Cell + WiFi positioning from Navizon, plus make money on the move!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
You can sync whenever you want as long as you leave the app running(albeit with positioning stopped. I closed it down and then tried to sync an hour later and the cupboard was bare...

That's show's the sessions points, not any points waiting to upload IIRC (which I think are cached to disk).

P

Guest jimbouk

Bah humbug... my navizon must have crashed then. I restarted device and sync'd but my rewards didnt go up - and yes I had logged loads of new cells and ap's as - wait for it - I had been to Surrey.

Guest tjeerdoo

I installed this very nice app yesterday and did some driving around, I was able to sync and see my markers on the coverage page...

yesterday I could also click on rewards to see how many points I have but when I try to do this now I get an error page ;

Woops... looks like something went wrong. Try to go back and try again.

Are there people here having the same problems ? I'll try again tomorrow....

I installed this very nice app yesterday and did some driving around, I was able to sync and see my markers on the coverage page...

yesterday I could also click on rewards to see how many points I have but when I try to do this now I get an error page ;

Woops... looks like something went wrong. Try to go back and try again.

Are there people here having the same problems ? I'll try again tomorrow....

Confirmed I too am having the same problem

:(

Hopefully they will fix it soon

Guest tjeerdoo

euhmmmm, forget my post...it's working again :(

btw, this is really cool stuff, used it for about 15 minutes now and I allready have earned 600 points :D

thanx a lot modaco !

Edited by tjeerdoo

Guest Dangelica

I installed this morning and joined via Paul's link, joined the modaco group.

It picks up my phone with the green light. But for some reason it refuses to see my GPS.

I have a i617 I've had no problem with Google maps or live search they automatically find my gps.

This wants me to tell it where it is? I'm lost on this one.

Can anyone help me with the set up?

Guest zippyioa
I installed this morning and joined via Paul's link, joined the modaco group.

It picks up my phone with the green light. But for some reason it refuses to see my GPS.

I have a i617 I've had no problem with Google maps or live search they automatically find my gps.

This wants me to tell it where it is? I'm lost on this one.

Can anyone help me with the set up?

Hi Dangelica,

It might be because you have the wrong COM port assigned? I had this problem on my MDA Vario III when I first installed Navizon.

Click on Menu in the bottom right, then Options, then GPS (it is the first tab on the left hand side - you may need to scroll left to see it!)

Next to GPS: at the top is a list of COM ports which you need to select from to tell the software where to look.

Every device will be different but my Vario III is on COM4 (ActiveDevice). I have also selected Baud Rate: 115200 and ticked Auto Start.

If you don't get any joy with the first one you select, try the others that are listed.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Zippyioa

Edited by zippyioa

Guest Monolithix

Managed to pick up 1500 points on a 40 mile trip from Guildford to West London last night, it'll be interesting to see how many more i missed and pick up on the way back.

Is anyone else having issues with the update pushed down yesterday? It seems a little unstable on my device...

Guest Dangelica

Zippy..

Thanks for the advice. Have tried most in doing so trashed live and google lol. Went and read the help files at Navizon word for word step by step.

One setting I actually got a location then for some reason the next time I opened it couldn't get it.

Time for a trip to ATT and tell them the GPS is non functional..

Will let you know how it goes..

How did you get it to install on WM5 I have tried with my C600 the cab installs fine but when you boot it up it say it needs microsoft developers certificate and tries to download using IE. Then I get an error message saying IE can't access the page, page does not exsist or can not be displayed in this browser.

:)(

Fozza - Don't know if you're still having problems but this might help:

From the Navizon site in the section for "setup help" under Windows mobile http://www.navizon.com/setup_wm.htm:

2. If you have a Pocket PC skip this step.

If you have a Smartphone, you must follow those few steps before downloading Navizon:

1) Download this file

http://www.navizon.com/downloads/SdkCerts.cab

and run it on the device.

If the installation was successful, then proceed to the next step. If for some reasons it was unsuccessful then click here.

I did have problems like you and I used the "click here" link at the end of this section above.

