Danish SPV Update: OFFICIAL Orange statement

Guest PaulOBrien

Obviously now there's a lot of SPV owners out there who have jumped the gun and used the Denmark update even though they're in sunny Glasgow etc.  

So... does anyone have a UK ROM saved on their SD card that they could email me, post here or upload to some web-space? It would be really helpful ???????!!

Gears

www.bornsloppy.co.uk

I've got one on my SD card, if anyone can post definitive instructions for getting this into an email-able file, I'm happy to do so.

Guest jtsaint

Sounds like some bullshit corporate jargon.

I dont think that downloading a Danish one is going to be much different.

If the update comes out in a month or so then I would say that progress has been made since the Danish one, however if its in a week it will be exactly the same as Danish. There are too slow to move to do anything else.

When I installed it the program asked if I was sure that I wanted to update this number rom with this number. This indicates that they didnt program a check in themselves and I would like to speculate that uk users will have no problem updating even after Danish update.

The only thing is this certificate question. Why would they not release the "fix" in their trial update? Maybe its not comming...

Guest gears0001

...well, I'm just worried about the update itself - as you say it updates from a SPECIFIC ROM version to another SPECIFIC ROM version. If Orange UK suddenly pop up now and say, "hey guys, here's the UK update!!" - what'll happen if you try and install it on your new shiny Denmark ROM ? Will it fail because the version numbers don't match? If it does what will you do ? Call Orange ? Get another phone ? Errr.. Ohh bugger...

From what I can tell, the SD backup could be particularly tricky to get back from the SD card, so I dunno if anyone can publish it or not after all..

ok, can i just ask one question? Ok two as that was a question anyway! doah! Sorry if it's been answered already...but how big a memory card do u need to do a full backup, and how big for just the IPSM backup? Ta

i've updated my swiss spv and everything works well :

- the phone seems to be much more stable

- much more faster

- two new apps - picture manager - sound manager

- the batterie-life is now ok..

the only thing you got ist that you've got all the

danish stuff on your phone after the upgrade...

backup first your settings (gprs,mms) or write it down..

and than you can change the settings to the swiss one..

that's it.

Guest Knight_Rider

Read my letter on the post titled Another letter to Orange, it implys that for the UK update they arent too bothered about the security update

Guest eperkins

Keep checking the Update on my phone in the hope of the UK update being released... yesterday it was looking hopeful until I realised the only update available was a bloody game! I want my better battery life now!

Keep checking the Update on my phone in the hope of the UK update being released... yesterday it was looking hopeful until I realised the only update available was a bloody game! I want my better battery life now!

Yeah, and to add insult to injury, the game that's on the update is only a demo! and it's not all that good either. Come on orange, treat us to something decent. ;)

Have anyone probs whit the this i the update :

You phone locks if you have key-lock on when you get an sms?

and have they fix the unlock certification bug?

Have anyone probs whit the this i the update :

You phone locks if you have key-lock on when you get an sms?

and have they fix the unlock certification bug?

Its a known bug and you can still unlock the phone.

Guest DancingMatt

Its a known bug and you can still unlock the phone.

Is this the random SIM locked thing? How do you unlock the phone without pulling the battery off?

Guest awarner [MVP]

Is this the random SIM locked thing? How do you unlock the phone without pulling the battery off?

This the sms keypad lock bug I had it right after I did the update

but now I have my phone set to automatically lock after five minutes

I do not have this problem.

If the phone locks on you and no matter what key you press nothing

happens then you have to pull the battery.

Guest barncourt

To set auto keylock, Programs, Settings, Security, Enable Phone Lock.

It asks you for a password and a duration before the lock will be set. Other advantage is that when first switched on the code must be entered to unlock the phone... I typically have mine set for about 10 mins.

Guest awarner [MVP]

Sorry SirGaz I did'nt see you post earlier.

thanks barncourt for putting in a reply ;)

I have mine set to lock after five minutes manly due to the fact

that since I did the update my phone seemed to unlock it's self?

so it made a call to a contact across another network for over five minutes

before I realised nice phone bill peak time.

I blame the case and not the phone.

The best thing is it's a good security feature so no one can play motocross

on my phone and beat me :lol:

Just done the Danish update on my UK spec phone and its faster..... But

I cant seem to explore the phone from my pc anymore.

A partnership has been set-up an Outlook syncs ok with the phone so it's nothing like that.

Any ideas? :cry:

Cheers awarner and barncourt. Had a moment over the weekend when all the red folders reset themselves to blue so I've actually only just noticed you replied.

I did know about the phone lock but thought you meant an automatic keypad lock like I used to have on my old Ericsson. Having used it though I see what you mean about the added security. Even Activesync asked for the password ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Michael Eyres

So is the statement below the official UK update date ?

"Today also sees the announcement of the first official Orange group release of new software for the SPV. The software update improves functionality and battery life and also gives customers two new applications - sound manager and picture manager. The update will be available for all SPV customers to download from the Orange.com website on Monday 24th February"