BJII - SGH-I617 - Samsung ver: i617ucgk2 - How to unlock - Methods

Guest venom760

Guest thelostsoul
i've tryed everythin on this page to a T, several times.. still no worky.. no matter which way i do it everytime i go back to the surrealappunlock it says it may not display properly since it was designed for a previous version.. wtf is up? a

Ignore the "designed for a previous version" messages. Those are warning because whoever packaged that installer didn't set it up properly for WM6. It still works unless you get another error.

In order to unlock the BJII on Fido simply run the SDA App unlocker on your PC (with your phone connect), reboot your phone. Then run the Surreal app unlock on your phone, ignoring any of the above mentioned warnings.

Guest bplease
Ignore the "designed for a previous version" messages. Those are warning because whoever packaged that installer didn't set it up properly for WM6. It still works unless you get another error.

In order to unlock the BJII on Fido simply run the SDA App unlocker on your PC (with your phone connect), reboot your phone. Then run the Surreal app unlock on your phone, ignoring any of the above mentioned warnings.

hmm ok i guess i missunderstood. i was thinkin that message would dissappear if it worked. so after the install you're not supposed to actually run it, its pretty much an auto fix? will that message still appear when you install other cab's, like the gps fix for example? srry in advance and thanks man

Guest thelostsoul
hmm ok i guess i missunderstood. i was thinkin that message would dissappear if it worked. so after the install you're not supposed to actually run it, its pretty much an auto fix? will that message still appear when you install other cab's, like the gps fix for example? srry in advance and thanks man

Right, it's a run once problem solved situation. And whether or not you see that message depends on what you install. In some cases, it's just because the developer messed up in packaging the cab. In other cases, it's a legitimate warning that the program was not made for WM6, and might have problems. It's safe to ignore in most cases though.

Guest BBBJ2

Hey everyone,

I just got a Fido-Branded BJII a few hours ago and I'm going to try unlocking it with the method discussed on the first page. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Thanks!

Guest BBBJ2

It unlocks the phone in terms of applications, but it doesn't unlock the phone in terms of carrier... so I can only use a Fido sim card in the phone, any way to bypass that?

Guest thelostsoul
It unlocks the phone in terms of applications, but it doesn't unlock the phone in terms of carrier... so I can only use a Fido sim card in the phone, any way to bypass that?

A sim unlock is a different story. I don't believe there has been a publicized method here, and I don't believer there is any free method available. But googling sim unlock for i617 might give you something....

• 2 months later...
Guest First88Rx7

I've screwed up my phone and deleted somethings i guess i shouldn't have. I had my phone unlocked so that i can use my t-mobile account with the BJII. My home screen says the layout i selected can not be loaded, Also none of my notifications are working, my ringtones, text messages and such. Just wondering if these unlocks will allow me to continue to use t-mobile or do i need to bring it in and have someone unlock it for me?

Thanks for all your help,

Dan

• 4 weeks later...
Guest WACOMalt

Hello there.

I just bought my BJII from AT&T a week ago.

I have tried each and every method of unlocking posted so far. I have also verified that the registry changes have stuck. I am on WM6 obviously. Yet every time I try to run any application that is not signed...I cant. :D

specifically I am trying to run PocketSNES...

question, how come the apps for unlocking the phone are able to run? are they signed some how? and if they are, why don't the programs that cant be run get signed?

Guest hagie92

WACOmalt,

I Have the same phone as you...from AT&T and everything! I just used SDA application unlock, and it worked fine for me! It may be a problem with PocketSNES, because I have PocketNester installed, and it works just fine!

ALSO, SIM UNLOCKS: Go to this website, http://www.i607.org/wiki/doku.php to the Unlocking part (towards the bottom) and enter the code given. YOU MUST CALL YOUR CARRIER TO GET THE SIM UNLOCK CODE FOR FREE.

(I called at&t and had to talk to them twice. I lied and told them I was going out of the country and I needed to use a different SIM. The first lady INSISTED I must first buy an International Plan, so I hung up, and tried again. The 2nd lady was really nice, and she gave it to me right away, I entered the code...and I presume my phone isn't locked to AT&T anymore, but haven't had a way to test it yet.

Hope it helps,

hagie92

• 1 month later...
Guest healeyg
thelostsoul, you are the man. Thank you so much.

It works now :D and this is what I've done:

I simply run http://www.gpcarreon.com/SDA_ApplicationUnlock.zip with the phone connected and it reported that it successfully unlocked the device.

Then I rebooted the phone.

Then I run http://mobile.surrealnetworks.com/SDA%20ap...ksAppUnlock.cab right away because I was curious to see if that would work and it did.

After that I installed bunch of other apps I wanted (GPSUnlocker, youtube FlashVideoBundle, etc.).

I did not have to manually change registry entries.

Thanks a lot,

When I try to use the SDA application unlock application, i get the message "Phone is not unlockable.". Why? I am trying to do this on the Samsung Ace ...