Hope that works for you too!

Guest zippyioa
Zippy..

Thanks for the advice. Have tried most in doing so trashed live and google lol. Went and read the help files at Navizon word for word step by step.

One setting I actually got a location then for some reason the next time I opened it couldn't get it.

Time for a trip to ATT and tell them the GPS is non functional..

Will let you know how it goes..

Hi Dangelica,

Have you had GPS working before? If you had Live and Google working on GPS before installing Navizon maybe you should uninstall Navizon, restart your phone and see if GPS is working again. If it is your GPS is fine, so you could re-install Navizon and see what happens?

Keep me posted!

Zippyioa

Guest squilla

Well finally (after a few days rest of Navizon) I can finally see myself under the Modaco group, although I appear there twice somehow! I just have to clock up points now.

One thing I have done which others may find useful is I went to window/start up and deleted it from there so it doesnt start every time I soft reset my phone, it seems to be working ok now I have done that. Now I bet someone tells me there is a reason I should not have disabled it at start up :)

Seems im the only Modaco-er in the south west!

Edited by squilla

Guest zippyioa
Well finally (after a few days rest of Navizon) I can finally see myself under the Modaco group, although I appear there twice somehow! I just have to clock up points now.

One thing I have done which others may find useful is I went to window/start up and deleted it from there so it doesnt start every time I soft reset my phone, it seems to be working ok now I have done that. Now I bet someone tells me there is a reason I should not have disabled it at start up :)

Seems im the only Modaco-er in the south west!

I would have guessed that Navizon put it in startup to make sure you run it on a regular basis - there may be other reasons, but I expect that is as interesting as it gets!?

Zippyioa

Guest mwright

I think it puts it back when you run it :-(

Guest squilla
I think it puts it back when you run it :-(

Well I have soft reset and rerun the program, so far so good, its not booting up, thank god, it was bugging me like mad!

Roll on CameraAware!

Paul, will I be able to run CameraAware alongside Garmin XT Mobile?

Fozza - Don't know if you're still having problems but this might help:

From the Navizon site in the section for "setup help" under Windows mobile http://www.navizon.com/setup_wm.htm:

2. If you have a Pocket PC skip this step.

If you have a Smartphone, you must follow those few steps before downloading Navizon:

1) Download this file

http://www.navizon.com/downloads/SdkCerts.cab

and run it on the device.

If the installation was successful, then proceed to the next step. If for some reasons it was unsuccessful then click here.

I did have problems like you and I used the "click here" link at the end of this section above.

Hope that works for you too!

Worked a treat!!!

Thank you very much!

Thats phone number 3 onboard!

:)

Guest rikwebb

Well signed up via referal and tested on the following devices:

Nokia N95 - kills battery if a hour, but not before it freezes (takes about 2 mins to freeze, not that you can tell its happened)

XDA Graphite - Runs BUT if phone light comes on it kills GSM on the phone - need to untick scanning of memory. Also crashes frequently......

Vario 1 - Runs well, EVEN WITH NO SIM, clocking up points from the conservatory :)

S710 - holding on this one. dont want to cock it up - its used for work

Roll on the points!

Rik

Edited by rikwebb

Guest Dangelica
Have you had GPS working before? If you had Live and Google working on GPS before installing Navizon maybe you should uninstall Navizon, restart your phone and see if GPS is working again. If it is your GPS is fine, so you could re-install Navizon and see what happens?

GPS worked straight out of the box installed google at the ATT store, same for live search. I've uninstalled all of it hoping if I installed one at a time it would come back.

Didn't work. Was wondering if I should do a reset. Really want to Navizon lots of places where I'm at lots of points to find lol.

GPS settings are as follows and it used to work.

Program Port:

None

Hardware Port:

None

Hardware Port Baud Rate:

Manage Automatically checked

in Google I had let Windows control it.. in live I had auto as well.

EDIT: Soft reset and reinstalled google GPS now working. yay! Now on to the Navizon..

Edited by Dangelica

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.