Pocket SNES Tutorial

Guest Athenon

Guest petrella9979

where are you guys putting your .exe file and roms..... I'm still having issues with my phone locking up during play when a call comes in...... just trying to figure this out....

i have a folder in my docs. named snes and within it i have the .exe and roms.... all games play great... but as soon as a call comes in the phone locks up and then i have to remove the battery and yada yada...

this is really getting to be annoying ..... can anyone please help a fellow blackjacker.....

Guest Mysterious Caveman
any1 know how to adjust the volume for pocketsnes on a blackjack???

i just use the volume up/down rocker switch on the side

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheSultan

Um... am I just stupid or what? I installed PSNES, and when I load the rom from it, nothing loads. It tells me I have a trial version of tget. When I load tget on my pc, it says I dont have permission. I have Vista Ult64

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ascian

I'm new to this, just bought a BJ2 off ebay today. For PocketSNES and the NES emulator, do they support ROM .zip? Finally a reason to play with all my romsets again!

Guest fizoore
Ok guys, my first post. I've scoured the site trying to get pocket SNES to work, and I've done it....easily no less (yes, I have a Samsung Blackjack II). It works fine, my only reccomendation is that if you're going to run sound, overclock your phone and it will run almost totally smooth for at least some games.

Ok, tutorial.

0) When you download PocketSNES, DO NOT download PocketSNES.rar. Download PocketSNES153.rar or it WILL NOT WORK.

1) Download PocketSNES here: http://www.modaco.com/content/Smartphone-S...ocketSNES-1-53/

2) Download tgetfile.dll here (it's a direct download link): http://tillanosoft.com/anonymous_ftp/pub/ce/tgfdllsp50e.zip

3) Connect your phone to your computer and make sure its recognized in activesync.

4) Install tgetfile.dll on your phone by running the installer ON YOUR COMPUTER.

5) Copy Pocketsnes.exe to your phone (I reccomend a folder called SNES)

6) Copy ROMs to your phone in the same folder as Pocketsnes.exe. (do not ask for places to get roms or anything of the sort)

7) Run Pocketsnes.exe on your phone and have fun...you have just EASILY gotten pocketsnes to work on your Blackjack II :D

Note: DO NOT use My Stuff to run pocketsnes as it will not work. Instead, go into applications and open "File Explorer". Explore to the location, and once you have pocketsnes.exe highlighted, press the center of the "scroll wheel".

I hope this helps at least someone!

Guest fizoore

im having a problem with downloading the pocket snes.ive unlocked my phone and when i go to download the snes my phone says snes9xppc2003.arm.cab was unsuccessful.the installation file is not intended for this device.............help please

Guest Athenon
im having a problem with downloading the pocket snes.ive unlocked my phone and when i go to download the snes my phone says snes9xppc2003.arm.cab was unsuccessful.the installation file is not intended for this device.............help please

Follow my tutorial. You did not download the program as I specified. You have a version for pocket PC, not smartphone...and you couldn't have gotten it through using my tutorial.

Guest midnightferret

Athenon, thanks for this tutorial.

I followed the instructions for installing on my BJ2, but when I select ROMs they do not load; it just goes back to the splash screen for pocketsnes.

My first question is: do I need to unlock my phone in order to use pocketsnes? If so, I bet that is the problem. If not, could someone help me out? Thanks!

[edit: sorry for being a total newbie]: Yes, I had to unlock BJ II before pocketsnes would work. Thanks again for the tutorial.

Edited by midnightferret

• 2 weeks later...

uhh... idk anything at all.... but when i open pocketSNES it opens and none of my game files show up when i try to load the roms... what format should they be in? do i have to change change them?

Guest namakemono69
Ok guys, my first post. I've scoured the site trying to get pocket SNES to work, and I've done it....easily no less (yes, I have a Samsung Blackjack II). It works fine, my only reccomendation is that if you're going to run sound, overclock your phone and it will run almost totally smooth for at least some games.

Ok, tutorial.

0) When you download PocketSNES, DO NOT download PocketSNES.rar. Download PocketSNES153.rar or it WILL NOT WORK.

1) Download PocketSNES here: http://www.modaco.com/content/Smartphone-S...ocketSNES-1-53/

2) Download tgetfile.dll here (it's a direct download link): http://tillanosoft.com/anonymous_ftp/pub/ce/tgfdllsp50e.zip

3) Connect your phone to your computer and make sure its recognized in activesync.

4) Install tgetfile.dll on your phone by running the installer ON YOUR COMPUTER.

6) Copy ROMs to your phone in the same folder as Pocketsnes.exe. (do not ask for places to get roms or anything of the sort)

7) Run Pocketsnes.exe on your phone and have fun...you have just EASILY gotten pocketsnes to work on your Blackjack II :D

Note: DO NOT use My Stuff to run pocketsnes as it will not work. Instead, go into applications and open "File Explorer". Explore to the location, and once you have pocketsnes.exe highlighted, press the center of the "scroll wheel".

