CamerAware BETA aka 'CamerAware <hearts> Navizon'

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest squilla
Perfect! And what value with WiFi on?

P

With Wifi on it became 0xB (11)

When it connected to my wifi router it became 0x17 (23)

These values are on an Ameo, WM6 and 0x17 (23) is the same with running CA3 124 R2 running and not running.

I really have no idea if that helps or not, just glad to be of service.

I have another question....

I installed the R2 version from today. But the total screen is still blank (-). I think I read that it was fixed for the R2 version. Do I have to activate it/ select it somewhere on my device??? Or at least I think I have the R2 version....the cab file said R2, but when I chose the about setting, it doesn't have the R2 in the Application:3.080124.

thank

K

Edited by katieC

Those for whom WiFi ISN'T turning on automagically, please can you post here the value in:

HKLM\System\State\Hardware\WiFi

Paul,

On my Vario II with WM6 (and on a M3100 unmodified WM5) the values are:-

Off = 0x1 (1)

On = 0x7 (7)

Connected = 0x13 (19)

Hope this helps.

Lee

Guest Paul (MVP)
I have another question....

I installed the R2 version from today. But the total screen is still blank (-). I think I read that it was fixed for the R2 version. Do I have to activate it/ select it somewhere on my device??? Or at least I think I have the R2 version....the cab file said R2, but when I chose the about setting, it doesn't have the R2 in the Application:3.080124.

thank

K

Total value will be a dash while you have no fix, i'll change this in a future build.

P

Guest wizgnome
Those for whom WiFi ISN'T turning on automagically, please can you post here the value in:

HKLM\System\State\Hardware\WiFi

when WiFi is OFF.

P

After a re-boot the value for off is 0x1 and cameraware does not turn it on.

If I manually turn wi-fi on and off, then the off value is 0x5 (on = 0x7) and cameraware controls the wifi power.

Guest dr_nick

upgraded and running flawlessly :-)

loving the enhancements

quick q about the manual sync option: does ca remember unsynced points if I exit ca and reload? eg planning to be away from main wifi for few days - do I need to run ca constantly or intermittently without sync?

ta !

dr_nick

Guest Paul (MVP)
quick q about the manual sync option: does ca remember unsynced points if I exit ca and reload? eg planning to be away from main wifi for few days - do I need to run ca constantly or intermittently without sync?

It's not a question of CA remembering the points, it depends what Navizon does internally... and to be honest, i'm not sure :D

P

PS New version online shortly :)

Guest Paul (MVP)

Beta build 3.080125 now online in first post and on automagic update.

Changes:

- Navizon no longer syncs immediately on connection

- Current total is formatted (e.g. 10,000 instead of 10000)

- Changes to auto wifi (let me know how it goes!)

- Minor internal tweaks

Enjoy :)

P

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Cheers Paul ...

I shall try it this evening when I go for a drive. Playing taxi for the girls!

Out of interest:

"The turn on BT on connect option".

I realise its intended for activating bluetooth for a GPS ... but could it be used to say turn on bluetooth when getting in car to connect to handsfree?

What Im getting at is, does that option have any tie ins within the application to the GPS settings, or does it merely just activate the bluetooth stack?

Cheers

WTFH

Edited by WearTheFoxHat

Guest petec500

I've noted that CA3 always hangs on my Touch when you Disconnect after the GPS has been switched off, or if there is no GPS connected (anoying if you want to check something on the device without powering up the external BT GPS). All i get is the usual four-quadrant circle going round and round and nothing and it gets stuck there. I can only get out of it by powering down the device.

Guest wizgnome

I have just installed 3.080125, it appears to be collecting Navizon points ok, but the text in the APS stats field overflows the width of the box, and I have never seen anything but a "-" in the totals box.

Guest Paul (MVP)
I've noted that CA3 always hangs on my Touch when you Disconnect after the GPS has been switched off, or if there is no GPS connected (anoying if you want to check something on the device without powering up the external BT GPS). All i get is the usual four-quadrant circle going round and round and nothing and it gets stuck there. I can only get out of it by powering down the device.

How do you mean 'check something on the device without powering up the GPS'?

Does this still happen when the Navizon setting in CA is disabled?

P

Guest Paul (MVP)
I have just installed 3.080125, it appears to be collecting Navizon points ok, but the text in the APS stats field overflows the width of the box, and I have never seen anything but a "-" in the totals box.

Yeah, in the Beta there's more in that box than there will be in the full release!

The - should change to the total when you have a fix. Just realised actually that might only work on the registered version!

P

Guest petec500
How do you mean 'check something on the device without powering up the GPS'?

Does this still happen when the Navizon setting in CA is disabled?

P

Well, for instance - when i run CA3 at my desk today, with my BT GPS unit in the car and out of range, it automatically comes up as Connected on the left soft button, so i cant access some of the menu options on the right soft button, e.g. to disable Navizon. So i wont be able to change any of these settings until i go to my car, switch on my BT GPS and then run CA3.

It's a minor issue really - i've learnt to avoid it, but sometimes i forget and end up having to reboot the Touch.

Guest Paul (MVP)
Well, for instance - when i run CA3 at my desk today, with my BT GPS unit in the car and out of range, it automatically comes up as Connected on the left soft button, so i cant access some of the menu options on the right soft button, e.g. to disable Navizon. So i wont be able to change any of these settings until i go to my car, switch on my BT GPS and then run CA3.

It's a minor issue really - i've learnt to avoid it, but sometimes i forget and end up having to reboot the Touch.

Disable 'Connect on Startup' that you've checked in the expert menu then :)

P

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Night mode works fine here ... turn it on, and its in day mode, and then switches.

However I did notice some strange behaviour earlier while driving.

It would mysteriously just disappear from the screen. I did a soft reset and each time I ran the app, a few seconds after connecting I would get InvalidCertParameter (I think ... I was driving at the time). Then CA3 would disappear and reappear and continue working. Then occasionally it would just disappear and close the program.

Ive removed WMWifiRouter, which causes all sorts of oddness on my TyTN II, and it seems to be much better since. I shall keep you advised if it happens again.

Guest tsutton
It would mysteriously just disappear from the screen. I did a soft reset and each time I ran the app, a few seconds after connecting I would get InvalidCertParameter (I think ... I was driving at the time). Then CA3 would disappear and reappear and continue working. Then occasionally it would just disappear and close the program.

I noticed that issue too and it happened to Paul too. He has added some codes to track it, so hopefully he will be able to track down this weird issue.

Me too.

I managed to get it to collect data twice this afternoon/evening but it disappeared on me about 8 times.

Also, the sync failed on the 2 times that it did work. Could of been Navizon's site I suppose.

Guest Paul (MVP)

I have a new version ready with some code to stop it being closed, i'll test drive today and it'll be online later.

re: auto night mode being reversed, odd, I am checking it out :)

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.