Motorola Q9H (AT&T) GPS... ACTIVATED! [updated]

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest davea0288
I copied the settings.exe file to My Documents on my phone, and it comes up fine. But any setting I select and select Done, it errors out. I'm wondering if I need to install the entire Microsoft SDK onto the phone first.

Hi - I finding the same problem with my Q9h flashed to WM6.1 - Upon exit, the settings.exe file has error messages and doesn't update the registry.

Apparently the file is "Windows Mobile 6 SDK\Tools\GPS\settings.exe" and has a problem on my Q9h with WM 6.1

My external BLUETOOTH GPS works great with Google Maps, but not with Garmen XT.

Has anyone had success with getting an external Bluetooth GPS to work with Garmen XT in this environment. Tricks, tools, registry editing???

Thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...
Guest qwerty44
UPDATE: I installed gpstest so I can see whether or not GPS was even finding a sattellite. This is a GREAT program, you can see on your screen whether the GPS is finding satellites or not. If not, don't bother trying to get WLS or GM to connect to gps. Inside my office I wasn't able to get any GPS lock on, but once i stepped outside, or was in my car it worked perfectly. I tried it inside my house as well, and no dice. I would say you pretty much have to be outside, in a car or very near a window for the GPS to work.

I also did some testing with and without gpstest running, trying to get WLS to lock into a gps. I honestly didn't notice a big difference, perhaps it was a bit faster with GPStest running. I'll try it without gpstest for a week or so and see if it's required. Certainly if you can't connect to a gps sat, gpstest a good sanity check because you can see clear as day whether or not your mobile sees any sattelites.

As a side note, Google Maps ( the latest version ) now works WITHOUT gps to track my location on my Moto Q9h. It's not quite as accurate, but it's pretty damn close. This must be pretty recent because I tested this about a month ago and wasn't able to get it to work.

Using the COM3 CAB and with gps test both WLS running, my battery went from full to dead in about 6-8 hours, and thats with the extra big and heavy battery. I'll do some more testing here with gps test off and/or WLS off see if that helps. I suspect it will.

I was trying to install the COM5.EXE file from this thread on my new Q9H (WM 6.1) and it searches the satellites forever, in addition, I get a notification from the bluetuth that an external device is trying to connect every time that application starts the scan from COM1.

I've read in this thread that the EXE file wont work for WM 6.1, so..

I removed that one and installed the cab file COM5.cab, it seems installing but I don't find the application after the installation. The same results were with the COM3.cab.

Am I doing something wrong? Any advice?

Thanks

Guest sukhchain

dudz indian version has no inbuilt gps.it has only a-gps which run thru towers.....i'v also moto q9h n am frm india punjab...am 110% sure abt it...............if u wanna run a-gps u should install vertual gps app.

1. Install CAB file.

2. Activate Pro with "7928511", it will last forever.

VirtualGPS_SP_Setup.CAB

• 1 month later...
Guest uzuner

Hi all,

I am new in this forum, and I need hep.

I bought Motorola Moto Q 9h in USA at&t and bring it to Turkey. The problem is I can not activate the GPS.

I have downloaded and installed the Route 66 but it says Please be sure that your GPS receiver is open.

What should I do?

Guest Davidovich

Hello everybody, I'm new to the forum, this is my first post.

I currently have a Motorola Q, but a Q9h is in the mail.

Gladly it is from Rogers, which has the GPS enabled out of the box, using Telenav.

I do not plan on using telenav, but having an autonomous map database, not reliant on cellular connectivity, (so I can have GPS without cell service)

I currently use Memory Map Navigator on my Motorola Q, and looking at the settings for this application there is the ability to select the com port, from com0 to com 9, as well as GPD1 and GPS1.

This software might be useful to some who are having difficulty interfacing the GPS device to the software application installed on the q9h.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cmptrgreek

I loaded the cab and it hosed up my internet access on the phone. Which also denied my use of google maps, or the microsoft offering. I had to uninstall the cab inorder to get back to normal.

• 1 month later...
Guest Macdaddy3738

I Installed the COM3.cab activation on my phone and it worked, but now i cannot recieve calls or cannot to the 3G network. I uninstalled the COM3.cab and the GPS programs I was using but it has not returned to normal. Can anyone help please?

• 3 months later...
Guest jermin2

Just like to say thanks for the cab file. I recently brought a Q 9H.

Anyway, after much trial and error and much help from these forums, I finally got the gps working in this thing.

So, thanks! I'd almost given up hope that my device had gps

• 2 months later...

Someone can help me?

I just bought a Motorola Q9h, in Portugal and installed Google Maps.

The application is set to find automaticly a GPS, and when i start google maps he application just not find anything... my Q9h is a 3G device.

Edited by Migael

• 5 months later...
Guest romli

I live in Indonesia .. using a moto Q 9h (non-Global) -> upgrade to WM6.1 AT & T

then I installed Garmin Mobile XT and also Kamlex VirtualGPS, I get a GPS signal precision but very far from my position,, approximately 1km.

Whether this can be improved to better precision for the coordinates of my position?

Are there any other software so that I can get a gps signal on my moto Q?

(I've tried activator for COM5 / 3 but not successful)

please help .. thank you ..

Edited by romli

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.