CamerAware BETA aka 'CamerAware <hearts> Navizon'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bigdish
So, the only thing to be thought about before this goes final release is the Navizon stats, currently the dual bracketed values make it a bit too wide for the box. I'm pondering splitting Navizon Stats (Since Connect) and Navizon Stats (Since Sync) into two seperate options as the best solution. Thoughts?

P

Good idea.

Can the font size be increased ?

r

Andrew

Guest Monolithix
So, the only thing to be thought about before this goes final release is the Navizon stats, currently the dual bracketed values make it a bit too wide for the box. I'm pondering splitting Navizon Stats (Since Connect) and Navizon Stats (Since Sync) into two seperate options as the best solution. Thoughts?

P

Why not have it do something like flick between recorded APs and recorded cells seperately every 10 seconds or so...?

Guest petec500
If you installed NETCFv35 yourself, or you're using one of Dutty's roms, you'll get this error.

I noted and posted a fix in this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...;postcount=2680 If you aren't subscribed to XDA, let me know and I'll attach it to this thread.

Thanks for the response. I installed NETCFv35 myself (on advice of this very thread).

I tried installing the file you posted on the xda developers site, but it was unsuccessful because the file wasn't "digitally signed with a trusted certificate".

However, since writing my original post, i uninstalled CA3 and NETCFv35 then re-installed both and it seems to be ok again now, but I do still get the error message when trying to play with Bluezard.

Just tried Alpine CA for first time instead of navizon running on old 02 orbit - like the points update, however when I disconnect CA it hangs the whole device and only way out is soft reset

Thoughts

Guest NuShrike
I rather you cut out the extra lettering first:

"W:" instead of "APS:" (and since you're not scanning for APs singularly either, but includes peer points or some you make up on your own *hint*hint*)

"C:" instead of "CELLS:"

"0/0" instead of "0(0)"

This gives you 7 digits of space back.

Guest NuShrike
I tried installing the file you posted on the xda developers site, but it was unsuccessful because the file wasn't "digitally signed with a trusted certificate".
That cab comes straight out of Visual Studio 2008 installation, so I guess you either need it OEM installed, or turn down your security. There's a registry setting for the latter, but maybe somebody can provide that before I get to it.

But, basically it's just trying to spit out a NETCF error at you but it can't look up what the string is. So, it's still an error either way. :D

Edited by NuShrike

Guest bribar
I rather you cut out the extra lettering first:

"W:" instead of "APS:" (and since you're not scanning for APs singularly either, but includes peer points or some you make up on your own *hint*hint*)

"C:" instead of "CELLS:"

"0/0" instead of "0(0)"

This gives you 7 digits of space back.

Paul,

I like this idea (good thinking NuShrike) - by gaining 7 characters there should be ample room for the stats, no?

Having a slightly larger font would be nice too, if it still fitted in OK.

BB

Guest Monolithix

Finally got round to trying the new build today, navizon seems fine and points are being reflected quickly on the navizon website, however it isn't reflecting the new total on CA. There's also the odd journey splitting thing we were talking about earlier Paul...

Guest petec500

I'm still getting hangs when disconnecting - particularly when the GPS BT signal isn't present. Seems random though - sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. Happens on both my Touch and Tornado though, running from different GPS devices.

Edited by petec500

Guest bribar
I'm still getting hangs when disconnecting - particularly when the GPS BT signal isn't present. Seems random though - sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. Happens on both my Touch and Tornado though, running from different GPS devices.

Just wondering whether you, or Monolithix, have paid for the "Full" version of Navizon, because I have, and now whenever I exit CA3 it looks like it is "hanging" but closes after ages of the Windows wheel spinning.

I've noticed though that if I use Navizon it now downloads two really big files after it's synced the data. Even using Wi-Fi it takes ages to download them. I guess they may be map data?

Could this be related to the "hanging" CA3? If I leave mine it does seem to close eventually so is not really crashing.

BB

Guest petec500
Just wondering whether you, or Monolithix, have paid for the "Full" version of Navizon, because I have, and now whenever I exit CA3 it looks like it is "hanging" but closes after ages of the Windows wheel spinning.

I've noticed though that if I use Navizon it now downloads two really big files after it's synced the data. Even using Wi-Fi it takes ages to download them. I guess they may be map data?

Could this be related to the "hanging" CA3? If I leave mine it does seem to close eventually so is not really crashing.

BB

No, i haven't paid for the full version of Navizon - in fact, i dont have it installed on my devices anymore (needed the space). My hangs appear to be random, but always when disconnecting from the GPS. I haven't had the patience to see if it eventually recovers, but i'm sure i've left it several minutes and it's never escaped from the spinning wheel.

Having said this though, both my devices didn't hang last night or this morning!

No, i haven't paid for the full version of Navizon - in fact, i dont have it installed on my devices anymore (needed the space). My hangs appear to be random, but always when disconnecting from the GPS. I haven't had the patience to see if it eventually recovers, but i'm sure i've left it several minutes and it's never escaped from the spinning wheel.

Having said this though, both my devices didn't hang last night or this morning!

Same set-up here, no navizon app installed on my Orbit, CA seems to hang when the GPS connection has been lost (e.g in my office) and you try and disconnect. My wheel is still spinning after 30 minutes...

To be fair when I used the Navizon app - it too suffered from the same problem when I tried to stop, it's a well documented issue n the navizon forum,

There is a new beta release 3.5.0.1 http://www.navizon.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1778 which I am trying on my touch which seems a lot better

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Strange issue here, using RC5.

The settings tell it not to power on BT. Ive got the GPS settings manually entered.

However when I power on, the Bluetooth light is flashing, and it doesn't get a sat fix.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Do you get 'x of x' displayed?

BT light flashing is odd, CA definitely isn't doing anything. Sure your manual GPS settings are right?

P

Guest WearTheFoxHat
Do you get 'x of x' displayed?

BT light flashing is odd, CA definitely isn't doing anything. Sure your manual GPS settings are right?

P

Wierd! ... Just tried it again and its now showing "0 of 11 - No Fix" which it wasnt before, the BT light isnt flashing and the Orange GPS light is flashing.

Apologies for that one Paul. I haven't changed anything, but it's just started working. I don't even think I've restarted the phone.

I'm planning on flashing it to WM6.1 shortly, as I think I have a lot of stuff on the phone at the moment which is causing a few bits of strangeness.

Sorry :S

Guest kjt57
Sounds like ANOTHER API update is needed! DOH!

P

Been using the new version since you Posted, no problems at all. Working great with TomTom as well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.