CamerAware BETA aka 'CamerAware <hearts> Navizon'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest miker33

Hi Paul,

I've noticed with the cameraware odometer that it seems to double the mileage, did a trip to chesterfield and back today. The car odometer went up about 140 miles while cameraware clocked about 280 miles. Don't think this is just CA3 tho as i'm sure it did the same on CA2. Otherwise it's working well along with TomTom at the same time :D

Cheers,

Mike

Guest GordonTGopher

Paul,

Has the Navizon auto sync time changed this build? On my 30-40 min to journey I detected over 100 APs and about 15 Cells, when I got to work the display was still showing loaded xxx cameras, as it does at startup. When I sync'd I did pick up some points, so sync was working. Other times I know it's done syncs at intervals

Gordon

Guest Paul (MVP)
Hi Paul,

I've noticed with the cameraware odometer that it seems to double the mileage, did a trip to chesterfield and back today. The car odometer went up about 140 miles while cameraware clocked about 280 miles. Don't think this is just CA3 tho as i'm sure it did the same on CA2. Otherwise it's working well along with TomTom at the same time :D

Cheers,

Mike

Oddness, not noticed that, but then don't really use that feature personally. Will check it out - thanks!

P

Guest Paul (MVP)
Paul,

Has the Navizon auto sync time changed this build? On my 30-40 min to journey I detected over 100 APs and about 15 Cells, when I got to work the display was still showing loaded xxx cameras, as it does at startup. When I sync'd I did pick up some points, so sync was working. Other times I know it's done syncs at intervals

Gordon

No? I assume you have Navizon Enabled and Auto Sync checked right?

:D

P

Guest GordonTGopher
No? I assume you have Navizon Enabled and Auto Sync checked right?

:D

P

:( yes and yes, it works sometimes, not a major issue to me and if it's only happening to me then

it's not an issue full stop :(

Guest wizgnome

At the start of this month I noticed that I was not getting any more points from Navizon when running CamaraAware or the Navizon App.

I was suprised that I was not seeing any new AP's. At the weekend I went on a drive to someware I had not visited before, and still no points.

As a result I contacted Navizon, and they said there was a problem with their application and would release a new version, which they did today.

Does this mean you need to get an update to the API so that the problem can be fixed in CameraAware also??

Mike

Guest Paul (MVP)

Oddness, i've not heard of this.... and as far as I can tell i'm still earning points fine.

wizgnome, if you could forward me the mail from them, i'll take it up with them and double check?

P

Guest wizgnome
Oddness, i've not heard of this.... and as far as I can tell i'm still earning points fine.

wizgnome, if you could forward me the mail from them, i'll take it up with them and double check?

P

This is their email (I tried it this morning and got some points with Navizon, but not CamerAaware)

The new version is ready:

http://www.navizon.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1802

- Bredo

On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 23:24 +0100, Bredo Oeveraas wrote:

> We found the problem. In some rare cases the sync doesn't work and data

> gets lost.

>

> We're working as fast as possible to fix the problem and will release a

> new version with a bugfix as soon as possible.

>

Edited by wizgnome

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Paul,

I've only used CamerAware once properly since upgrading to WM6.1 (TLR), but the following happened yesterday:

* I configured PhoneAlarm, so that when I put it into Car mode, it starts bluetooth (for car handsfree), and launches CamerAware.

* I also configured Voice command to launch TomTom.

So ... I jumped in the car, switched it to car mode ... bluetooth turned on and connected with handsfree fine. CamerAware launched fine, so I clicked connect. All working fine. Started driving, pressed the voice command button and launched TomTom ... Brilliant, all working fine!

When I reached my destination I closed TomTom, and looked at running apps and found that CamerAware was not running.

Now while this is a one off, I thought it wise to mention it anyway.

Best Regards

T

Guest petec500

I really dont mean to add to the knockers of this software because i think it's brill and i have nothing but admiration for Paul for all the work he's put into this, but....

