Samsung i780 Pocket PC now showing at Orange Business

Guest PaulOBrien

The i760 is another of samsungs win pro devices and ive heard the battery life is excellent on that.

Im just hopeing its going to be the same on the i780.

Edited by J273

Guest Monolithix

I've not used a ppc samsung, however on 2g the standby on the i620 standard device was just about acceptable. I agree with your point, but I think it does go for most winmo manufacturers though - standby is something that will seriously need to be looked at.

Hopefully the end product in this case will move to improve on that...

Does the I780 have the same physical size screen as the treo 750?

Just a different res?

Yeah I think so.

I've been rung up by Orange about an upgrade, I hope it's available soon!

Guest jimbouk
i600_i780_sc.jpg

Did I also mention it's SMALL?

Kaiser: height 112mm, width 59mm, depth 12mm, weight 190g (with standard battery)

Samsung: height 115mm; width 61.9mm; depth 11.8mm ; weight 120 g

So its lighter but other wise the same size but with smaller screen and smaller keyboard and wlan"b" only.

Seems that the processor is probably the only step forward.

Kaiser: height 112mm, width 59mm, depth 12mm, weight 190g (with standard battery)

Samsung: height 115mm; width 61.9mm; depth 11.8mm ; weight 120 g

So its lighter but other wise the same size but with smaller screen and smaller keyboard and wlan"b" only.

Seems that the processor is probably the only step forward.

The Kaiser is not 12mm thick, it's around 18-19mm thick. The Samsung is a lot thinner.

I got an e-mail back from Orange today apparently they're in stock tomorrow! Also where did you read that it's only b? I've read that it's b/g but I might be wrong..

Ive emailed them twice and had no reply :)

So they've told you tomorrow?

Ive not been on a contract for years......Do orange only do 18month contracts now ?

Edited by J273

Ive emailed them twice and had no reply :)

So they've told you tomorrow?

Ive not been on a contract for years......Do orange only do 18month contracts now ?

I'm on the business contract my Dad has so we constantly get bugged about upgrades when the time comes. I'm pretty sure they still do 12 month contracts; we're on one.

Ahhh ok...I know the phones in the business section on the orange site.....Is anyone allowd to buy from the business site do you know?

Thanks

No idea, I'd imagine so?

Looks like it is available now...as you can now buy them online through the orange business site :D :D

Now,Do i go for this or wait for the sim free :)

Do orange still alow 14 days return with there handsets?

Thanks

7 days if you buy via the internet/phone, nothing if you get it in a shop :D

Hmmm,thought it was 14 days....7 days should be enough though....Im just hopeing they dont release the sim free model just after the 7 days.

Say if i was to start the contract ...would they allow me do you know to cancel the contract say 1 - 2 months in aslong as i pay the remainder off?

I know it may be extreme....but cant wait anylonger for this....So thinking of going for this then pretty much paying the contract off...then maybe ebaying it as soon as the generic sim free models available.

not a great fan of the orange branding :)

Thanks

Edited by J273

Guest nicsarnero

Good Night and Congratulations for the Forum, I would like to ask you one thing:

On my Samsung i780 I installed TomTom 6,030 with GPSGate, works perfectly well Satellites Hooks.

The only problem is that the TomTom starts alone often, someone can help me.

Thank you and Good Bye.

Good Night and Congratulations for the Forum, I would like to ask you one thing:

On my Samsung i780 I installed TomTom 6,030 with GPSGate, works perfectly well Satellites Hooks.

The only problem is that the TomTom starts alone often, someone can help me.

Thank you and Good Bye.

"Good evening" sounds better than "good night" :D "good night" is like saying bye :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.