Dual SHOCK - is this the best Windows Mobile device ever?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Doctor HRH
No, that's normal.

At first it bothered me - new handset replaced by second hand - but then if I'm getting a replacement with bugs ironed out then I'm probably better off.

Most of the time we wouldn't notice unless they told us so I don't think it's anything to get upset about.

Am I making sense ? :(

Yep, you're definitely making sense!

In fact, come to think of it, the P990i I've been using for 9 months or so was an Orange Care replacement - and was in perfect condition (til I dropped it and scratched the bugger!!).

It's been absolutely fine.

I suppose even if you got a dodgy replacement, it wouldn't matter cos you could just send it straight back again and get another one. That's what you pay them the money every month! :D

Guest bydandie
I'm sure you'll love it! My wife loves hers... expect the annoying a/c XT9 input 'feature' :(

P

C'mon Paul you can sort this in time for me to get my Touch Plus next weekend! :D

Guest Touch Screen Junkie

Well, my HTC Touch Dual's somewhere between Manchester and Bambury in a Royal Mail Special Delivery bag!! Sent it back due to the faulty screen, but not sure I'll be getting another one to be honest.

Back to using the old P990i. Amazing how much I took it for granted, but I've realised that it's actually a REALLY good phone. Buggy and slow at times, but overall, with its wifi, excellent predictive text and rather good 2MP camera, I think for now it's the best handset for me.

I've been thinking - whoever you are reading this - are you being honest with yourself about how good this handset really is? I know I was carried away on the tsunami of Touch Dual hype.

It's just not quite good enough - the lack of WIFI, the rubbish camera, the over-complicated input methods, and the TouchFLO feature - very funky but lacking any real practical usefulness, just a gimmick - all of these factors make it, in my humble opinion, definitely not a candidate for the best Windows Mobile device ever - not even close!

Yours with a slight feeling of sadness :D and a lot of disappointment,

Harvey

(the Student formerly known as Doctor HRH - what a cheek, daring to choose that name in the first place before I'd even finished my 1st year at Med School :) )

Edited by Touch Screen Junkie

Guest Touch Screen Junkie
Harvey

(the Student formerly known as Doctor HRH - what a cheek, daring to choose that name in the first place before I'd even finished my 1st year at Med School :D )

Thanks for changing my screen name (to Medical HRH) by the way Paul, but in the mean time, I received that annual newsletter thing from Modaco, reminding me that I was already registered as Touch Screen Junkie and that I hadn't been on the forum for a while! Do I have to choose which user name I want or can I, under these exceptional circumstances, keep both??? :)

Edited by Touch Screen Junkie

I've been thinking - whoever you are reading this - are you being honest with yourself about how good this handset really is? I know I was carried away on the tsunami of Touch Dual hype.

It's just not quite good enough - the lack of WIFI, the rubbish camera, the over-complicated input methods, and the TouchFLO feature - very funky but lacking any real practical usefulness, just a gimmick - all of these factors make it, in my humble opinion, definitely not a candidate for the best Windows Mobile device ever - not even close!

Yours with a slight feeling of sadness :) and a lot of disappointment,

I cannot help but agree - I had high hopes for this device after reading this thread - but it just didn't live up to them. OK, it's nice to look at, and it has some flashy features, but as far as the basics of sending and receiving messages and making calls go, it's no better than my old Qtek 8500! Now there's a device that deserves a successor...

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.