Glofiish launch X600, X800 and M800 devices

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest rsearley

I can confirm that 64mb is NOT enough to run the device, part of the problem is that only 45.20mb is available for program use, with about 30mb of it being used buy the system.

after a reboot only 20mb is available to run programs in, after a few hours this figure drops, and after about 6hrs there is not enough memory to open pocket informant without locking up!

apart from that the device is really nice - - would i advise anyone buys it... NO! not unless the meomory shortage can be fixed!!

if the 20mb missing memory could be regained somehow i think it would be an OK device

Guest rsearley
Try hard resetting and holding down the Camera button during the 3 second countdown... this will skip installing all the extra crap...

P

and that will give you 22mb free for running programs in.. if eten actually gave 64mb instead of 45 it would be ok

i have had 2 resets today do to low memory, and all i have done is check email using outlook, then try to open Pocket informant.

i use magic button to ensure programs are closed rather than minimised, in my opinion, Eten could have had a great device, but it has been let down by poor implementation of the available memory

i will give mine another 24hrs, then decide if i should return mine as 'unfit for purpose' and probably go back to my nokia E90 (which can get pushmail through wifi when in standby!!) and can stay on for 48hrs without the need for a reboot!!

Guest Confucious

The extra memory on my Ameo meanms I don't have to worry about it, I install everything in memory and still have plenty free. How much extra does it add to the price to have 128 instead of 64? The difference it makes is stunning.

Guest edgoggin
Try hard resetting and holding down the Camera button during the 3 second countdown... this will skip installing all the extra crap...

P

Hi

Would this work with the Vario II, as in, if I held down the camera button would I also gain extra memory and if so, would it be things I'd probably miss later?

Thanks in advance!

Guest HerpezP
The extra memory on my Ameo meanms I don't have to worry about it, I install everything in memory and still have plenty free. How much extra does it add to the price to have 128 instead of 64? The difference it makes is stunning.

I think you're confusing RAM and ROM - unless you mean launching instead of installing. You're installing programs in the ROM (or the external memory card) and are running/launching them in the RAM.

Guest Raspster

Hi, I have a quick question. I have seen many posts on the x800 & m800 and weather or not they work in the UK. My question is, will they work in the US..? Say on at&t...? I have been reading all over the net to find out and so far from what I have gathered is that is should would as it has the bands used in the US. Can anyone confirm this for me? Thanks.

Guest mountee

Paul great video, can you or someone post a screen shot or video of RDP or logmein on the X800, I'm DESPERATE to see how good it looks before I go get one of these bad boys...thanks!

Gerr! i wish they would look after existing customers like me, i have still no T-Mobile GPRS connection on my X500... ;) its been a bug for a year now!!

wow that X600 looks amazing! 10/10 to the design department!!!

I still give 0/10 for customer support!

paul, is the x800 definitely hsdpa? i've got mine and i've never seen the H in the title bar. also I can't see any reference to hsdpa in any of the settings of the device.

I was wondering if it's something to do with the sim. i've just put my regular orange sim in the device. is there a specific hsdpa sim?

ps. any chance of an x800 forum?

Guest Paul (MVP)

I have a feeling the X800 isn't shipping with HSDPA as yet but can be ugpraded in the future, i'll check tho.

X800 forum - use Eten.MoDaCo.com initially, and if there's enough volume i'll create a specific X800 area?

P

Gerr! i wish they would look after existing customers like me, i have still no T-Mobile GPRS connection on my X500... ;) its been a bug for a year now!!

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt this will ever happen. The product life of Eten phones is just too short, and the X500/M700 range is already on their obsolescence list (=no further development or fixes). Judging how their communications on the issue dried up months ago, it's obvious they lost interest in fixing it anyway, or had deemed it uneconomic given that the issues only affected a single region. If it was a hardware problem, an expensive replacement/repair programme was certain to be rejected by the bean counters. I suspect the problem has only gone away because they had to redesign the radio hardware for 3G - which makes hoping for a retro fix on the 2G models even more pie in the sky.

This pattern has been repeated so often it's entirely predictable (see Qtek 8500, Toshiba G900, Fuji T830 etc.) - only address major issues that are likely to result in "fit for purpose" class actions, honour the minimum obligations for refunds under the Sales Of Goods act, then leave the early adopting punters high and dry while you work on the next shiny new model. Of course if GPRS had not worked on T-Mobile USA, it would have been an entirely different story...

Edited by Metoo

Guest netnerd
Paul great video, can you or someone post a screen shot or video of RDP or logmein on the X800, I'm DESPERATE to see how good it looks before I go get one of these bad boys...thanks!

this is the reason y i'm so desperate for VGA pdaphone with TRI-BAND 3G! this is y i call QVGA = junk!

can QVGA does this?

stockrdp.jpg

this is the reason y i'm so desperate for VGA pdaphone with TRI-BAND 3G! this is y i call QVGA = junk!

can QVGA does this?

stockrdp.jpg

just a question : the above image is about 7" diagonal , if you reduce it at 2.8" can you always see something ? ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.