CamerAware BETA aka 'CamerAware <hearts> Navizon'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest pjam001

Same issue here.

After loading the latest version of ca found that i couldn't validate the navizon credentials. I guessed it was navizon rather than ca.

Good for someone else to confirm though.

pjam

Guest Paul (MVP)

You can frig this rather unfortunate problem (thanks Navizon) by populating HCKU\Software\CamerAware\NavizonUsername and NavizonPassword with the appropriate values. I will add a 'skip validation' option in the next version.

Unfortunately this same issues is affecting the live points total display :)

P

Guest Shadowfixeruk
You can frig this rather unfortunate problem (thanks Navizon) by populating HCKU\Software\CamerAware\NavizonUsername and NavizonPassword with the appropriate values. I will add a 'skip validation' option in the next version..Unfortunately this same issues is affecting the live points total display

Thanks for the quick update....

So in essance i either have to wait for the next CA version... (nudge, nudge) or for navizon to fix their live points display... any idea when that is likely to be....

Or.. what is (is there?) the best (free) way to edit the registry?

Cheers

SF

Edited by Shadowfixeruk

Guest zippyioa
Thanks for the quick update....

So in essance i either have to wait for the next CA version... (nudge, nudge) or for navizon to fix their live points display... any idea when that is likely to be....

Or.. what is (is there?) the best (free) way to edit the registry?

Cheers

SF

This should do you mate :)

Its not necesarily the best, but its free.

I use this myself - resco explorer is great as it adds a recycle bin so you can recover those accidental deletes! AND you get a registry editor too - well worth the investment!!

Cheers

Zippyioa

Edited by zippyioa

Guest bigdish

The update with "live points display" is working for me.

Running with TomTom and Parrot.

There still apears to be a problem though with the navizon site - posted on their forum...

"Yeah the server seems better now - but it still took me 2 uploads before the correct data was shown.

Again the Ap's were shown on "My data" maps before they were converted to points. I guess this must be an update thing - a bit worrying when you think they have not been registered and converted to rewards.

I understand that the DB has been changed so maybe this is now normal"

r

Andrew

Used my TYTn today with Cameraware (latest version) and TomTom . I found that the spoken directions from TomTom were being cut off after a couple of words, so you had to check screen to see which way to turn. Is there any way to correct this? :D

Guest dr_nick

i am running the new cameraware rc3 and loving it!

however, it interferers with my btw-100 (sony ericson bt watch) connection, via pcfixitman's ""btwatch 0.16" available here.

i am using a kaiser (tytnII on orange), so using the onn board gps. i have not even got cameraware looking for bt connection.

i dont understand how, but after every time i run cameraware, i have to soft-reset phone in order to re-connect the watch - this is obviously not ideal!

1) anyone else running both?

2) anyone else having similar probs?

3) paul, what can you suggest i do to make best use of both apps?

many thanks

dr_nick

Guest Dangelica
I think the Navizon systems are just running unbelievably slow, and the authentication is timing out :D

To see what I mean, go to the Navizon site and try and view your rewards status.

P

P

Same here I've had quite a few points get lost it says it's synched and hasn't showed up in my total yet.

Glad it's just not me.. So they will actually catch up at some point?

Guest GordonTGopher
however, it interferers with my btw-100 (sony ericson bt watch) connection, via pcfixitman's ""btwatch 0.16" available here.

i am using a kaiser (tytnII on orange), so using the onn board gps. i have not even got cameraware looking for bt connection.

i dont understand how, but after every time i run cameraware, i have to soft-reset phone in order to re-connect the watch - this is obviously not ideal!

many thanks

dr_nick

Sort of same problem, it was causing problems with my parrot car kit, disabling Navizon let CA3 co-exist, but I re-flashed with a new ROM Duttys 6.1) and now it all works together sweet as you like :D

Guest Paul (MVP)
i am running the new cameraware rc3 and loving it!

1) anyone else running both?

many thanks

dr_nick

If Auto Bluetooth isn't enabled in Expert (it's off by default), then CA isn't doing anything with BT, so it must be a navizon thing.

I am running TLR's Kaiser ROM and have no BT issues... so may be worth a go if you fancy reflashing.

P

Guest mwright
I see Navizon have finally fixed the points slowness!

Have they!

I still have not had any points logged for about a week although it appears to be syncing properly

Guest bigdish

I am having problems again with my points updating and have posted in their forum.

Have also asked about two strange new entries on my rewards page that have appeared yesterday for which you get no reward -

"Wifi mapped with device but under another account #3

Cell towers mapped with device but under another account #7"

r

Andrew

Guest Dangelica
I've contacted Navizon to try and work out what's happening.

P

Thanks Paul, so if I turn autosync off and just keep logging points I shouldn't lose them?

We work hard to keep you in the top positions lol..

Guest bigdish
I have those too!

oddness1-20080229-120011.jpg

It's a bit frustrating they are changing everything all the time!

P

Navizon support on their Forum say

"That means that your device (phone) has had navizon installed before, and 3 wifi and 7 cells that you have collected with your current username has also been collected on the same phone before, but using a different username."

I did change my username after a couple of days when I first started with Navizon.

Still no answer on my "lost" data from yesterday though :D

r

Andrew

Having the same issue here about points not showing up on the rewards page. I contacted them, and the support guy got back to me very quick, "Yes I suspect that this is related to the fact that CameraAware checks

the rewards before the server is finished processing them. I'm speaking with the developer of CameraAware about this problem, so just be patient and it will be fixed :D"

Yet, when I went back and used the navizon program to collect the points, my points showed up almost immediately on the live points update in CamerAware. Is it possible that he's right, and our hundreds of points weren't actually synced with CA3(RC3) because those points haven't showed up at all, while the navizon direct ones are going through no problem, without catching up on the CA ones???

Is CA3 just TOO FAST?

k

Used Cameraware today, but all data kept going blank. Then it was telling me I was doing 155mph while parked! Navizon was still collecting points OK. I presume it must be the GPS in the phone as Cameraware was saying "No Fix". TomTom also not working. Any Ideas anyone?

Orange were not very helpful said It was the Cameraware or Tomtom software and they could not give support as the software was not purchased from them. I pointed out it was the phone and not the software and I would check with Trading Standards then amazingly their system said it was a possible handset fault. They said return to the shop where purchased for a replacement. Only problem this is london I live in Weston super Mare

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.