Handango revises developer agreement, developers despair at increased cut

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest drblow

Hmm ... I absolutely agree that Handango has wel over-stepped the mark on this one. I stopped using them long ago, I dunno if anyone remembers John Cody and his excellent alarm app for smartphone? He posted on several forums about his ridiculous treatment as a developer by Handango, and in support of his cause I stopped even visiting to see what they had on offer. I would actively support any campaign to help bring their evil plans to an end.

I think that one of the big isues will be that there is still a majority (I guess) of users that will only buy online from websites they percieve to be "safe". I know plenty of WM phone owners currently who will not buy online from developers own sites because they say they don't know if they can trust them.

I think it's a case of customer perception. Developers are still choosing to use Handango even thought they are clearly evil, which really just means that there is no viable alternative. As someone else said, 100x50% is better than 10x80%. I believe that a large percentage of customers in the mobile market would stop using Handango if they A) understood just how evil their plans are ... and :( had an alternative shop to go to that they felt comfortable/safe using. I believe that a minority of the overall windows mobile market will ever use internet forums, so publicising the Handango issues & the plight of the small developer could be difficult.

Me? I only use SBSH products. They provide all I need to use my phone effectively & I buy direct from their site. I advise you do the same. :D

Guest Dumdidum
I think all software should be free.

And should be written with my personal requirements in mind.

And all support should be free and instantaneous.

The funny thing is, that not only stupid Handango is the problem, but exactly that what you have written. As a mobile developer, you have to work very hard and your market is still limited. Only very few mobile developers can really live with their income from mobile applications. First 90% of your software is beeing used illegal, and from the 10% that are buying your software, you get 50%...

Guest Dumdidum
Developers are still choosing to use Handango even thought they are clearly evil, which really just means that there is no viable alternative. As someone else said, 100x50% is better than 10x80%.

You are completly right about this one, thats why I am still chosing handango to sell my applications. But: Exactly that shows, that there is an illegal market domination! Sorry but in Europe, they would have an investigation from authorities!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.