CamerAware BETA aka 'CamerAware <hearts> Navizon'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

3.080126 uploaded, should be less liable to closing without warning, and has tweaked auto-night code.

Available in first post of via online update.

P

Guest wizgnome
Ive removed WMWifiRouter, which causes all sorts of oddness on my TyTN II, and it seems to be much better since. I shall keep you advised if it happens again.

I found that my S710 would not scan access points when the WMWiFiRouter device to device connection was active.

I got it to work by selecting "Only access points" in the Networks to access setting of the WiFi settings.

Then if I want to use the router I change the setting to "Only device-to-device" and it works fine.

Guest Monolithix

I was getting the random closing issue yesterday too :/ Updated through the app last night so will try it again when i next go out and see how it goes :)

Guest petec500

Just for the record, i managed to run CA3 at the same time as TomTom Navigator 6 on my Touch last night - no problems - both using the same external BT GPS. So, i could clock up points in the background whilst running TT.

3.080126 appears to have fixed the random app closing problem for me, but I've just had it crash again with exactly the same error output as in my previous post 190 in this thread.

Guest WearTheFoxHat
3.080126 appears to have fixed the random app closing problem for me, but I've just had it crash again with exactly the same error output as in my previous post 190 in this thread.

yup same here. dissappearing app hasgone. it now just crashes. soft reset a few times and still the same. Im out at the moment andy typing on the tytn 2, but will ceck error message next time.

Guest Paul (MVP)
Vario II WM6.

We're in luck, it's still on the screen (should of checked before previous post). I've split it into 3 screen dumps below:-

post-201977-1201199187_thumb.jpgpost-201977-1201199202_thumb.jpgpost-201977-1201199215_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps.

So far as I can work out from that screenshot, this seems to be an error that is firing in the Navizon API, not being handled, and therefore being passed back down to CamerAware and going boom :)

The solution is probably for me to trap this in CamerAware, and then try and resume or restart the Navizon API. Is it happening under particular conditions have you seen? I've not had it personally (despite covering a fair few miles), so it's hard to diagnose.

The Navizon code is obfuscated (hence the weird method names), which unfortunately makes it even more difficult for me to trace what's going on.

P

Guest WearTheFoxHat

I thought that it happened when the car came to a standstill, but after some testing it seems to be a totally random event. Start it up, ask it to connect, and then it dies ... it can be immediately, or it can be anytime later.

If you want to do a special release with lots of debugging code in it, then Id be more than happy to run that for you.

Guest squilla

My screen froze today a couple of times and I had to reboot (running 126).

For me it was ok when in the house, when I went outside with it it froze after connecting, it seemed to be when it was booting up my GPS (it worked fine before on other versions). When I came back inside it seemed to freeze when it was trying to kick in my wifi. I cant get the program to load without freezing at all now.

Just a thought but for me it started off when it was trying to find GPS and then again loading wifi. Dont know if this helps your research at all.

Guest dr_nick

upgraded to 126 wthout ay trouble, and was running fine yesterday, but today i have not been able to upload any points to navizon, furthermore the whole lot crashes and quits ca3 seemingly losing all my points :) this seems to hav started (though it may be coincidence) after i tried the auto sync option in settings, which synched only once. but i have now turned it off and it wont work manually either

hae checked that navizon website is working ok, and been able to check my stats using paul's hand webscript, but no joy uploading points :D

paul - earlier you replied you didn't know if ca remembered the nonuploaded points for later upload after closing... are they not stored in a logfile somewhere for later syncing with navizon site?

sorry for long post (am bored on train!)

dr_nick

Guest tsutton

CA3 crashes for me, here are the error messages below. The funny thing is... when I have that error message, other instance of CA3 was running and is syncing okay. But no "Disconnect" and "Options" button. According to Running Programs, one is titled "Cameraware" and another one titled as "Cameraware (3.080126)"

And also, if you look at my previous journeys, the GPS is al, weird... , i.e.

http://tracker.modaco.com/index.php?mid=10...amp;jid=9249045

http://tracker.modaco.com/index.php?mid=10...amp;jid=9290838

post-104092-1201452472_thumb.jpgpost-104092-1201452476_thumb.jpg

post-104092-1201452480_thumb.jpg

Hi All,

I am also having CamerAware crashes mine are similar Errors to What Program are you using to show the Display from Pocket PC?

Many Thanks for any Information

Guest dr_nick

i get the same formatexception error message as tsutton, but also not clever enough to screen capture it, and it wont let my copy/paste the text...

just tried it again without success, though, again, i think an autosync might have been successful...

FYI can just about get gps reception oln train, but you have to be in the right spot... :)

Guest squilla
Hi All,

I am also having CamerAware crashes mine are similar Errors to What Program are you using to show the Display from Pocket PC?

Many Thanks for any Information

Hi,

I use Resco screen capture.

This is one of the errors I am getting after about 1/2 Mins after I say Connect. and the GPS is Connected to Bluetooth OK.

post-129355-1201459311.jpgpost-129355-1201459248.jpg

Edited by M1DUL

Guest Paul (MVP)

Does this still happen if you uncheck the 'Navizon Enabled' setting?

P

My screen froze today a couple of times and I had to reboot (running 126).

For me it was ok when in the house, when I went outside with it it froze after connecting, it seemed to be when it was booting up my GPS (it worked fine before on other versions). When I came back inside it seemed to freeze when it was trying to kick in my wifi. I cant get the program to load without freezing at all now.

Just a thought but for me it started off when it was trying to find GPS and then again loading wifi. Dont know if this helps your research at all.

Guest Paul (MVP)
paul - earlier you replied you didn't know if ca remembered the nonuploaded points for later upload after closing... are they not stored in a logfile somewhere for later syncing with navizon site?

Well, this bit is handled by Navizon, theoretically I imagine it should as it does on their client, but it's beyond my control.

P

Guest Paul (MVP)
CA3 crashes for me, here are the error messages below. The funny thing is... when I have that error message, other instance of CA3 was running and is syncing okay. But no "Disconnect" and "Options" button. According to Running Programs, one is titled "Cameraware" and another one titled as "Cameraware (3.080126)"

And also, if you look at my previous journeys, the GPS is al, weird... , i.e.

http://tracker.modaco.com/index.php?mid=10...amp;jid=9249045

http://tracker.modaco.com/index.php?mid=10...amp;jid=9290838

post-104092-1201452472_thumb.jpgpost-104092-1201452476_thumb.jpg

post-104092-1201452480_thumb.jpg

This looks like a crash in the Navizon library... i'm looking into it.

re: your journeys - odd! Looks like something that would be caused by a bad GPS fix, but that doesn't really make sense in this instance, also investigating :)

P

Guest squilla
Does this still happen if you uncheck the 'Navizon Enabled' setting?

P

Oddly its working again, maybe thats because im back inside <_< , it seems to work fine inside apart from that 1 time.

Guest Paul (MVP)
What's that?

"Waiting Syncfullsilos" ?

It's frozen at the moment.

It's syncing your outstanding positions to the upload server, and waiting for it to return OK, which it looks like it isn't.

Another one for the list - the joy of Beta :)

New build hopefully tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday morning to try and iron out a few of these oddities!

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.