I have a question. On above, it tells you to download the file PocketSNES153.rar, but from step number 5, it is mentioning Pocketsnes.exe. Do you have to change the format of the file?

Perhaps, either I change the format or not, I thoroughly followed the instructions and I am still receiving the message "The program cannot start because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate."

Can someone please help me out :(

Yes, I have BlackJackII i617. At&t is my provider.

Let me know if there is anyother information needed.

Thank you.

Guest Athenon
I have a question. On above, it tells you to download the file PocketSNES153.rar, but from step number 5, it is mentioning Pocketsnes.exe. Do you have to change the format of the file?

Perhaps, either I change the format or not, I thoroughly followed the instructions and I am still receiving the message "The program cannot start because it is not digitally signed with a trusted certificate."

Can someone please help me out :D

Yes, I have BlackJackII i617. At&t is my provider.

Let me know if there is anyother information needed.

Thank you.

The *.rar file is an archive. When you extract the archive with a tool like WinRAR or Power Archiver you will get Pocketsnes.exe.

As far as the program not being able to start...if you didn't extract the *.exe out of the *.rar and run that, it won't run, no.

If you've still done all this, some form of app unlocking or something may need to be, I don't know because mine has always been unlocked.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Athenon

Guest Athenon
uhh... idk anything at all.... but when i open pocketSNES it opens and none of my game files show up when i try to load the roms... what format should they be in? do i have to change change them?

The standard format should be fine. I forget what format that is exactly, but it's the same format that computers use, no changing required. Make sure they aren't in archives though (*.zip, *.rar, etc). Also make sure you're looking where you put the ROMs on the phone.

Hope that helps!

Guest Athenon
LYK WOAH!

Thanks for the tips dude. It works! Perfectly. Playing Megaman VII. =P

Hehe, no problem. I'm glad to see it's working :D

Guest namakemono69
The *.rar file is an archive. When you extract the archive with a tool like WinRAR or Power Archiver you will get Pocketsnes.exe.

As far as the program not being able to start...if you didn't extract the *.exe out of the *.rar and run that, it won't run, no.

If you've still done all this, some form of app unlocking or something may need to be, I don't know because mine has always been unlocked.

Hope that helps!

WOW!! :( I didn't know that .rar is an archive file!!

I mean I thought it might be an archive file so what I did was I tried to unzip using Lhasa.

No wonder it didn't work :D

Thanks so much Athenon!!

However, I'm sorry to say this but now I have another problem...

The game lags a lot.

I read the previous replies and, following the instructions on the website http://www.corynielsen.com/modifications-a...g-the-blackjack, I installed OmapClock on my BJ2.

I set my Clock to 252MHz but it seems like there is no change at all. It is still slow.

Is anyway I can fix this?? The game I am trying to run is DragonQuestVI and FinalFantasyVI.

Additionally, it seems like my BJ2 is being slower than it used to be.

It sometimes take like 3~5 seconds to open up a single file/program.

Is this the adverse effect of installing pocketSnes??

• 7 months later...
Guest octagon

with what program do u down load the pcketsnes file with it gives me the file as a torrent and i tryed to download it with bittorrent but it says invalid torrent someone help me out

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ErebusDelirium

Unfortunately, PocketSNES beats my battery to death. It took me months to track down the occasional random phone Power-Off with sudden dead battery. It is a heavy drain on the battery, but the battery meter does not properly report it. Once I discontinued using PocketSNES, this problem disappeared completely.

Edited by ErebusDelirium

Guest Athenon
WOW!! :) I didn't know that .rar is an archive file!!

I mean I thought it might be an archive file so what I did was I tried to unzip using Lhasa.

No wonder it didn't work :rolleyes:

Thanks so much Athenon!!

However, I'm sorry to say this but now I have another problem...

The game lags a lot.

I read the previous replies and, following the instructions on the website http://www.corynielsen.com/modifications-a...g-the-blackjack, I installed OmapClock on my BJ2.

I set my Clock to 252MHz but it seems like there is no change at all. It is still slow.

Is anyway I can fix this?? The game I am trying to run is DragonQuestVI and FinalFantasyVI.

Additionally, it seems like my BJ2 is being slower than it used to be.

It sometimes take like 3~5 seconds to open up a single file/program.

Is this the adverse effect of installing pocketSnes??

Does the problem disappear when you reboot your phone, only to come up at some point later? Also, note that there are likely a few games that simply lag on the BlackJack II and there's nothing we can do about it. I have a feeling this is NOT your problem, however...but I wanted to mention it just in case.

Edited by Athenon

• 10 months later...
Guest soultest

Ok, tutorial.

Thanks Man. It worked on my palm treo 700wx, But without Sound :(