PointUI

Guest mattmcl1

i'd love it . . . . . . . . . . IF it worked.

it crashes my phone within 10 seconds of being loaded, and its a real pain in the arse to uninstall.

they say its come out of beta, with basic problems like that its not even out of alpha yet

Guest steveoidm

hasn't crashed mine yet either, seems pretty good. if in the future it does everything htc home does, works with 3rd party plugins and allows custom skins it could get really good.

At the moment I have it running and use it occasionally. Its one button press to get to the normal htc home screen so I switch between the two.

Edited by steveoidm

Guest OzzMosiz

It has crashed my phone a few times. What I don't like is, I can't seem to end programs without going into task manager. I want to be able to hold down the X or the _ as it appears on my phone to kill processes.

• 3 months later...
Guest k_o_t_s

i have a problem with this app and my i600.i have wide screen the app works fine but the screen is turn left at 90 degrees.i hope you understand what i am saying.my english is not very good

Guest David Mc0

I love this software - it's made windows mobile useable - the best interface i've tried on my Kaiser! It's fast, nice looking and uncluttered. The new version 1.51a seems to be the best so far (Installed it today).

It's a lot quicker to get to the programs you use frequently than with the HTC home screen (Which is limited to just a few programs), plus accessing the comms manager, config stuff, text messages is possible without changing home tabs. HTC Home is ok, but PointUI Home is far better.

Down sides are that there are a few bugs (With my Kaiser sometimes the touch screen does not work in favourites, so need to use D pad or arrows to select, plus sometimes it's hung and I've had to go back to HTC home to sort it).

I'm sure bug's will be ironed out, and new features added to keep this great program moving forward.

• 2 months later...
Guest Looby

I tried Point UI on a Vox E650 as there is now a dedicated Smartphone version. The interface is lovely particularly the sliding homescreen enabling the viewing of weather and calendar. It has real possibilities and is very attractive. The main issue was it was very power-hungry. I don't know if they use Sli-clock but that could be the reason. It would also be good if it returned to Point UI when exiting all Windows apps. To uninstall I had to remove in Add/Remove in Programs, manually remove the folder in Device Programs and maually remove the shortcut in the Windows folder. All in all not quite there yet but shows great possibilities :D

post-116892-1216892522_thumb.jpg

Edited by Looby

• 3 months later...
Guest edifish
hmm not good. I will stay clear of this for a while...

I have to point out (excuse the pun) that I've installed point ui twice, once on a blackjack 2 and now on my new Tilt, and both times it ate up my baterry and messed up my gps. With the blackjack, I couldn't get a satellite fix no matter what I tried while it was still installed. After uninstalling, i was able to get a fix but the signal was too weak to maintain connection if the hanset was anywhere except sitting on the dash with an open view to the sky. Before I installed it, I got full signal anywhere inside the car.

I ran into the same scenario with the Tilt. Formatting, hard resets, leaving the battery out overnight; nothing.

It's slick and looks like it might be worthwhile someday, but unless they address these issues, I must advise against using point ui home.