SpeedUp my T-Mobile Shadow

Guest elfloj0

Guest aron7awol

I backed up the following files and replaced them with 0-byte duplicates:

\Windows\My5MsgCenter.exe

\Program Files\Voxmobili\Voxsync\SyncManager.exe

\Windows\SyncManager.exe

My5MsgCenter must start MyFavesService.exe, because after replacing it, MyFavesService didn't run.

The SyncManager in Program Files was running at startup, but after replacing it, the SyncManager in Windows started running at startup, so I replaced that one also. Interestingly, the 2 files are not identical, although I'm not sure what the difference is.

In preventing these files from starting up, it appears I've freed up close to 10MB of RAM.

Guest BoostL33k
I backed up the following files and replaced them with 0-byte duplicates:

\Windows\My5MsgCenter.exe

\Program Files\Voxmobili\Voxsync\SyncManager.exe

\Windows\SyncManager.exe

My5MsgCenter must start MyFavesService.exe, because after replacing it, MyFavesService didn't run.

The SyncManager in Program Files was running at startup, but after replacing it, the SyncManager in Windows started running at startup, so I replaced that one also. Interestingly, the 2 files are not identical, although I'm not sure what the difference is.

In preventing these files from starting up, it appears I've freed up close to 10MB of RAM.

I do not have the Myfavs plan at all, and do not see myself changing to it anytime in the near future. So does anyone know if I were to do this with all the files associated with Myfavs in the windows folder if it would have any adverse affect? Just trying to see if I can free up some memory on the phone.