CamerAware BETA aka 'CamerAware <hearts> Navizon'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest petec500

I've updated my CA3 to the latest version this morning, but on two trips out today, i found that it had closed down when running TTN6 at the same time. Now i cant be 100% on this, but i'm sure this didn't happen before - i ran CA3 in the background, happily clocking up points, whilst TTN6 got me to where i was going. At the end of my journey, i'd close down TTN6, then could access CA3 to sync my points. Today, i started CA3 and got that running first, then ran TTN6, but when i closed down TTN6, CA3 wasn't running any more - nowhere to be seen.

Could this be due to something in the latest version of CA3? If so, can it be fixed, or is it possible to go back to the earlier version as i often need to run the two applications at the same time?

Guest Paul (MVP)

So the current situation is that CA3 is in effective feature lockdown while I work on the code QA. I will be issuing occasional builds to testers to diagnose and fix individual problems, but aside from that there won't be regular daily-ish releases at this point.

I will be looking at the overall stability and coexistence with TomTom (which has already been flagged) and petec500, i'll make sure you get one of the limited-release debug builds later this week.

The next public release will be a 'Release Candidate'.

P

Guest NuShrike
I will be looking at the overall stability and coexistence with TomTom (which has already been flagged) and petec500, i'll make sure you get one of the limited-release debug builds later this week.
Okay, just to note then that CA3 doesn't seem to get along with my Garmin Mobile XT. I would run CA3, and then run GMXT and either the whole phone would freeze up (small % of the time), or Garmin complains it can't find the GPS. At the same time now GPS is foobared for CA3 and everybody else like GPS Test and Visual GPSce. This is when Garmin is set to com4 or GPS Intermediate Driver. There's no way to set bps with Garmin.

Strangely, CA3 does get along with Google Maps. In fact, after the GPS locks up running GMXT, or running CA3 after GMXT, I think I've found that Gmaps can still reset the GPS and get it working again, or it's just the My Location magic. Need to test more, but it gets really, really frustrating when I need it on a drive with no time to wait for a flaky GPS.

However, I just jacked up External GPS bps setting to 9600 and now CA3 and GMXT coexist. :)

Edited by NuShrike

Paul,

Just to let you know - I've been running CA3...0130 since you posted it and on both my imate SP5 and my Hermes, it all seems to run pretty smoothly now but the "Auto Night Mode" doesn't work.

If I click on "Auto Night Mode" it does switch to the correct display setting for the current time but it never retains the "Auto" function or switches automatically again until I select it manually in the menu.

Is a tick meant to be displayed next to the "Auto" menu item once it's been selected? I guess it should "Toggle" on/off. (It doesn't) :)

BB

Edited by bribar

Guest mwright
I have it set to 1 in the new build, it picks up a LOT more APs :)

P

I was having a play with this myself.

I found that with any value less than 5 (5 is OK) I could never get the sync to work. In fact any attempt to use the internet (PIE, Email, CA3 syncs of any sort) failed completely.

Guest mwright
Paul,

Just to let you know - I've been running CA3...0130 since you posted it and on both my imate SP5 and my Hermes, it all seems to run pretty smoothly now but the "Auto Night Mode" doesn't work.

If I click on "Auto Night Mode" it does switch to the correct display setting for the current time but it never retains the "Auto" function or switches automatically again until I select it manually in the menu.

Is a tick meant to be displayed next to the "Auto" menu item once it's been selected? I guess it should "Toggle" on/off. (It doesn't) :)

BB

Hoorah!

Glad it is not just me.

See Paul - there is someone else with the same problem!

Guest MadMatt2002
Hoorah!

Glad it is not just me.

See Paul - there is someone else with the same problem!

Mike - I get the same problem here -have to keep setting it back to Auto!

Thanks

Matthew

Guest NuShrike
I have it set to 1 in the new build, it picks up a LOT more APs
Okay, in build 204, it actually corrupts the ScanInterval registry entry by setting a REG_SZ 1 into the registry instead of a REG_DWORD 1 when you hit connect. It then switches it back to a REG_SZ 20 when you disconnect.

BTW, from http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa916274.aspx, there's another regkey for the official location of ScanInterval, but I don't see it on my Kaiser.

Edited by NuShrike

Guest GordonTGopher

Is anybody having problems with bluetooth car kits?

I've got a kaiser and am using the internal GPS

If I run CA3 but disconnected from the GPS my parrot carkit works fine. As soon as I connect to the GPS, any attempt to use the car kit puts it into an error mode.

CA3 is pointing to COM4 which is the configured GPS program port.

Have I missed something or is CA3 hogging bluetooth even when it doesn't need it?

Cheers,

Gordon

Guest GordonTGopher
Unless you have 'auto turn on BT' checked in Expert, it does nothing with BT!

P

Thanks, thought as much, it just seems strange that connecting to the GPS stops the car kit from working - I'll do some more playing around with it this weekend and see if I can sort it.

Guest petec500

I've just downloaded CA3 to my Qtek8310 primarily to use the Navizon facility and although the application runs, when i hit "connect", it just bombs out back to the homescreen or whatever was running previously, e.g. comm manager screen.

If i disable Navizon from the menu and hit "connect", it finds my BT GPS and reports my speed/direction correctly.

I've been using Navizon on this mobile for a few weeks recently, but wanted to use CA3 purely so i wouldn't have to turn on/off Bluetooth and Wifi every time i started/stopped the application.

Any ideas?

Guest petec500

I've had a bit more of a play with this. Thing is, i did a complete storage memory wipe before installing CA3, so all my settings were erased. So, i restored my GPRS settings and got that going. Then i installed Navizon again and realised the cert cab wouldn't run due to insufficient permissions or something, so i had to application unlock the phone again, which then allowed me to run the Navizon cert cab, then the Navizon application, which is running fine again.

