Guest PaulOBrien

Here is how I got mine to work:

Google Maps and Live Search already installed

Download the .CAB file to my computer.

Copy it to the phone.

Run it from the phone

Restart the Phone.

Download GPSTest from Smartphone.net

Started GPSTest search from GPS. waited till the GPS Started (this might take couple of minutes)

Started Google Maps(GPSTest still running). With Defaul settings go to Menu -> Use GPS.

It should be working. Same with Live Search.

When I want to use the GPS I have to start GPS test, apparently Google and Live search do not start the GPS by them self(even if I changed the baud).

now I have no internet at all. It tells me page cannot be displayed because your connection was lost....please help

Guest RJnewblackjackII

After reading alot of the questions and answers and having no luck with Windows Live on COM4, I decided to try Google Maps. It immediately found the satellites and my phone 'within 1800 meters'. I decided to try Live again, no luck on COM 4. Set the port to the intermediate driver & it found my exact position within a minute. Have not tried it on the road to see if it foolws, but encouraged.

thanks for all the posts & the hack. Hope this helps others

Guest Eddman

ok guys sorry for being so noob at this..i got the bj 2 and i download the sm gps activator.. but how i installed? were i copy paste the file? or is not copying and paste how i installed.. please cause i need the increase ringtone size cab but i dont know how to installed the smg gps hack so please help me i am a rookie with this.. thanks

Guest KAnders
Tried that. Kept saying "Initializing GPS...." for about a minute. Then "Ypur GPS receiver does not appear to be responding....."

****!!!!

I too am having this same issue. I followed all instructions in the thread but still cannot get it work >< Any help would be greatly apprecaited. I Just received my BJII today and am pretty stoked about getting the GPS to work without having to use telenav.

Guest xbdrew08

I just got my Blackjack II on Monday. After reading that the GPD was locked down I installed the activator and I woudl only get GPS initializing on Google Maps, and I lost access to MEdia Net and CV. So I did a factory reset and installed Google Maps fresh without the activator, and it worked!!! I was getting between 5 and 7 sats. It's possible that MS Mobile 6.1 has resolved the communication issue, but I'm not sure, new to the whole MS Mobile experience.

Hope this helps!

-Drew

Guest Mr. Buckles
I just got my Blackjack II on Monday. After reading that the GPD was locked down I installed the activator and I woudl only get GPS initializing on Google Maps, and I lost access to MEdia Net and CV. So I did a factory reset and installed Google Maps fresh without the activator, and it worked!!! I was getting between 5 and 7 sats. It's possible that MS Mobile 6.1 has resolved the communication issue, but I'm not sure, new to the whole MS Mobile experience.

Hope this helps!

-Drew

got my BJ2 GPS with Garmin mobile Xt working. only used the GPS hack/unlocker and garmin. took alot of hard resets and reloading everything to get the GPS to turn on. tried it today and works great......thanks a bunch. now to hack the wifes Black bery curve....

Mark

Edited by Mr. Buckles

Guest Nayman

I insalled the hack, Configured the GPS, and Googlemap. It seem to find 5-7 Satelites. Is the GPS suppose to be turn by turn Navigation? When I put directions from Point A to Point B, I see the Blue dot blinking and moving but the doe snot display the next turn once I have reached that point. Is that the way it suppose to work?

Guest xlasianizelx
I insalled the hack, Configured the GPS, and Googlemap. It seem to find 5-7 Satelites. Is the GPS suppose to be turn by turn Navigation? When I put directions from Point A to Point B, I see the Blue dot blinking and moving but the doe snot display the next turn once I have reached that point. Is that the way it suppose to work?

yea it depends on what program u use... google map is pretty much only to used for a map.. not a gps navigation unit.. u will need another program like the garmin xt...

i have a problem though, i cant seem to download the gps hack, i tried over the air.. and on device and everytime i click it.. it brings me a white screen with some weird text on it... it doesnt ask me if i wanna download anything... what am i dong wrong...i already have the garmin program... and i actually used gps with google maps before.. but it only works after i go on that website.. and sometimes it dont even work at all... i can do the pc install b/c i dont have a data cable... please help..

