Pocket SNES Tutorial

Guest Athenon

Guest Athenon

Bring up display options. Press right (if I say left/right/up/down, I mean the scroll wheel, not the soft buttons). You should now be able to use left and right to select the display orientation. When done, press the left SOFT button.

Nope, sorry doesn't work. When I press the left button twice, the first time i press it it send me back to the main screen in pocketsnes. The left button is the "OK" button so it really doesn't do anything when i press the left button twice. I got the 1.53 version if that helps at all.

Thanks for any help, even if it doesn't work. I really appreciate it!

Bring up display options. Press right (if I say left/right/up/down, I mean the scroll wheel, not the soft buttons). You should now be able to use left and right to select the display orientation. When done, press the left SOFT button.

Nice, I got it to work!

Thank you sooo much, I really appreciate it!

Guest illuzionz23

any1 know how to adjust the sound?

the sound is extremely loud... and i think it damaged my phone internally last night...

after playing about 20 minutes of super mario with the sound... i called a frend, and he sed he couldnt hear me well...

then called my own house fone to see what he meant... and i too couldnt hear myself on the other end, it was coming up staticy....

luckily i went to the AT&T store about an hour ago and they simply gave me a brand new blackjack 2! since i had only got the blackjack 2 about 2 weeks ago... (cool since i actually had about a hidden scratch or two on my original blackjack and the cover for the charging port was falling off, they didnt even pay attention to that)

i've reinstalled pocketsnes but am now hesitant using it with sound....

Guest Athenon

Well, I haven't had any problem, but I have SRS WOWHD installed too. You also might can turn it down in settings as well. In addition, it's unlikely that a very high volume would damage much other than the speaker itself (ie, it shouldn't damage the microphone). But it that's not to say it CANT either. It could be that you just got a bad BJII also. The factory can't thoroughly test 100% of them, defective ones are bound to exist :)

any1 know how to adjust the sound?

the sound is extremely loud... and i think it damaged my phone internally last night...

after playing about 20 minutes of super mario with the sound... i called a frend, and he sed he couldnt hear me well...

then called my own house fone to see what he meant... and i too couldnt hear myself on the other end, it was coming up staticy....

luckily i went to the AT&T store about an hour ago and they simply gave me a brand new blackjack 2! since i had only got the blackjack 2 about 2 weeks ago... (cool since i actually had about a hidden scratch or two on my original blackjack and the cover for the charging port was falling off, they didnt even pay attention to that)

i've reinstalled pocketsnes but am now hesitant using it with sound....

Guest hotrock11

i got it to work first try, but i have a question

does my phone have to be overclocked? it runs....SLOW and choppy

and if he does need to be overclocked, how do you do it?

*i ran super mario world

Guest kwgbaker

Yea you really need to overclock the phone for the games to run smoothly. I followed these steps and it worked pretty well. http://www.corynielsen.com/modifications-a...g-the-blackjack

New Question: Does anyone know how to transfer saved games files from the phone back to the computer. Theres a part of chrono trigger that is really hard to do with the keys on the phone but I can't figure out how to transfer the saved game.

Thanks

-Kevin

Guest Athenon

There is a save state converter out there, I think it's on PocketSNES's main site, but I can't seem to find it. It's out there though.

Yea you really need to overclock the phone for the games to run smoothly. I followed these steps and it worked pretty well. http://www.corynielsen.com/modifications-a...g-the-blackjack

New Question: Does anyone know how to transfer saved games files from the phone back to the computer. Theres a part of chrono trigger that is really hard to do with the keys on the phone but I can't figure out how to transfer the saved game.

Thanks

-Kevin

Guest petrella9979

Anyone having issues with phone locking up when a call comes in while playing pocket snes 153.......

For some reason, my phone will lock up when i get a call if i'm in the middle of playing a game. I then can't get the phone to do anything... i have to pull the battery....

if someone could help, it would be very appreciated.

Guest Athenon

My apologies, but it's never happened to me so I have no idea XD

Anyone having issues with phone locking up when a call comes in while playing pocket snes 153.......