I've had the same problem running TTN6 at the same time as CA3 - as far as i was aware, both were running fine until i closed TTN6 and found CA3 wasn't there anymore. To be honest though, i've not much need to run the two side by side, so it doesn't bother me that much.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Please try this without Navizon running, I can pretty much guarantee it'll work OK then. I don't generally advise using the Navizon features if you are using CA in the background, for the reasons mentioned above.

On the Navizon issue raised above, they have replied and confirmed a new build will be out today.

P

Guest kjt57
I really dont mean to add to the knockers of this software because i think it's brill and i have nothing but admiration for Paul for all the work he's put into this, but....

I've had the same problem running TTN6 at the same time as CA3 - as far as i was aware, both were running fine until i closed TTN6 and found CA3 wasn't there anymore. To be honest though, i've not much need to run the two side by side, so it doesn't bother me that much.

I run Cameraware and TomTom 6 all day with no problems at all. I am using the latest version of Cameraware............

Guest Paul (MVP)

Version 3.080328 RC6 now online in first post.

NEW in this build:

- using new provided Navizon API - fixes problems with some users earning points and other minor fixes

- now sets menus correctly if a connect fails.

IMPORTANT

As this is now a release candidate and not a Beta, it will no longer co-exist with previous versions (non RC) versions. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you uninstall all previous versions before installing this build, and you will also need to reconfigure your options / credentials after install. If you are using a previous release candidate, you CAN install RC6 over the top.

Finally, as mentioned previously, it's worth doing the 'net CF 3.5' update detailed in this post for improved performance.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Version 3.080329 RC7 now online in first post.

NEW in this build:

- another new API build courtesy of those folks at Navizon!

IMPORTANT

As this is now a release candidate and not a Beta, it will no longer co-exist with previous versions (non RC) versions. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you uninstall all previous versions before installing this build, and you will also need to reconfigure your options / credentials after install. If you are using a previous release candidate, you CAN install RC6 over the top.

Finally, as mentioned previously, it's worth doing the 'net CF 3.5' update detailed in this post for improved performance.

Guest wizgnome
Version 3.080328 RC6 now online in first post.

NEW in this build:

- using new provided Navizon API - fixes problems with some users earning points and other minor fixes

- now sets menus correctly if a connect fails.

Thanks for the update - I am now getting points again (and you referal points :D )

Mike

Guest NuShrike

Btw, I've been noticing that the GPSID seems much stabler in Windows Mobile 6.1 because I haven't had to reset the phone because of a stuck GPS/OS in quite a while now.

It used to be run Navizon and it'll get stuck often, or run CamerAware and it'll get stuck less often. Not so much now.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Version 3.080404 RC8 now online in first post.

NEW in this build:

- another new API build courtesy of those folks at Navizon! (3.5.0.5)

IMPORTANT

As this is now a release candidate and not a Beta, it will no longer co-exist with previous versions (non RC) versions. It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that you uninstall all previous versions before installing this build, and you will also need to reconfigure your options / credentials after install. If you are using a previous release candidate, you CAN install RC8 over the top.

Note: If you are using version RC7, you can update to this version using AppToDate

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Oh fantastic ... I was just about to put a cheeky response saying "Navizon keep releasing so many API's that we need App-To-Date, just to keep their API updated!" .... but you beat me to it!

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Oooh what a painless update ... thank you so much.

No more downloading CAB files on the PC, renaming to .ZIP ... mailing to my device ... renaming it back to .CAB and executing!

Paul ... for your next task ... get the Pocket PC to sync with the desktop wirelessly ... like they used to in the good ole days! (or at least sync the MyDocuments folder!)

Edited by WearTheFoxHat

Guest mwright

Paul,

Just a small point about CA.

When you have been using CA and hit disconnect - my Kaiser will not go into standby by itself. THis causes the battery to drain quite quickly when the phone is not being used.

Cheers

Guest mwright
mwright - you mean disconnecting but not exiting? Will check that out.

P

Thats right - I spend my day driving around. So I "disconnect" when I get to my next call and "connect" when I get back in the car. While I am out of the car - the phone refuses to go into standby unless I manually hit the button.

CHeers

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.