Cell + WiFi positioning from Navizon, plus make money on the move!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest deadphill
modaco group created on navizon.

Group name = modaco password = modaco

Any better now?

Still cant find/know what this means.... Anyone help?!!!

Phill

Guest squilla
Just hit the download link at the top of the Navizon page :D

P

Thanks Paul, I seemed to have originally bypassed it by just signing up online via your referal link, then there wasnt a download link anywhere I looked, so I googled it and it took me to the first bit. Im on track now, ive been having bad technology days the couple of days! :(

Guest tsutton
Still cant find/know what this means.... Anyone help?!!!

Log on to your account via their website

Click on Buddies/Groups

Click on Join Group

Type in the details.

taa daa! :(

Guest deadphill

ah ha thank you, now we will all know where each other are!!!

One other thing, apart from crashing every now and again, i dont seem to be able to get tracking enabled. Anyone know how to do this?

And seriously does anyone else get a white screen with a black box and back writing saying that its caused an error?

Phill

Guest demusss

Something you should all be aware of is that it displays your mobile number on the map. I think its getting this from the Navizon details.

Anthony

Guest Candidhat

I'm really loving this software - it's flattened my battery completely today. Time to start charging at work!

It did mess up completely when I tried to run Google Maps while it was logging, but I'm not sure whether it'll happen again.

I'm in an unmapped area so I've got a good chance of finding unique cells... Time for a long walk home!

Guest squilla

Thanks from me too!

One last really dim question is... Does anyone know which GPS setting I need to use for the inbuilt GPS in the Ameo? I presumed it was com4 but tried that with no luck.

Well thanks for this post, Navizon has kept me busy all day!

Guest MadMatt2002
Something you should all be aware of is that it displays your mobile number on the map. I think its getting this from the Navizon details.

Anthony

Which map - can't see it anywhere!

Thanks

Matthew

Guest Paul (MVP)

You know what would be really cool... some sort of MoDaCo administered 'clan'. So that we use a custom written clan client instead of Navizon's, and we can tell the client when we are travelling a route we've logged before (e.g. to work), and then it will download a random clan member's credentials from a central server and earn money for them instead. All helping each other earn basically, and still helping build great Navizon coverage of course!

Hmm... :(

P

Guest chucky.egg

LOL

Nice idea

From the maps it looks like you were only about 15 minutes from my office earlier! Small world.

Interested to see where mobile numbers are showing up on the maps - I can't see any anywhere, but that isn't something I want to hear!

Guest demusss
Which map - can't see it anywhere!

Thanks

Matthew

If you join a group such as the modaco one, and then on your mobile in map mode do Menu|buddies|list then Menu|Search All pick someone and then show on map. The map will show you their name, last updated and mobile number.

Paul is ok, it doesn't show his number.

Edited by demusss

Guest MadMatt2002

Just been looking at the Navizon stats.

Looks like theres a lot of people not making much, and a few making quite a bit.

I've got 500 points and this puts me at Your position: 118.

MWright and TSutton will both be above that, and its a worldwide list.

Perhaps the Cameraware modifications can help modaco make a serious impact!

Guest nycnerd
If (as your name suggests) you are in NYC, you should be able to earn very wel due to the volume of Cells and APs in metropolitan areas (like my short drive across London mentioned above)!

P

Yes. i live in NYC. I walked couple of blocks and logged around 600 Access points (in 10 min). I have to do some shopping this weekend. I will see how many points i can acquire.

Guest tsutton
I've got 500 points and this puts me at Your position: 118.

MWright and TSutton will both be above that, and its a worldwide list.

I'm at 56th at the moment.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Hmmmm, unfortunately the API for integration seems to not do quite what we want, although Navizon say they are going to change it soon. With that in mind, it's all plugged into CamerAware and working technically, just waiting for them to change the earning model for the API their end!

Basically, the API takes a username / password and application key, but when you sync only the application key owner earns at a rate of 1 point per item. Not good!

P

Guest squilla

Can anyone see me in the Modaco group, the names Squilla, I have tried loads to appear on there but seem unable to. Although when I look at my trail I can see 2 points that I have crossed (a very short trip last night). I am wondering if this is to do with not having my GPS light green on the dash board. I cant get my dashboard to stop saying 'Tracker Status: Disabled.

I wish Navizon was a bit more user friendly, im looking forward to it being built in to Camera Aware!

If someone has this thing sussed please could they write an instruction book!

Also I really want to get this thing going on my old XDA Exec with external GPS device but when I try to install it theres a message that says I need to install .NET 2, which I already have installed. (My partner drives for a living so it would be handy to give him my old phone for the day)

Sorry for all my questions!

Guest Paul (MVP)

Good news, i've been liaising with Navizon support, and it looks like they are going to tweak and release a new API version that should do exactly what I need... i.e. allow me to write apps that people can use to earn points with their own ID.

Schweet :D

I also have a couple of other Navizon based apps up my sleeve, a picture geotagger, an update to my traffic alert test program and more :(

P

Guest MadMatt2002
Good news, i've been liaising with Navizon support, and it looks like they are going to tweak and release a new API version that should do exactly what I need... i.e. allow me to write apps that people can use to earn points with their own ID.

Schweet :D

I also have a couple of other Navizon based apps up my sleeve, a picture geotagger, an update to my traffic alert test program and more :(

P

Thats good news. Sounds like they are a company eager to help. Did they give a timescale at all?

I didn't know if the buddies could be used at all with Cameraware - would be great when out and about with friends and family and you arrange to meet somewhere..... You get there first and wonder where they are! You phone them and they always say they're about 5 minutes away!

I guess that the Cameraware version may be able to be a bit smarter than the standard client? e.g. detect if the phone is charging - if so, then set everything to maximum logging and sensitivity etc. If not try and conserve battery power.

Has any looked at the route planning within the application?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.