CamerAware BETA aka 'CamerAware <hearts> Navizon'

Guest PaulOBrien

What phone?

Using bluetooth GPS or built in?

Its a Kaiser - and yet i mucked about with the GPS setting and set it to COM0 - ive installed too much for a hard reset. adding com0 to CA would be great.

many thanks

And the GPS actually works on COM0? :)

I'll add the option in the next build.

P

strangely enough yes - after ive kicked it into touch by loading another GPS program. Its not the best procedure but works. Sometime i need to bite the bullet and hard reset.

Guest WearTheFoxHat
Was that about when the sun was coming up? :)

P

Yeah ... was about right. Was just getting light enough! Although I was still half asleep!!!

Next mod will be plugging the navigation in to drive the car while I snooze ;-)

Guest NuShrike
Theoretically yes, but which time zone are you in? I'll check it out.
GMT-8

@ 9am here, it insisted on night-mode still. Now at 2pm, it doesn't auto-switch to night mode (yes I connect first).

Too bad using the camera for light-sensing doesn't really work.

Edited by NuShrike

v3.080128

I've had another hang-on-exit today.

At the end of my trip to work, I hit disconnect. The WiFi has turned off and the display is showing '08:08 - SYNC COMPLETE' but I still have the spinning please wait after 15 mins.

So, I've clicked the 'X' and I get back to my home screen. Looking in the Running Programs List, I can see CamerAware is still running. Clicking 'Activate' does not bring it to the forground, but instead shows the spinning please wait again. Clicking 'Stop' brings up the warning 'This program is not responding...' giving me the option to End Task or Cancel. Choosing 'End Task' does kill it off from the Running Programs List.

It's a short trip to work for me, but I did notice that after the first 10mins the auto-sync failed, although I could have been out of coverage at that precise moment. Just mentioning, in case it's relevant.

Guest WearTheFoxHat
v3.080128

I've had another hang-on-exit today.

At the end of my trip to work, I hit disconnect. The WiFi has turned off and the display is showing '08:08 - SYNC COMPLETE' but I still have the spinning please wait after 15 mins.

So, I've clicked the 'X' and I get back to my home screen. Looking in the Running Programs List, I can see CamerAware is still running. Clicking 'Activate' does not bring it to the forground, but instead shows the spinning please wait again. Clicking 'Stop' brings up the warning 'This program is not responding...' giving me the option to End Task or Cancel. Choosing 'End Task' does kill it off from the Running Programs List.

It's a short trip to work for me, but I did notice that after the first 10mins the auto-sync failed, although I could have been out of coverage at that precise moment. Just mentioning, in case it's relevant.

Yeah I got that too.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Version 3.080130 uploaded to online update and first post.

Changes:

- Autonight UI tweaked as requested :)

- Adjustments to shutdown code

- New debug menu, to show detected sunrise / sunset times. ONLY USE WHEN GPS HAS A FIX OR IT'LL CRASH THE APP!

Enjoy :D

P

Hi Paul,

I am still having problem's with Comports on my Orange SPV M5000 PDA even with this Update you did today.

I am not getting any Errors when I say Connect on the PDA

I am using a TomTom MK2 GPS and after about 5 Min's it turns of meaning it is not being used.

1, In GPS Settings I have got GPS program Port 4 set

2 In GPS Hardware I have got Com 2 set

3, Baud Rate 9600 set

4, in Access I have got Manage GPS automatically ticked

In CamerAware I have Com4 set and Baud rate 9600

I wonder if I am doing something wrong if I am please can you tell me what I have set up wrong.

It is not the GPS because it is working OK on TomTom and Navizon programs

Many Thanks for any Information

Regards

Mike

Guest Paul (MVP)

Which COM port have you set up as the outgoing bluetooth COM port? That is what you should set the hardware port as in the Settings -> External GPS config.

P

Paul,

To confirm my findings on question that seems to crop up a lot here -

CA3 DOES store all APs and Cells logged when the software crashes, device is soft reset, etc.

I've just returned from a long weekend in Berlin and didn't manage to upload any data for over 4 days (see point two below) I had numerous times when trying to exit when I got the "wheel" stuck for ages and had to soft reset the phone. The hanging on exit didn't follow any pattern, unfortunately, it seemed to happen pretty randomly perhaps about 20% of the time. I'll install v30 of CA3 tonight and try it tomorrow. The GOOD news is that I've just got my data connection back with Vodafone and synced and got about 6000 points :D BUT.....

Secondly a question - does CA3 support using Wi-Fi as it's data connection? I mentioned a while ago that I used my home WLAN connection rather than my PAYG data to save money and up until recently I have, using Wi-Fi, both downloaded updates to CA and synced the Navizon data from CA. Only trouble is it seems to have stopped working :) (Browsing with Wi-Fi on my device still works fine).

Cheers,

BB

Guest Paul (MVP)

CA3 will use any data connection that's there be it GPRS, 3G, WiFi or ActiveSync'd via your PC :) There is no config for that in the app per se, it just 'tries to get out on the internet', and if there's a connection, uses it!

re: the hanging on exit, should be a LOT better in the newest build!

P

Which COM port have you set up as the outgoing bluetooth COM port? That is what you should set the hardware port as in the Settings -> External GPS config.

P

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the Reply I have the outgoing bluetooth port set to com 4 and I have now set the Program port as in the Settings -> External GPS config. to com 3 and now set up CamerAware to use com 4 And now it is working now.

Thanks for your help Paul.

I have Edited Because the Program comes up with an Error it says Index Out Of Range Exception. Juts before that it was saying Waiting for GPS so that problem I had quite a few post back is still there.

When I made the connection it was working fine and it was showing APS 1 so it is getting the info from the GPS.

Many Thanks for any More Help Paul or anyone else

Regards

Mike

Edited by M1DUL

- Autonight UI tweaked as requested :)

Thanks, and it works fine.

- Adjustments to shutdown code

Didn't crash today, so looking promising :D. However, it did leave the WiFi on once after exit. That might have been me though, so I'll try and pin it down tomorrow and let you know.

Lee

Guest wizgnome

Ran CamerAware.3.080130.CAB today (after updating the rom on my HTC S710 and reloading all the software yesterday) and the autonight seems to switch ok, plus I did not get the hang on disconnect.

I will keep testing :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.