Samsung i780 Pocket PC now showing at Orange Business

Guest PaulOBrien

Just a thought

Mines a sim free model qwerty from HK with a travel plug.

It should be pretty much identical to the one going to be released in the UK hardware wise...Shouldn’t it?

Its probably going to be lacking the navigon but not too fussed about that.

Just a thought

Mines a sim free model qwerty from HK with a travel plug.

It should be pretty much identical to the one going to be released in the UK hardware wise...Shouldn’t it?

Its probably going to be lacking the navigon but not too fussed about that.

I'm not sure to be honest, but you might want to check the voltage too.

You can always disable 3G and switch back to GSM (GPS / EDGE) - it results in HUGE battery life savings.

Quite - if you have all your email etc. being collected automatically in the backgorund, thereś absolutely no reason to have 3G switched on permanently at all.

Edited by Metoo

i ordered mine from expansys but will only get it end march :D

Rest in the assurance that you'll be covered by a UK warranty, and, unlike the "eager beavers", if you decide you hate the optical mouse (or anything else about it), you'll be able to send it back.

On the other hand, don't ever take an estimated delivery date from Expansys as read (or, for that matter, any other retailer's). They often slip weeks, months, and sometimes years! They're there purely to solicit your order, and are just that, estimates, based an any whim they are told by their supplier.

Woohoo.....got mine today...Loving it so far

Mouse pointer works fine for me :D

little comparison pic......

Yay :(

How easy is it to type on the keyboard? And also any comment on the battery life yet?

Keys are a little small......smaller than the treo 750....but still fully usable though.

Cant comment on battery life yet. Ive not charged the battery im running on whats left as i dont have an adapter at the minute for the travel plug.

Is there any tweaks/apps that allow you to change the font size for the today screen?

Ive set it to the lowest font possible within the menu...but for me the font are just well too big

Guest euphoria3k
Is there any tweaks/apps that allow you to change the font size for the today screen?

Ive set it to the lowest font possible within the menu...but for me the font are just well too big

Hi ya mate, getting one of these in the next couple of days once my boss gets round to picking it up from the orange store. I found this app at xda developers http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=327830.

Basically lowers the dpi so that it matches that of a 240x320 screen (96dpi i believe). So you actually get more screen space!

This page shows it in action on the i780! http://www.pocketpt.net/forum/index.php?au...p;showentry=131

Let me know how it goes!

Been using the i780 for a few days and love the thing.

Great size,very thin

Well built

very quick ,no lag or anything

Screens excellent,so much better than any other device ive had.

Finger mouse worls great,I prefer it to the virtual dpad.

Gps is very good gets lock in a matter of seconds

Battery life seems good.

I have only had it a few days but so far no problems.....All in all the best windows mobile ive had.

Go get one.

Edited by J273

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.