For some reason, my phone will lock up when i get a call if i'm in the middle of playing a game. I then can't get the phone to do anything... i have to pull the battery....

if someone could help, it would be very appreciated.

Guest petrella9979

Thanks

-Kevin

Kevin, I have followed the direction from the link given but i cannot find the omapclock.lnk file. could you please help...

Guest petrella9979

i'm still having issues with my phone locking up when a call comes in while i'm playing a game. :D I then have to pulled the battery out to get it to do anything...... anyone out there having the same issue or is there anyone who can help me out.

thanks

Guest FAF_DRAKO

What Program are you guys using to Overclock the BJ2?

or

Is everyone using the same thing?

Thanks

-Kevin

Edited by FAF_DRAKO

Guest salado

does anybody else have the problem with the right side edge of games get cut off and for some reason shows up on the very left of the screen?

I figured it out... Im A dumb *ss.. even after reading step 0 and 1, I still downloaded the wrong one.

so if any one else has a problem viewing the whole screen you probally also downloaded the wrong one

MAKE SURE TO USE PocketSNES153.rar

0) When you download PocketSNES, DO NOT download PocketSNES.rar. Download PocketSNES153.rar or it WILL NOT WORK.

1) Download PocketSNES here: http://www.modaco.com/content/Smartphone-S...ocketSNES-1-53/

also to get sound to work i checkmarked the boxes-sound emulation, sync sound and stereo.. if that helps anyone else.

Edited by salado

Guest widgetdude

Hey Athenon I'm getting some issues with Lockups and sound not working and then working and some games not loading etc. So what I'd like you to do is post all of your settings including your overclock speed just so I can get an idea where to start.

Landscape or Portrait...

Frame Skip Setting

Sound checkboxesand bitrate as well as quality tick mark setting.

Overclock speed.

Anyone who has it working perfectly can post this I just need to make sure I'm not missing something.

Guest Athenon

My settings are in the quote below. One idea is that youre overclocking too much.

Hey Athenon I'm getting some issues with Lockups and sound not working and then working and some games not loading etc. So what I'd like you to do is post all of your settings including your overclock speed just so I can get an idea where to start.

Landscape or Portrait... Portrait

Frame Skip Setting 5, NO AUTO FRAME SKIP

Sound checkboxesand bitrate as well as quality tick mark setting. Sound Emulation and Sync Sound checked...8bit quality, lowest sample rate

Overclock speed. none - mine isnt overclocked actually. i only overclock when i need to

Anyone who has it working perfectly can post this I just need to make sure I'm not missing something.

Edited by Athenon

Guest widgetdude
My settings are in the quote below. One idea is that youre overclocking too much.

Yeah I find the phone to be very unstable outside of the stock 252 setting which is disappointing. But some of the games work fine with that speed but the sound is still a bit wonky...Ah well, it's not perfect but my friends are still impressed :D

Guest jimbob3332002

i unlocked the phone, restarted it, installed tgetfile.cab from my phone as it wouldn't let me run setup on my pc. i copied the emulator to my storage card on my phone, and put a few roms in the same folder. the emulator opens up just fine but when i click load rom and go to that folder, nothing shows up. i know the tgetfile is installed bc everytime i open something it tells me im getting the message because i'm using a trial version of it. does anyone know why my roms aren't showing up?

Guest petrella9979
i unlocked the phone, restarted it, installed tgetfile.cab from my phone as it wouldn't let me run setup on my pc. i copied the emulator to my storage card on my phone, and put a few roms in the same folder. the emulator opens up just fine but when i click load rom and go to that folder, nothing shows up. i know the tgetfile is installed bc everytime i open something it tells me im getting the message because i'm using a trial version of it. does anyone know why my roms aren't showing up?

Try making a folder in "my documents" folder and put the .exe and roms there. It should then show the roms....

Is there not one person out there having lock up issues when a call comes in while playing...... :D

ok i just got my BJ2 about a week ago...

first smartphone...AMAZING!

ok i've hacked my iPod no problem...easy!

i can't figure out how to do all this and can't get any applications to run on my BJ2...any advice?

i mean if anyone is able to help me i don't wanna type too many details here and get stupid replies...email me [email protected]