Cell + WiFi positioning from Navizon, plus make money on the move!

Guest PaulOBrien

Have a look at GpsGate at http://franson.com/gpsgate/ Theres a 2 week free trial of which near the end they might send you an email with 20% discount (I got an email).

Tried gpsgate and couldn't get it to work - kept asking me to soft reset to install driver which I did but then it comes up with the same message after reset-any ideas-is the a registry tweak for spv m700.

Theonly way I got round it is to force navizon to use a BT gps and run all other progs. from the internal Gps - but that somewhat defeats the point of upgrading to inernal gps hardware

No SIM solution

I am running an unlocked old o2 ORBIT with no SIM and quite happily log all cell towers in UK( hence all the referrals Paul from WJAT123 that's me!). Recent weekend in France skiing proved beneficial agian picked up all networks

Amazed to find APs at 3000m ( see attaced piccy) Having a 2400mAh thick battery covered a day skiing and also let me log my routes with memory map at the same time.

post-61099-1202821573_thumb.jpg

Guest ingenious

The website of Navizon is very crappy, I cannot get much information and I'm too lazy to search the forums (damn php forums with primitive SQL searching :) ).

Anyhow, is there any benefit to buy the Pro version if the only thing I want to use Navizon is for gathering data => collecting points. I mean, is I have the Pro version can I collect more points?

I read something that the free version comes with a 15-day Pro trial and that only with the Pro version you're able to log wifi APs. Is that so? After 15 days I won't be able to log APs?

Guest Dangelica

Ok so I bought a real phone Kaiser now.. Bj II was ok but needed more. Lol Navizon works flawless racking up APs and cells.

Have 300 APs and it crashes says it needs to quit. Is anyone else with a Kaiser experiencing this? It's done it multiple times when trying to close the window or even the app. Anyone have an idea?

Hi All,

Has anyone confirmed yet that you can save any aps and cells you have collected abroad and sync when you get back to the UK even if you turn your phone off?

I am using the latest version of Cameraware to collect my points.

Edited by kjt57

Hi All,

Has anyone confirmed yet that you can save any aps and cells you have collected abroad and sync when you get back to the UK even if you turn your phone off?

I am using the latest version of Cameraware to collect my points.

Yes it does save your data OK.

I do this when I travel around Berlin at weekends and it does appear to work OK even after the phone's been switched off and on again a few times.

I've only lost points on one occasion, as far as I know, and that was at home when one of the Beta versions of CA3/Navizon went into a weird crashing loop and I gave up and re-installed it! (Hasn't done that again though).

Cheers,

BB

Guest Paul (MVP)

When you earn a reward on Navizon (with a non pro account) it now says:

"You can choose to redeem you reward or use it to upgrade to a Premium account ($20 instead of $24.99)."

Nice!

P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DarkWanderer

I'm having problems with Navizon & TomTom 5. I'm using an old Wizard with bluetooth gps. I can only get one app to run at a time. If Navizon is running TomTom reports "No GPS device" and similar happens it I run TomTom first. It seems they don't like to share the same com port. Any way around this?

I am running a XDA Dev WM6 Rom.

Is there any benefit to be had by tweaking the wifi scan interval in the registry on the Navizon app apart from watching the power drain down quicker?

p.s Paul, if you don't mind me asking what % of your points are from referrals or are you permanently in your car to rack up you no 1 spot?

My own break down of points to date is as follows

Wifi before 2008/01/24 16%

Cell towers before 2008/01/24 7%

Wifi discovered by you 29%

Cell towers discovered by you 23%

Wifi already mapped 12%

Cell towers already mapped 3%

Points from other users 10%

How does this compare to others?

Guest tsutton
Is there any benefit to be had by tweaking the wifi scan interval in the registry on the Navizon app apart from watching the power drain down quicker?

It picks up more WiFi location.

• 6 months later...
Guest itsnotmeeee
It picks up more WiFi location.

Hi guys,

I've been a Navizon user for sometime, but only this week started to use CamerAware.

Can you tell me the wifi scan interval in CamerAware?

In Navizon I had it set to 5 seconds, but I seem to be picking up less AP's with CamerAware.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest mattyfiend

I know this might have been asked before but I can't search through 24 pages of postings.

Has anyone else had trouble uninstalling Navizon. On my SVP M700 with Windows Mobile 5, I try and remove the program and all looks fine but then every time I restart the phone, I get an error saying it can't find the Navizon.exe file. Well duh! thats because I jsut uninstalled you.

Anyone else with similar problems? Any answers?

Guest itsnotmeeee
I know this might have been asked before but I can't search through 24 pages of postings.

Has anyone else had trouble uninstalling Navizon. On my SVP M700 with Windows Mobile 5, I try and remove the program and all looks fine but then every time I restart the phone, I get an error saying it can't find the Navizon.exe file. Well duh! thats because I jsut uninstalled you.

Check your startup folder, and remove Navizon from there aswell. It sometimes gets left behind.

I have just tried to install the latest trial version on my TyTNII which is running WM6.1.

When I try to run it I get an error "missingmethodexception" has anybody seen or even resolved this ?

Guest mattyfiend
Check your startup folder, and remove Navizon from there aswell. It sometimes gets left behind.

That got the little blighter. It's so obvious now I come to think about it. I would have checked there right away if it was my desktop machine but it just didn't occur to me on the phone.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Prof. Yaffle

I just signed up for this yesterday and have given it a go tonight on the way to a mates. Only a few miles but some cells (mostly listed as new) and stacks of WiFi points (again most new).

The point structure and payout is different now to in the very first post though. Now it's :-

WiFi AP discovered by you: 3 Points

Cell Tower discovered by you: 15 Points

Wifi already mapped: 1 Point

Cell tower already mapped: 2 Points

and the payout is $10 per 10,000 points.

And also, I'm not entirely convinced there is a cell tower in my front garden B) although I am going to check out that suspicious looking bush tomorrow B) I think the location is a bit off on that one as no one else in my village seems to be using Navizon.

Edited by Prof. Yaffle

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Takarin

So, I am trying to figure out if this Navizon program is actually working on my Verizon Omnia i910.

It installs fine after a soft reset. On the dashboard, there are 3 'lights': Phone, WiFi and GPS.

I never get a green light on 'Phone'. GPS is locked, so that is never on. WiFi goes from amber to green when the program activates the WiFi. It only stays on for about 1 second, and I don't think it's on long enough to actually find an AP...

Also - every time I try to sync with Navizon, I get "NullReferenceException"

Any help on this one?

Thanks.

Edit: Just found out Navizon doesn't support CDMA. Wish I had of read that before I spend the $10... live and learn.

Other listed issues still valid.

Edited by Takarin

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.