Guest xlasianizelx
yea it depends on what program u use... google map is pretty much only to used for a map.. not a gps navigation unit.. u will need another program like the garmin xt...

i have a problem though, i cant seem to download the gps hack, i tried over the air.. and on device and everytime i click it.. it brings me a white screen with some weird text on it... it doesnt ask me if i wanna download anything... what am i dong wrong...i already have the garmin program... and i actually used gps with google maps before.. but it only works after i go on that website.. and sometimes it dont even work at all... i can do the pc install b/c i dont have a data cable... please help..

ok ..SCRATCH THAT... i think i got it to work.. lol

Guest flipkid1080

hey guys i just installed the cab file on my comp and transferred it to my documents in the phone, but the file doesn't show up. even tried saving it to the storage card, but no luck. can anyone help? thanks

Guest FishinFreak

I'm terribly "tech un-advanced", but I want to use the GPS on my phone. Can someone lead me to EXTREMELY detailed, step by step instructions on what to do with the hacks that are on this page and how to get them on my phone and make the setting changes on the phone. Sorry for the stupidity and thanks for your help.

Guest tke954

this may seem like a dumb question but do i have to have internet capability to use the gps hack? aAnd if not will it use internet charging me an arm and a leg if i do use it?

Guest RickKitadai

first of all i'd like to apologize about my stupidity when it comes to Mobile phones;

today i just bought my BJ II it ROCKS!

however, i really cant seem to understand how to do all these stuff..

is there any another topic which describes everything?

cause i really dont know how to use my Garmin..i have the pre-installed..can i "unlock" it?

if somebody could please help me here!

Guest Victormg

ok check this out...

had my BJII since fathers day.

- i downloaded google maps 2 my phone.

- after i followed pauls instructions and rebooted. found that if you manually set for com4,19200 it told me i had no gps receiver.ok. i was confused and mad for bit.

-then i went back to gps settings and set to windows live search. i stood outside and tried it once stood like an idiot and was rejected. i clicked retry on the phone and then boom 4 satellites after bout 2 minutes. been working ever since.

thanx paul.

Guest wildcatrider
Those apps use the GPSID directly, rather than using a COM port. This enables the all important COM port access.

P

what the heck am i supposed to do with this phone to get this to work and waht does it do for me again. This is my first smart phone and it is making me feel dumb.

Guest wildcatrider
I'm terribly "tech un-advanced", but I want to use the GPS on my phone. Can someone lead me to EXTREMELY detailed, step by step instructions on what to do with the hacks that are on this page and how to get them on my phone and make the setting changes on the phone. Sorry for the stupidity and thanks for your help.

Hey has anyone helped you with your problem yet because I am the same way and I need help. I feel stupid. I not sure what to do but I would like to use my GPS like a GPS and not have to pay extra for it. hell i pay enough for the phone and the regular service why should i have to pay more for the GPS capabilities of it when they are already on it. If someone has helped you please let them know about me. Thanks

Guest Faxxxy

Okay guys...

I am installing Garmin XT on my Blackjack 2 and everything seems to be going fine until I try and get the Unit ID.

My Unit ID returns a zero "0" every time..

I have rebooted the phone..

Rebooted the computer..

Re-installed Garmin XT..

Active sync sees the phone just fine.

I can go into mapsource and it sees the phone just fine and even tries to move maps to and from the phone, but for some reason I can't get a Unit ID..

Any suggestions?

Edited by Faxxxy

Guest jleemobile

I have downloaded the cab file to my samsung jack and when I run it, it says that the program does not have sufficent permissions to run the program.

I reset my device anyway but I don't see COM4 anywhere and none of my gps apps find the gps.

Guest SOCCERSTRIKER
Er, no.

P

Ok, I'm new to this

I installed the app.....now what???

I do not have a data plan....so does that prevent me from using this app?

Also, do I need to install anything else on my phone to get GPS?

Guest michiganmn50
Tried that. Kept saying "Initializing GPS...." for about a minute. Then "Ypur GPS receiver does not appear to be responding....."

****!!!!

I too have installed the program to activate it and it shows on remove programs that its there, but cant use windows live mobile gps, says trying to aquire signal and then reports it cant. any help with why its not working. I changed windows live to com4 and still nothing..

Guest earlmob

Big thanks to this forum and guys which working on those cracks.

I bought a new ATT BJ2 last week and went through all those problems described on this board. I have tried TomTom and Garmin but nothing worked.

Finally I made:

- several hard resets

- deleted my SD card

- installes the GPS activator

- restart the phone

- installed the GPSTest

- setup the COM Port to 4 , speed to 38xxx

- Run the GPSTest (and let it run all the time)

- installed my Garmin XT (NO RESTART)

- Run Garmin

- WORKING GREAT

Edited by earlmob

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.