CamerAware BETA aka 'CamerAware <hearts> Navizon'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dr_nick
I'm probably gonna prep a special debug build for a few of you that are having consistently reproducable issues...

P

willingly put a bugged version on my tytnII...!

QUOTE(dr_nick @ Jan 27 2008, 16:31)

paul - earlier you replied you didn't know if ca remembered the nonuploaded points for later upload after closing... are they not stored in a logfile somewhere for later syncing with navizon site?

Well, this bit is handled by Navizon, theoretically I imagine it should as it does on their client, but it's beyond my control.

P

but i don't even have the original navizon software enables, so how does it handle the temprary files (between uploads) without this?

my simple mind cannot fathom this :)

dr_nick

Guest tsutton
I'm probably gonna prep a special debug build for a few of you that are having consistently reproducable issues...

Good idea, would make tracking down the issue easier for you!

Guest Paul (MVP)
but i don't even have the original navizon software enables, so how does it handle the temprary files (between uploads) without this?

CA3 with Navizon is CamerAware plugged into the 'Navizon API', which is effectively an install of Navizon but with my UI instead of theirs. Make sense?

P

Guest Paul (MVP)
Good idea, would make tracking down the issue easier for you!

Just putting in online crash reporting (it emails me the error and stack trace as soon as a crash happens), then i'll send you the special version :)

P

Guest WearTheFoxHat
Just putting in online crash reporting (it emails me the error and stack trace as soon as a crash happens), then i'll send you the special version :)

P

feel free to send it to me if you wish. i'm happy to run it for you, in the interest of furthering this app.

Happy to try too if you need more testers.

Interestingly, today after getting my 'usual' crash as per previous screen dumps, I tried the original Nazizon client. That crashed too after about 1 minute of logging. The error screen was only about 1 page of text though, and I couldn't keep a copy (sorry). Tried Navizon client again and it was stable up until I tried to sync, when it failed. Do you think something may have changed server-side that is throwing up these issues?

Lee

Guest MadMatt2002

Everytime I try to run CA3 beta, i get..

If I reboot, reinstall, reboot, then run, sometimes it'll let it run once.

Then its back to the same error!

Screen.bmp

Will clear the registry and retry....

Well, my points from Thursday never did show up on Navizon's site. I ran CA one the way back to my house too (was in Wellingborough for the day, niiice) and they've not appeared either.

Will try the latest version and see if that helps.

Guest wizgnome

Been running 3.080126 over the weekend on my S710 with no major problems. I did manage to crash it, by starting it up whilst connected to my home wifi connection. If I start it up with WiFi disconnected then it appears to perform without any noticable errors.

I will let you know if I get a problem.

Guest tsutton
my gps is on Com0 but i cant seem to select this via the menus - all my other GPS apps use this fine - am i doing something wrong ?.

What phone?

Using bluetooth GPS or built in?

Guest Paul (MVP)

Many thanks to those guys i've been chatting to on Palringo and are running the online-error-reporting build, should help us iron out those few niggles in no time :)

P

Guest MadMatt2002
MadMat2002, that's a useful screen dump, I should be able to narrow down the cause from that :)

P

Not sure if Paul is being sarcastic here! But can someone give me a clue how to embed an image in a forum post?

Thanks

Matthew

Guest Paul (MVP)
Not sure if Paul is being sarcastic here! But can someone give me a clue how to embed an image in a forum post?

Thanks

Matthew

No, that was completely sincere!

P

P

Happy to try too if you need more testers.

Guest Paul (MVP)

First post and online update version updated to 3.080128. This should resolve the majority of issues people have been having, thank you testers!

Other changes:

- total stays on screen all the time when using Navizon (thanks tsutton)

- changes to auto-night code

- other minor fixes / enhancements

If you install the update and still have a reproducable error occuring, please PM me for a debug build.

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.