Some Vario 3 questions

Guest Transform

Guest Transform

i had alot of trouble with this one, but if you just put them into the root of my docs, then assign them, you can move them into another folder after if your a person who likes 'tidy' folders ;)

oh and does anyone know how to fix this issue?

if i turn the bluetooth off then back on again, the second tickbox called 'make this device visible to other devices' isnt ticked! :(
Edited by Transform

I would like it to alert me when I get a mail, and this is quite easy to do. However I don't want to be alerted at 2:55am that I've got a very important email stating that, contrary to popular belief, that there's hot chicks who want my services. So, can you set it to send/receive every X minutes between say, 7am and 10pm? Then just leave it until the next morning?

I have found a good solution to this. I use the excellent "PhoneWeaver" software, which adds profiles to your device, to turn on and off the sound of the email notifications between certain times. It's VERY powerful so have a look.. I tried a couple of programs and that was by far the best. Manual profiles, time profiles, and then the option to force on, force off, or leave as is every option you can think of (e.g. sounds, LEDs for any event, backlight settings, execute programs, etc).

So if I happen to wake up at 5am and fancy seeing if I have any interesting emails, they're there, the noise just didn't wake me up ;)

Guest pd.ryder

Lutzie - welcome ;)

MAPPING: If you don't fancy my own personal favourite Google Maps (don't worry about the data use on W&W, you'll never max it out) give Microsoft's offering a try -- Live Search. It too uses data to download maps / satellite imagery but presents it in a slightly different way.

APPLICATIONS: Take a look at Paul's must have FREE Kaiser applications for some wizzo software-to-go for WM6 devices.

Enjoy...

:(

I have found a good solution to this. I use the excellent "PhoneWeaver" software, which adds profiles to your device, to turn on and off the sound of the email notifications between certain times. It's VERY powerful so have a look.. I tried a couple of programs and that was by far the best. Manual profiles, time profiles, and then the option to force on, force off, or leave as is every option you can think of (e.g. sounds, LEDs for any event, backlight settings, execute programs, etc).

So if I happen to wake up at 5am and fancy seeing if I have any interesting emails, they're there, the noise just didn't wake me up ;)

PhoneWeaver? I'll give it a bash! That sounds exactly like what I need. 2 different profiles is the way forwards for certain. Thanks!

Lutzie - welcome MAPPING: If you don't fancy my own personal favourite Google Maps (don't worry about the data use on W&W, you'll never max it out) give Microsoft's offering a try -- Live Search. It too uses data to download maps / satellite imagery but presents it in a slightly different way. APPLICATIONS: Take a look at Paul's must have FREE Kaiser applications for some wizzo software-to-go for WM6 devices. Enjoy...

Cheers for the welcome. :(

The only issue I have about online maps isn't the W&W or anything, it's the "what if I can't get a signal?" problem. :D

And I'll certainly check your link out, thanks.

As an aside: The Gmail problem, if anyone is having the same problem: It would appear that both the shift key and the fn key are toggle on/off, rather than hold to work. So fn+J gives you a 5, but locks up the pad until you press fn again.

Still, I got my normal email sorted out, so I'll be using that more than often than not.

Another tip:

My previous phone (SEK800i) would only play approx 10 seconds of a ringtone, even if the selected MP3 track was say, 3 minutes long. The Vario plays the whole damned file. ;)

So I grabbed this and edited out the bit that I wanted, and used that as my message tone. VERY easy program to use. If you want to export as MP3 you'll need a .dll file, but it'll tell you which one and a quick google will turn it up.

Highly recommended.

Guest pd.ryder
The only issue I have about online maps isn't the W&W or anything, it's the "what if I can't get a signal?" problem. ;)

And I'll certainly check your link out, thanks.

That's where Live Search wins - it stores cached maps onto the Storage Card so if you 'investigate' the area you're planning to visit before you set off the maps will be on the card already. Google's variant does this too but there's no option (yet) to store the cache on the card.

:(

• 3 weeks later...
Guest christhedon
#2 - windows live didnt come with the phone (t-mobile) so i had to get a dodgy cab file :( could it be because of that?

Possibly, head on over to www.xda-developers.com, look in the Kaiser forum for Duttys rom, in there is a link to the MSN cab file, that should work fine

UPDATE: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment...mp;d=1191879542 you will need an account on XDA Dev but that link will download a cab for Live Messenger, uninstall the one you have first

Didn't work for me. I installed it. Hit the icon and nothing happens it just shows the loading sign for a second and then stops. Maybe because I'm on Vario 2 WM6? A bit strange though if that were the case. Anyone else tried this bit of software??

Guest christhedon
Didn't work for me. I installed it. Hit the icon and nothing happens it just shows the loading sign for a second and then stops. Maybe because I'm on Vario 2 WM6? A bit strange though if that were the case. Anyone else tried this bit of software??

Answer is install on phone menu and not on storage card...

• 4 months later...
Guest ninimoe

Hi, I'm new to this forum and i've probably posted to the wrong thread. I would be grateful if anyone could help by either pointing me in the right direction or providing me a solution

i recently got a Vario III from T-mobile its been unlocked to any network and now i have an O2 UK sim card in it. The problem i have is i can not send any mms messages. I asked O2 to send me the settings. They said they'll have to send by e-mail. 2 settings were send to me one for internet which works fine and the second one was for mms. Unfortunately the second setting was an instruction to click on a button that is only availible on their XDA stellar. I repeatly asked for O2 mms manual settings but they kept sending me the same thing. I resorted to keying my own settings in that i found on the web.

Under mms settings server tab.

Server name: O2UK

Gateway: 193.113.200.195

Port number: 9201

Server address: http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002

Connects via: o2 (The internet settings which works fine)

Send limit: 300k

WAP Version: WAP 2.0

Any help would be welcome.