Cell + WiFi positioning from Navizon, plus make money on the move!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

bribar, you need to download the GPSID config utility in the Smarpthone new section, and set up an 'intermediary port'. You can then connect to that.

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

Fozza, when you download by pointing your device at navizon.com you get 2 CABs, the developer certs, and the app itself. The reason for this is because the cell ID API is privileged, so the custom cert is needed.

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

Just had a mail from Navizon re: new API features i've been talking about to enable CamerAware integration and other fancy things... they say it should be ready in 1 to 2 days. Sweet!

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'm about to buy the Pro version (albeit using Navizon earnings). Is anyone else going to do the same? I figure it'll be nice for when i'm on a device that doesn't have GPS.

P

Fozza, when you download by pointing your device at navizon.com you get 2 CABs, the developer certs, and the app itself. The reason for this is because the cell ID API is privileged, so the custom cert is needed.

P

Could you PM me the the 2nd cab with the certificates please......

That would solve my problem

I'm about to buy the Pro version (albeit using Navizon earnings). Is anyone else going to do the same? I figure it'll be nice for when i'm on a device that doesn't have GPS.

P

I only really use my Kaiser so doubt I will be upgrading.. Let us know what it's like.

Guest mattyfiend

I was wondering, does anyone else not have free GPRS like me?

Basically, I wanted to log all my AP's etc then upload later when I get home or to work where there is a wireless network so I'm not getting charged for it. Unfortunatly it comes up with an error if I try to sync over wireless it said:

Conecting...

Requesting Download...

Oh ok, scrub all that, it just worked.

Plus, I use a SVP M700 and it doesn't seem to let you use your wireless while its logging cos it turns it off every 10 secs or so depending on your setting. So you have to stop Navicom if you want to connect to a wireless network (took me a couple of mnutes or swearing to figure that one out let me tell you)

PS I signed up with your referal Paul. I'm in Sheffield and there doesn't seem to be anyone else around here. SHould be some good pickings down in the city :(

Edited by mattyfiend

Guest Paul (MVP)

I was trying to check my stats from my device today, and it was a right PITA, so i've written a little script to check your stats in PIE.

If you hit:

http://donald.modaco.com/navizonstats.php?username=YOURUSERNAME&password=YOURPASSWORD
(obviously replacing the upper case bits with your navizon stats), you'll get a nice plain HTML report. If you get a blank page, your credentials are probably wrong :( Obviously, you're passing your deets thru a 3rd party script, but they are NOT being held at all, it's just a quick and dirty hack job I knocked up to make things easier. For purposes of disclosure, the source is pasted below. Enjoy :D P
<?php

$username=$_GET['username'];
$password=$_GET['password'];

$url = "http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAdmin/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fWebapps%2fUserAdmin%2frewards.aspx";

$session = curl_init();
curl_setopt ( $session, CURLOPT_URL, $url );
curl_setopt ( $session, CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR, '-');
curl_setopt ( $session, CURLOPT_HEADER, false );
curl_setopt ( $session, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1 );
curl_setopt ( $session, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
curl_setopt ( $session, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS,"txtUsername=$username&txtPassword=$password");
$result = curl_exec ( $session );

$url="http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAdmin/rewards.aspx";
curl_setopt ( $session, CURLOPT_URL, $url );
curl_setopt ( $session, CURLOPT_COOKIEJAR, '-');
$result = curl_exec ( $session );

curl_close( $session );

$result = stristr($result, '<table id="_ctl0_middleContent_Table2"');
$end = stristr($result,'</table>');
$result = str_replace($end, '</table>', $result);
$result = "<html><title>Navizon Stats</title><body>$result</body></html>";

echo($result);

?>[/code]

Guest Shadowfixeruk

Sorry stoopid new user question here...

Having just downloaded; referred Paul (and done my 1st sync.. - you should see points coming through soon Paul - please add me to adfree!) .. where can i see the number of points i have - can it be done on my kaiser or only online?

Cheers to the (no doubt) fast replies!

SF

Guest jimbouk

You can sync whenever you want as long as you leave the app running(albeit with positioning stopped. I closed it down and then tried to sync an hour later and the cupboard was bare...

Guest Shadowfixeruk
See post 159 which should help you out! :(

Thanks

Phill

Post 159... Thats on a different page ;-)

What i was really meaning was is there a way on my Vario III; in the application software - that you can view the your points; rather than going online to view...

But thanks for the quick posts ;-)

SF

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.