi and a more conventional "Blackberryesque" form factor - but it lacks the high speed data and from what I've seen has a more "vanilla" implemetation of WM.

So - i620 users -still a good handset ?

TIA

Terry

London

Guest spacerace

all I would say is physically hold one before you buy as it was considerably larger (and heavier) than I expected it to be. I was upgrading from a i600 and thought the sliding keyboard would be perfect, but I sent it back as I just couldn't handle the bulk of it. vodafone had the i640 in stores for a while (haven't checked recently) which is pretty much the same - try nipping into your local one and trying it out.

Guest Terry1100

Cheers,

Bulk shouldn't be an issue - I'm trading down from a Nokia E90 ;)

But that's a good call on Voda - I might see if I can find one in store

How were those touch keys before you sent it back - smart and user friendly - or a nightmare ?

Terry

Guest spacerace

good point!

the touch keys were ok for me actually, better than on some of the smaller samsung phones anyway where you can accidentally press them. the jog wheel is handy too although it can feel a little 'loose' on its mount. the phone was fairly usable without sliding it open which was something I wanted, but as I said the weight of it just put me off.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.