v1615 vs XDA Steller vs Orange Tytn2

Guest crazyc

Guest hotphil

Yep, I definitely get a little 'tape' icon on the taskbar and a 'You have 1 new voicemail(s)' notification. Don't know if it's as a result of having turned off the SMS/callback thing (more of less first thing I did was disable these).

Guest gary.bannister

Vodafone now have a new voicemail service they are rolling out to all customers slowly.

You now get 4 options for voicemail delivery: Call, SMS, alert and Deliver or the Icon.

Yep, I definitely get a little 'tape' icon on the taskbar and a 'You have 1 new voicemail(s)' notification. Don't know if it's as a result of having turned off the SMS/callback thing (more of less first thing I did was disable these).

Hmm - it's not working for me (I've tested) - I just get the text message. How did you turn that off? I've just called 121 and been through the Voicemail menu, you can have text alert, alert and deliver (when it calls you up), or something called Voice alert which sounds like the same thing, but that's it - there's no option to turn anything off, you just have to pick one :(

EDIT: Re Gary's post, I guess they've not rolled this out to my account yet? Will have to be patient...

Edited by Boinng

Guest hotphil

I can't remember the options tbh. All I did was press the voicemail button the first time it told me I had one and went very carefully through all the options with the nice automated lady. It was a brand new Vodafone business account if that makes any odds. I have a colleague who has the 'ring every 0.5 seconds when you've got a voicemail' and it's intensely irritating being with him when that happens. It would drive me up the wall!

Guest Transform
Well bizarrely I got stop the clock 150 or something like that which is £25pm I also have some £3 extras pack and the £7.50 data pack.

I got the phone for .... £0 !

Tranform: Same place as you set the theme or I guess you can browse to the image and set it as your wallpaper? I think both ways will work. Oh and no need to edit - thats the same image and works great with the keyboard in or out!

thanks for your reply :(

i'll give that a try later

I can't remember the options tbh. All I did was press the voicemail button the first time it told me I had one and went very carefully through all the options with the nice automated lady. It was a brand new Vodafone business account if that makes any odds. I have a colleague who has the 'ring every 0.5 seconds when you've got a voicemail' and it's intensely irritating being with him when that happens. It would drive me up the wall!

Mine's a personal account dating back a few years (the V1615 was upgrade number two) - I guess I'm just stuck on the old system until someone ticks a box somewhere. That's ok. I don't mind getting the text instead.

I've worked in an open plan office with a few "alert and deliver" customers. I used to explain to them how easy it was to switch to the text, but of course none of them ever bothered, because by definition they were never there when they missed a call, so never knew what the problem was. It was only the rest of us that had to endure the never ending callback... Pure evil. I'm sure it's only the default because it guarantees Vodafone income - each call from Voicemail is charged as a call to Voicemail...

Edited by Boinng

Guest Electronic Punk
I turned off both the constant ringing and SMS on voicemail. It really is the most annoying thing ever. Do they not get it? - There's a *reason* I press End Call when I see who is ringing and send them to VM :(

I also find the Missed Call and Voicemail icons on the screen are sufficient to remind me that I have a VM.

Having trouble finding how to get the voicemail option.

I get 3 options

- Text message

- Alert and deliver, which seems to ring me.

- Voice alert, which seems to ring me!

Guest Electronic Punk

Ok signed up at Vodafone mail.

This immediately wiped my personal voice mail greeting but gave me the option of having the icon and recieving a text.

So I am half way there. I really don't need a text. I need to check to see if the mail message disappears once I have listened to the voicemail.

Interestingly if I logon to Vodafone mail and delete the email the voicemail is also deleted, so some potential for something cool there - could I one day listen to my personal voicemail from my pc if I couldn't before? (not checked)

Seems very much inbetween things at the moment.

I can ring 121 or 242 and go to the same Voicemail service, the voice quality of the automated operator seems poor.

My "VOICEMAIL" (not one for caps and it won't let me change it) goes to 121 but the texts tell me to go to 242 which is now cluttering my call log as an unknown number (and I won't add it to my contacts as voicemail as then it would appear on my messenger contact list thru various syncs.)

Hope they merge it into one cool service soon, the potential is there.

Guest Electronic Punk
I turned off both the constant ringing and SMS on voicemail. It really is the most annoying thing ever. Do they not get it? - There's a *reason* I press End Call when I see who is ringing and send them to VM :(

I also find the Missed Call and Voicemail icons on the screen are sufficient to remind me that I have a VM.

Just re-read, you turned off both texting and ringing? :D