Kaiser on 3 Network

Guest therafiman

Guest brinstar

it might be the wrong place to ask this, but i have got the iskoot client working for skype, and now would also like to use the 3 network for the free Windows Live Messenger, which i know is possible on a skype phone. i did also get it working on my kaiser, but i don't remember which rom i used. i think i remember reading something about it depending on a certain Java version.

would it be possible to hack the registry to pass the native WLM client the correct connection settings and use that instead of the flaky Java version? that would be ideal, but if not i will have to get a rom with the correct java version and use the java WLM client.

Guest therafiman

The native WLM client works with three, without any registry hacks - I've used it lots of times. You're not forced to use the java version like in the past.

Guest brinstar
The native WLM client works with three, without any registry hacks - I've used it lots of times. You're not forced to use the java version like in the past.

what rom are you using, because my WLM is not connecting for some reason?? do i have to set up anything specially, apart from the initial connection setup. i am using BsB WM6.5 but im assuming WLM always connects the same way regardless of what version is used. iskoot definitely works though.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest brinstar

im not disputing what therafiman is saying but has anyone else got the native Windows Live Messenger app working on 3 (i.e. for free in the same way the Skype app works)? I have only so far managed to get the java client to connect *for free*, not sure why the native version isn't working.

Can anyone verify this?

• 1 month later...
Guest Jez83UK

The native WLM client partly works on three for me. I can't log-on on three, but if I log-on using a activesync or wifi connection, and then turn that connection off, the three 3g then starts up and WLM stays connected. This isn't a free connection though. Only the java version works for free for me.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Graham6846

Hi M8s particularly Therafiman & Secret Simon

Let me firstly say , What a brilliant job the pair of you are doing to get the Skype service working on Three with WM ,magnificent

I simply can NOT understand 3s great reluctance to give us a working program compatible with WM , all they are doing is antagonising customers ( Oh well enough of my gripes)

But I need Help as I am struggling?

I have 3 on monthly plus £5 bolt with my own unlocked Imate 8502 on WM 6.

I live on the border of a 3 area and sometimes connect to Orange so to seriously test I have to go a mile down the road.

I have installed onto my Phone “NETCFSetupv35.msi” then to see which is best for me I have both the "iSkootForSkype1.1.54_WMpro cab" file with the "iskoot mod" and also the "Skype_2.0.40_SEW910I_UK_Modified"

On the iSkoot version , using “test Call” the program phoned the Skype Services number via the actual telephone .

Connecting On Orange with what they say is 3 Edge services , should this call connect via the phone as I would have thought connection via data line’s.

With the Java version , when I try to use the Call testing service the program colour’s loose some of their intensity ( dull off-white) and the connection arrows go round & round & round 10+ mins , eventually I have to remove Batt and re-start

Any ideas with either of my concerns ?

Regards

graham