How to change Shadow's Neo Theme

Guest kwoodall

Guest killa jay
Sorry to see you go to the 'dark' side. :( Did you have any templates or suggestions on how we can create our own backgrounds, especially for CHome_framework_background_p.png and CHome_framework_glass_p.png? Can't just adjust the hue on the same background forever.

I found some great icons here: http://fasticon.com/freeware/ and combined some to make a skin for my wife's shadow. I think the notification icon is especially cute, with four different poses (the fourth pose is only visible when a notification comes in and it blinks the icon.)

post-121168-1197317158_thumb.png post-121168-1197317170_thumb.png post-121168-1197317536_thumb.png

post-121168-1197317176_thumb.png post-121168-1197317182_thumb.png post-121168-1197317188_thumb.png

post-121168-1197317193_thumb.png post-121168-1197317199_thumb.png post-121168-1197317205_thumb.png

post-121168-1197317211_thumb.png

UPDATEd 12/11/2007:

12/11/2007: ZIP updated. CHome_home_desat_inactive.png was incorrectly named CHome_home_desat_inactive_.png so the inactive notification icon would still be the default. The graphic was also a few pixel smaller than the others... not really visible but I've updated the zip anyway. Also, contacts_active.png was missing. You can also download them here:

post-121168-1197392735_thumb.png post-121168-1197392652_thumb.png

how can i get the oem icons for my shadow i got stuck with the icons of this theme o can some one make icon pack of much smaller icons

I love these cabs. I put all of them on my phone and now I just change my theme as I see fit. I also would love to see a neo theme dl section, that would be great!

Could you post the backgrounds from the two themes you created? thanks!

Here they are in a zip file. Just unzip them and copy the files over all the other files in the windows directory. It includes an updated notification icon as well. Both themes will use the default registry key for where the start menu background is located. So if you use another theme in a cab file and it changes the registry key for the start menu background icon you will need to change that key back in order for my start menu background file to work correctly. If your not sure how to do that just install the cab for the default theme then over write the files with my files. Everything should work fine then.

Blu___Red.zip

Red___Blue.zip

Edited by jmoak

Here they are in a zip file. Just unzip them and copy the files over all the other files in the windows directory. It includes an updated notification icon as well. Both themes will use the default registry key for where the start menu background is located. So if you use another theme in a cab file and it changes the registry key for the start menu background icon you will need to change that key back in order for my start menu background file to work correctly. If your not sure how to do that just install the cab for the default theme then over write the files with my files. Everything should work fine then.

awesome thank you!

honestly guys .. all i really wanna know is how to change the icons .. the main icons like the music.. tzones.. commanager.. etc.. can someone please post how to change those.. .. i know how to change the subicons..but cant seem to find a way to change the others.... pleaseee

Guest LGSilva
I toned down the red a little bit on one of my themes. I think it looks much better now. I attached the updated zip file if anyone wants it with the changed color.

This looks fantastic! Saving for January when I can get my Shadow with a better price :(

honestly guys .. all i really wanna know is how to change the icons .. the main icons like the music.. tzones.. commanager.. etc.. can someone please post how to change those.. .. i know how to change the subicons..but cant seem to find a way to change the others.... pleaseee

Any files in Windows folder that start with CHome and have 'sat' or 'desat' in the name are the main left hand menu icons for neo. So like CHome_music_sat_active.png

There are three for each icon but I can only see where it uses two images, the desat_inactive one is for when its not selected.

The sat_active is for when its selected.

I dont know what desat_active is used for..

When you recreate them note the active image is a little bigger than the deactive one.

And the deactive one has some opacity.

I toned down the red a little bit on one of my themes. I think it looks much better now. I attached the updated zip file if anyone wants it with the changed color.

JMOAK, I like your theme, good job!

Edited by tcady

Guest devil2salty
The easiest way would be to install a CAB, other than that, you could try renaming the files in the Windows dir, and then copying the new versions.

P

Paul could u give direction on how to create a CAB?? sorri i'm dumb when it come to technology :(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest eihcir90

Okay, ive been looking for the default background image for the homescreen for the regular Tmobile brown. I tried editing CHome_framework_background_p but thats the background for each menu things on the left. When i edited the CHome_framework_background_p it will change all of the menu background and it will make it have the icon and the image i want the background to be. I just want to edit the homescreen background and have the same default background. Basically i want to add a small little picture to it. Any suggestions?

I want it to look like this basically.

Background.jpg

Edited by eihcir90

Guest MoDiggity
Okay, ive been looking for the default background image for the homescreen for the regular Tmobile brown. I tried editing CHome_framework_background_p but thats the background for each menu things on the left. When i edited the CHome_framework_background_p it will change all of the menu background and it will make it have the icon and the image i want the background to be. I just want to edit the homescreen background and have the same default background. Basically i want to add a small little picture to it. Any suggestions?

I want it to look like this basically.

Background.jpg

Just save the penguin image as a .png and save it in with your other picture files. Make sure that the image has a transparent background. If you're using photoshop, the background will look like a gray checkerboard when it's transparent. I believe since the phone supports .png transparency, when you set the penguin .png as your home screen image, it will look much like what you have posted above. In theory at least. Let me know if that's not the case.

Guest eihcir90
Just save the penguin image as a .png and save it in with your other picture files. Make sure that the image has a transparent background. If you're using photoshop, the background will look like a gray checkerboard when it's transparent. I believe since the phone supports .png transparency, when you set the penguin .png as your home screen image, it will look much like what you have posted above. In theory at least. Let me know if that's not the case.

Dang, it didnt work. Seem like a good idea. The phone just converted the image with a white background instead of a transparent one.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't like the transparent glass curve covering my photos and wallpaper so I trimmed it down a bit.

Could you please explain how to do it? I am using Fred's Neo black theme and I want to change the curve so that the background is uniformly black.

I really appreciate your help. Thanks

Machav

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Psjames

Is there a way to change the order of applications in the message Centere. I would like to move Outlook E-mail to be in the first slot and then Text messages. It is a real pain to have to go down to message center then go over 4 or 5 clicks to get to Outlook Email.

Paul

Is there a way to change the order of applications in the message Centere.

Ditto... I'd like to be able to re-order these too but haven't been able to find any info on this yet...