ROM: TLR Kaiser 3.08.02.21 WinMo 6.1 - VF ROM / Radio, HTC OEM + CF 3.5 + more

Guest TheLoanRanger

Guest seraphimsghost

hello kind folks,

i've never flashed anything before in my life and i've been trying to follow the forum but i'm completely lost...

I have an orange branded HTC TyTN ii and it's slow as ****

I hear that the orignal HTC software is smooth and makes the overall experience infinitely better. I don't know how to go about flashing it to get to that state - or whatever firmware is best.

can anyone please help me?

I know i'm useless but a hand would sorely be appreciated. I don't wanna ruin a phone i've had for less than a week.

Thanks in advance

Seraph

Guest ed_sambo

Hi, great job on the ROM, very clean!!

Just one little thing...

For some reason I can't downlaod the HTC Equalizer CAB, all the others are fine.

Any chance you could sort this as I quite fancy it, I use my Kaiser alot for listening to music when travelling etc.

Many thanks

Ed.

EDIT: No worries just found it on XDA developers!

Edited by ed_sambo

Guest Sudhir K

hey there...sorry im a lil blur n dont wanna deviate you guys around

bt what is a "radio" and other forums have also got this thing called a "kitchen" and a term "cooked" ?

any ideas? cheers!

Guest Mr.Clark

Quick question - I have HSDPA enabled, and that's cool, but what I used to have was an H logo appear when the connection was active, and a 3G logo when it was connected but not doing anything.

Now I've just got a 3G logo, so I'm never sure if it's doing anything or not - any ideas how I can get my H back?

Guest shootydogthing
hey there...sorry im a lil blur n dont wanna deviate you guys around

bt what is a "radio" and other forums have also got this thing called a "kitchen" and a term "cooked" ?

any ideas? cheers!

AFAIK, a "radio" is the bit of firmware that controls connecting to the network, a "kitchen" is what you use to make a ROM and a "cooked" ROM is one someone has made themselves

Guest pete_thomson
hello kind folks,

i've never flashed anything before in my life and i've been trying to follow the forum but i'm completely lost...

I have an orange branded HTC TyTN ii and it's slow as ****

I hear that the orignal HTC software is smooth and makes the overall experience infinitely better. I don't know how to go about flashing it to get to that state - or whatever firmware is best.

can anyone please help me?

I know i'm useless but a hand would sorely be appreciated. I don't wanna ruin a phone i've had for less than a week.

Thanks in advance

Seraph

I flashed my Orange TyTN II to this rom and it's working 100%

Just follow the instructions and it was all good.

I also unlocked the phone at the same time, that was not as straight forward (flash a radio file, do some monkeying around, reflash a radio file) and it wasn't until I got to re-flashing the original radio back that I realised that it wasn't available!! I ended up flashing a german or swiss (or something) radio file that was slightly newer and I was good to go - not that it mattered much as the TLR rom included a much new radio rom anyway.

Guest Shadowfixeruk
I flashed my Orange TyTN II to this rom and it's working 100%

Just follow the instructions and it was all good.

I also unlocked the phone at the same time, that was not as straight forward (flash a radio file, do some monkeying around, reflash a radio file) and it wasn't until I got to re-flashing the original radio back that I realised that it wasn't available!! I ended up flashing a german or swiss (or something) radio file that was slightly newer and I was good to go - not that it mattered much as the TLR rom included a much new radio rom anyway.

Hmmm, so in light of my previous issues with no sound etc when i "rolled back" from TLR's ROM to the Tmobile ROM which sounds like it doesn't include a radio - does it matter where the radio comes from - finding a radio that is UK and WinMob 6.0 is a nightmare... can anyone help with a) a link to a radio i can use (with instructions of how to use it!) :D answering my question !

Cheers

SF

Guest Syphon Filter
Hmmm, so in light of my previous issues with no sound etc when i "rolled back" from TLR's ROM to the Tmobile ROM which sounds like it doesn't include a radio - does it matter where the radio comes from - finding a radio that is UK and WinMob 6.0 is a nightmare... can anyone help with a) a link to a radio i can use (with instructions of how to use it!) :D answering my question !

Cheers

SF

Dude,

Go over to www.xda-developers.com register and have a look around their forums (Kaiser section, obviously). I think they will have some WinMo 6.0 compatible radios, failing that, they will have an entire WinMo 6.0 ROM which includes an appropriate radio.

The radio will matter as it will affect things like call quality etc. I think the best bet is to find a complete T-Mo ROM that has the radio it originally shipped with.

TLR:

Does the original shipped HTC ROM have a terminal services client (for connected remote desktop etc)?

I think this is missing from your build, but I thought it was there in the original. Just a question...

TIA

Syphon

Edited by Syphon Filter

Guest Shadowfixeruk
Dude, Go over to www.xda-developers.com register and have a look around their forums (Kaiser section, obviously). I think they will have some WinMo 6.0 compatible radios, failing that, they will have an entire WinMo 6.0 ROM which includes an appropriate radio. The radio will matter as it will affect things like call quality etc. I think the best bet is to find a complete T-Mo ROM that has the radio it originally shipped with.

Hi Syphon Filter; Thanks for your reply .. I have already been over to www.xda-developers.com and the only (UK) Kaiser ROM is the T-Mo ROM which is linked to earlier in this thread. This T-Mo ROM doesn't have a radio in - which is what caused my problem in the first place - ie when i installed the "phone" stopped working...

So knowing that the T-Mo ROM doesn't have a radio in - which is the best one to use - there aren't many WinMo 6.0 compatible radios that i can find - and none are UK ones... does this make a difference?

Thx in advance!

SF

Edited by Shadowfixeruk

Guest Syphon Filter
Hi Syphon Filter; Thanks for your reply .. I have already been over to www.xda-developers.com and the only (UK) Kaiser ROM is the T-Mo ROM which is linked to earlier in this thread. This T-Mo ROM doesn't have a radio in - which is what caused my problem in the first place - ie when i installed the "phone" stopped working...

So knowing that the T-Mo ROM doesn't have a radio in - which is the best one to use - there aren't many WinMo 6.0 compatible radios that i can find - and none are UK ones... does this make a difference?

Thx in advance!

SF

Right dude,

lets try the following.

1) Go HERE

2) Download the "1.56.405.5 (radio 1.27.12.11) original wwe rom" (it's one up from the bottom of the list at the time of writing this).

3) Flash that to your device

4) That should now give you a working WinMo 6.0 install AND more importantly for you, a Radio that is WinMo 6.0 compatible.

5) Now flash the T-Mo ROM. That should see you working again with a T-Mo ROM.

Disclaimer:

I take no responsibilty if you brick your device doing this.

Guest WearTheFoxHat

Ok, I'm going to go and have a look at the XDA site to learn how to flash the ROM. Should be fairly simple really.

BUT .. I wanted to ask, are there any settings which I need to be aware of, or note down before I flatten this device and put a new ROM on there?

such as, do I need to back up mms, sms, answerphone numbers and settings etc?

Cheers

Guest Syphon Filter
Remote Desktop hasn't been in any official HTC Kaiser builds AFAIK, including the leaked WM6.1 ones?

P

Really? I could have sworn there was a terminal services client?

Maybe I am thinking of Hermes days.

Guest Syphon Filter

Awesome, cheers guys. I will take a look and see how it goes.

Thanks again!

Shadowfixeruk:

Did you manage to get your phone sorted out?