CamerAware BETA aka 'CamerAware <hearts> Navizon'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest NuShrike
i wonder if my new tytnII will be able to get a gps signal on the train to london tomorrow (my rikaline BT GPS couldn't previously) - if so, could log some serious points to essex and back :)
Trains in my area have metallic tint windows that really drop the signal toward the middle of the cabin, so hope you don't have that issue. Otherwise, CA3 racks up points the same.

Guest Shadowfixeruk
Trains in my area have metallic tint windows that really drop the signal toward the middle of the cabin, so hope you don't have that issue. Otherwise, CA3 racks up points the same.

Hi,

I have got a strange question... (well at least i think its strange...) :)

I have been using CA3 for the last week or so, just too and from work, and because its the same journey i haven't been able to see if i have been logging AP’s\Cells on the way – although CA3 registers and shows them on the display…. :D

Soooo today I drove to a different office – hoping to rack up loads of cells… CA3 captured my journey as I would expect… parked in the carpark and uploaded – no problems. Just nothing showing on my Navizon Trail … and by the looks of things – nothing happening to my points total. :D

Any ideas? I want to keep using CA3 rather than navizon as it is far more stable – but not if I can’t get any points!

As a thought - does it make any difference how my navizon client is configured?

Cheers

SF

Think I'm having the same problem as Shadowfixeruk...logged about 40 APs and Cells, but nothing is showing up on my stats on Navizon. Wonder if they've changed their API with the new points system?

Guest squilla

Shadowfixeruk I dont think it makes any difference how your Navizon is set up or if its running, I dont have Navizon properly installed at the minute and CA3 was working fine. You log in seperatly in CA3 so I presume it uploads from there. Just make sure you are not connected when you try and set up your Navizon in CA3 as the settings will be greyed out.

Guest Shadowfixeruk
I don't have Navizon installed at all!

Sometimes points take a little while to show up in Navizon, i've seen that before?

P

Hi Paul et al! :-)

Dan - I don't think its change to the points system - though could be wrong...

Squilla - pretty happy i have Navizon set up right in CA3- otherwise it wouldn't log cells\AP's.. (and you get validated - i just checked...)

Paul - I know that the API means that i don't need Navizon, but the search functionality is pretty cool.... and I have allowed 4 hours !!

Anything else?

SF

Guest Paul (MVP)
ca3080124.png
OK peeps, new build online in first post, CAB install. READ EVERYTHING BELOW FIRST!

New in this release:

- Completely rearchitected Navizon integration internally. This is to help reliability, simplify updates and to tidy up code. It has to come out of Beta some time you know :)
- Big chunk of memory is no longer consumed after exit, when you exit, it's completely gone (sorry about that, wasn't clearing out the Navizon object fully!)
- Navizon automatic sync can be completely disabled now, and sync will only take place when manually invoked
- When automatic sync is enabled, sync will happen every 10 minutes as well as on disconnect
- More meaningful feedback in log window
- (Switchable) auto night mode. CA will switch to night mode at sunset, and to day mode at sunrise, calculated based on your current GPS position
- Menu tidy up
- Wifi should only be turned off when we turned it on
- When 'navizon stats' is the display mode, a points total is also displayed

Not quite working in this release:

- Navizon total stats

Coming soon, prior to leaving Beta:

- Comma in total count for readability (e.g. 224364 becomes 224,364)
- If set to 'Auto', try and pull GPSID settings from registry
- Expert option to disable direct push when CA is connected
- Traffic information!
- a couple of minor UI tweaks
- online crash reporting

NOTES:

Let me explain a few bits. Firstly, the screenshot you see here. You'll notice the total points is displayed, this updates after each autosync (every 10 mins if enabled). You'll notice in the navizon stats area, there's a number in brackets. The FIRST number (outside the brackets) is the session count. The count since the last successful sync. The SECOND number (inside the brackets) SHOULD be the total since you first connected (i.e. the sum of all the sessions). This doesn't quite work as intended yet, i'm looking into it, but I know you're all dying for the new release. When the 'total' is working correctly, the session stats won't even be displayed, as they're not really of interest.

Syncing options... AutoSync syncs every 10 minutes and on disconnect, to reduce the risk as far as possible of losing points. When this is off, it never syncs until you select 'Sync Now', which you should ideally do before you disconnect.

And finally...

Enjoy, as soon as I fix that total stats issue, i'll post a new build.

:D

P

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Paul ...

Can I ask a question.

As I have only installed CA3 last night, and tested it works. Thus not having been for a drive with it yet.

With WIFI enabled, do you still get the annoying WM6 popups telling you of new networks that have been found? Or am I being a total noob, and should have disabled those somehow months ago?

Cheers

WTFH!

Guest Paul (MVP)

You can disable those, by doing don't show this message again.

re: this latest build, i've just discovered a line of missing code, which means you can't turn auto night mode off :) I also think I have discovered the 'Totals' problem, watch this space.

P

Just got home after a quick test.

I had the auto sync enabled and after 10 mins it started and then failed. OK that could have been for a number of reasons. But straight after it crashed with a white error screen.

"An unexpected error has occurred in CamerAware3.exe."

Selecting 'details' gave a long screen full of info. I was driving, but I think the first line was FormatException.

Guest Paul (MVP)

Vario II - WM5 or WM6? If you can give me more deets on the error that'd be useful.

Hmm, still auto-turns on WiFi on mine, will investigate with other devices.

P

Guest squilla

I'll go for a run tomorrow nd let you know if I auto connect. Just tried it in the house and it hasnt connected wi-fi but then again its not logged anything yet.

(Ameo WM6)

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Paul ...

I'm running CA3;

Application: 3.080116

DB: 1.080111

I tried the auto update and got the following message:

"A new CamerAware version is available. Would you like to download and install it?"

Then get error message:

"Unable to check for updates, please try again later."

I then soft reset and tried again ... exactly same message.

Updates were done using home wifi connection. Thought it best to tell you incase there is a bug.

Guest Paul (MVP)
Paul ...

I'm running CA3;

Application: 3.080116

DB: 1.080111

I tried the auto update and got the following message:

"A new CamerAware version is available. Would you like to download and install it?"

Then get error message:

"Unable to check for updates, please try again later."

I then soft reset and tried again ... exactly same message.

Updates were done using home wifi connection. Thought it best to tell you incase there is a bug.

Fixed!

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.