However, CA3 still bombs out as soon as i "connect" with Navizon enabled. CA3 works fine and connects etc. if Navizon is disabled.

I've had a bit more of a play with this. Thing is, i did a complete storage memory wipe before installing CA3, so all my settings were erased. So, i restored my GPRS settings and got that going. Then i installed Navizon again and realised the cert cab wouldn't run due to insufficient permissions or something, so i had to application unlock the phone again, which then allowed me to run the Navizon cert cab, then the Navizon application, which is running fine again.

However, CA3 still bombs out as soon as i "connect" with Navizon enabled. CA3 works fine and connects etc. if Navizon is disabled.

Hi petec500,

You are not the only one with that problem I am having the same problem as you aswell. Mine does it after a couple of Mins after it has Connected to the GPS.

I am using a Orange SPV M5000 on the lastes Bulid from Orange on WM5.

Are you using WM5 petec500?

Yes - this is on my old Qtek8310 running WM5. I was thinking about flashing it up to WM6, so perhaps I'll give that a go now.

Hi petec500,

Thanks for the reply about that you are using WM5 as well. Please can you PM me if it works OK on WM6 because I am thinking of doing the same.

Guest cheshire_carper

Hi Paul

I got CameraNavizon edition running well yesterday. Many thanks.

Could you tell me if I am able to run a satnav prog at the same time as Cameraware beta? I would like to scan for Navizon points AND navigate to a trip to York next week. Is this possible or will all heck break lose and I will create a third world debt due to api conflicts.

Guest squilla
Hi Paul

I got CameraNavizon edition running well yesterday. Many thanks.

Could you tell me if I am able to run a satnav prog at the same time as Cameraware beta? I would like to scan for Navizon points AND navigate to a trip to York next week. Is this possible or will all heck break lose and I will create a third world debt due to api conflicts.

I am running Garmin mobile XT on my phone with CA3, personally I can only get CA3 to recognise my GPS when Garmin is running too. So I have no problems running both, it probably depends on your phones memory, Im on the Ameo and it doesnt crash too often.

Paul, on the point of the above problem I cant run v130 at all not with my GPS issue above, it tries to find my GPS and freezes until soft reset. I went back to v124 on a trip today that ran fine as long as Garmin was on too.

Guest Paul (MVP)

The current build is a bit memory hungry and does odd things alongside satnav, once the code QA is finished and the RC surfaces, then things will coexist a lot happier :)

P

Hi petec500,

Thanks for the reply about that you are using WM5 as well. Please can you PM me if it works OK on WM6 because I am thinking of doing the same.

Hey M1DUL and petec500,

Just thought I'd let you know that it probably isn't a WM5 problem.

I'm running CA3 and Navizon successfully on my imate SP5 with WM5 - I think it might be the same handset as the Qtek 8310 you are talking about.

Also FYI - I use GPSGate 2.6 on my Hermes which I upgraded to WM6 and this runs perfectly with an old Orange SPV C600 with WM5 sharing the GPS over Bluetooth and running Navizon with no problems.

Only problem is when I connect the imate SP5 to the Bluetooth "server" on the Hermes it seems to crash the GPSGate software's connection to the Bluetooth GPS receiver after a while of working OK (Wierd) :)

So I use a seperate Bluetooth GPS receiver just for the SP5 and have it setup with the Bluetooth GPS unit on COM7 outgoing port in the WM5 Comm Manager and using the WM GPSID add-on, which is discussed elsewhere on Modaco, to use "Hardware" port 7 and "Program" Port 6. Then just set the CA3 and Navizon programs to both use COM Port 6 and Bob's your uncle! :D

Oh and also, another minor problem is that if either Navizon or Cameraware 3 lose their connection to the GPS, then I try to exit, they seem to lock up and I have to soft reset. (This appears to be a Navizon problem because it happens on all three systems)

Never mind - the points keep on stacking up so I'm not complaining too much :D

BB

It sounds like you may not be using the GPSID to set up a "Virtual" COM port. I'm sure that was happening to mine before I found out that you need to use GPSID.

BB

Hey M1DUL and petec500,

Just thought I'd let you know that it probably isn't a WM5 problem.

I'm running CA3 and Navizon successfully on my imate SP5 with WM5 - I think it might be the same handset as the Qtek 8310 you are talking about.

Also FYI - I use GPSGate 2.6 on my Hermes which I upgraded to WM6 and this runs perfectly with an old Orange SPV C600 with WM5 sharing the GPS over Bluetooth and running Navizon with no problems.

Only problem is when I connect the imate SP5 to the Bluetooth "server" on the Hermes it seems to crash the GPSGate software's connection to the Bluetooth GPS receiver after a while of working OK (Wierd) :)

So I use a seperate Bluetooth GPS receiver just for the SP5 and have it setup with the Bluetooth GPS unit on COM7 outgoing port in the WM5 Comm Manager and using the WM GPSID add-on, which is discussed elsewhere on Modaco, to use "Hardware" port 7 and "Program" Port 6. Then just set the CA3 and Navizon programs to both use COM Port 6 and Bob's your uncle! :D

Oh and also, another minor problem is that if either Navizon or Cameraware 3 lose their connection to the GPS, then I try to exit, they seem to lock up and I have to soft reset. (This appears to be a Navizon problem because it happens on all three systems)

Never mind - the points keep on stacking up so I'm not complaining too much :D

BB

Hi bribar,

Thank you for the infofmation Installed WM6 on My Orange SPV M5000 Yesterday and I am still getting the same Error Message from before I am now going to try it on the Main Memory of the Device and see how I go then.

I don't think I need GPSID becuase it has External GPS in Connections on my PPC.

I will let you know how I get on.

Regards

Michael

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.