CamerAware BETA aka 'CamerAware <hearts> Navizon'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Monolithix
No more downloading CAB files on the PC, renaming to .ZIP ... mailing to my device ... renaming it back to .CAB and executing!

You can tap and hold > Save As... with .cabs on WinMo :D (as Paul pointed out to me the other day! :()

Guest WearTheFoxHat
You can tap and hold > Save As... with .cabs on WinMo :D (as Paul pointed out to me the other day! :( )

Yeah ... which is fine if you have the url to the cab. But navigating this forum via a browser interface isnt as easy as it is via a PC. Plus if you email yourself the CAB, Pocket outlook blocks it (although Flexmail doesnt).

Was just easier to do my method above ... OR ... save it to a network file share, and access it over that (when the network shares decide to work on my kaiser!).

Like the simplified points display format

Unfortunately on my o2 orbit -when i disconnect or select exit - window displays " Stopping Navizon" then it hangs - only way out is a soft reset

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Really .. oh right ... I didn't even think of checking that. I just thought it was blocked akin to the method desktop outlook does.

/me goes away to test the theory!

Edit: You could really go off some people ... smart-arse!!! tee hee :D Thanks, got it working fine now.

Edited by WearTheFoxHat

Guest Monolithix
Edit: You could really go off some people ... smart-arse!!! tee hee :D Thanks, got it working fine now.

Anyone would think we use these devices all day every day... :(

Guest NuShrike

I've noticed that sometimes CamerAware leaves an empty TaskBar behind. That's really annoying because there's no way I can get rid of it outside of a soft-reset, and it blocks the little space I have to show my outlook schedule.

Can I get a setting to turn off this new feature?

Guest Paul (MVP)
I've noticed that sometimes CamerAware leaves an empty TaskBar behind. That's really annoying because there's no way I can get rid of it outside of a soft-reset, and it blocks the little space I have to show my outlook schedule.

Can I get a setting to turn off this new feature?

That shouldn't happen if CA exits cleanly.

P

Guest bigtruckdriver

Paul,

A friend of mine and I have noticed this in the Navizon software since Navi v3.4.0.5 I believe it was. 3.4.0.4 was the last good one. It seemed like the software locked up. 1/2 the points vanished when they changed from 4 to 5. I started using Cameraware about a month ago on my Mogul. I've been so happy with Cameraware. So I don't use Navi anymore. I hoped you would not update to the new core. Personally I almost feel it's getting the points but not crediting you; the sinic in me. Regardless, there is something wrong.

Rich

no. I'll have to check with my friend on the last good release. That wasn't it.

PS. he said Navi 3.4.0.1 was the last good one.

Edited by bigtruckdriver

Guest bigtruckdriver

Trying to install CamerAware3.080404 on a HTC SDA with wm5, 64ram/64rom, CF3.5 and an external btGPS. When run without Navi, CamerAware finds the GPS using autocom and setting to com6, no other port works. When Navi is enabled in autocom, the bt light quickflashed twice(then slow flash), CamerAware says Unable to auto detect, Navi will be disabled, waits a second or 2 then vanishes/closes. When setting to com6, CamerAware just vanishes/closes upon connect attempt.

petec500 on page18, I think had the same problem, so it's not just this version.

Any Ideas?

Guest NuShrike
That shouldn't happen if CA exits cleanly.
Ya, I figured that was the case.

Weird part is right after I start up CameraAware after a soft-reset, the taskbar is actually empty - no icon. It was fine in previous builds. It does clean up cleanly if I just exit though.

Guest petec500
Anyone else noticing problems with the new Navizon build? Number of APs / Cells found stops increasing?

P

Funny you should say that. I updated my Touch to the latest build of CA on Friday, went for a drive on Sunday and when i got home to sync my points, it said "No sync necessary" or words to that effect. I've been keeping a tally of my points on an Excel spreadsheet and sure enough, my points havent increased from yesterday's drive, though i'm sure it had picked up two or three hundred APs and a good few cells.

However, on my Qtek 8310, which i haven't upgraded to the latest build, that was also running during my trip yesterday, i got loads of points added to my total.

I'll watch this with interest.

Edited by petec500

Guest NuShrike
Weird part is right after I start up CameraAware after a soft-reset, the taskbar is actually empty - no icon.
Nevermind. It was interaction with Wisbar trying to hide the Taskbar and hiding the icon instead. Edited by NuShrike

Guest Paul (MVP)

CamerAware is now available in the first post in 3.080408 release form!

A big thank you to all those who contributed to the testing! :(

Work will start in earnest on huge changes for version 4, while version 3 will live on to be updated with minor fixes and Navizon API changes as required.

The CamerAware pages on the site and documentation will be updated over the coming days, and the CamerAware 3 manual (PDF and online browseable) is also being finished up ready for publication. :D

P

Guest Fozza
CamerAware is now available in the first post in 3.080408 release form!

A big thank you to all those who contributed to the testing! :(

Work will start in earnest on huge changes for version 4, while version 3 will live on to be updated with minor fixes and Navizon API changes as required.

The CamerAware pages on the site and documentation will be updated over the coming days, and the CamerAware 3 manual (PDF and online browseable) is also being finished up ready for publication. :(

P

Well Done You!

:D

So about Camerware 5 .... I have some ideas....

:(

Guest Fozza
I guess they need to sell more copies of pro... it needs a real killer app IMHO!

P

Well I think that suxs after Camerware goes into full release.

I agree that for £7.5 it really ain't worth getting all that excited about.

What you think it's got too popular and they can't afford to keep shelling out

on rewards? Not enough people are actually buying their solution?

Sounds like could be the begining of the end to me

Guest blewer
Well I think that suxs after Camerware goes into full release.

I agree that for £7.5 it really ain't worth getting all that excited about.

What you think it's got too popular and they can't afford to keep shelling out

on rewards? Not enough people are actually buying their solution?

Sounds like could be the begining of the end to me

Agreed - Site will soon disappear in to thin air. Get your points in now!!!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.