The official Asus P750 'ask nedge' thread

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest skrambol

is there a video showing asus 750 in vga screen in action? id like to see one, especially using the browser (ie or opera). id like to have a comparison between the iphone and ppc in terms of browser experience. thanks.

Guest skrambol

has anyone ordered from expansys, especially the one with contract (t-mobile, vodafone, etc..)? how long does it take to get it delivered? im thinking of this option cause i dont have enough cash to buy one. thanks.

has anyone ordered from expansys, especially the one with contract (t-mobile, vodafone, etc..)? how long does it take to get it delivered? im thinking of this option cause i dont have enough cash to buy one. thanks.

I ordered this unlocked from expansys on 2nd April. They originally said they had 2 in stock and that I'd get it the next day, but then later that day I was informed that there were none in stock and that it would take 27 days. That situation remained until 15th April when they suddenly said I'd get it the next day! They must have some strange stock control...

Guest Joost39
I'll be happy to provide the UK ROM if someone explains how to do it (and it doesn't mess up my phone!)...

:D Grrrrreat :(

The main man knows how, but it takes a bit of commandlines and a steady hand. And after that someone has to put the rom dump together again for au to flash.

Guest Joost39

Just discovered that my P750 is cracking up in all 4 corners? in very thin hairfine lines.... :D Why - I dont know, never dropped it and allways put it in a hard leathercase? Anyone else who has this problem? You have to look very closely at the black front and the silverframe!

Edited by Joost39

Guest dudegalea
Just discovered that my P750 is cracking up in all 4 corners? in very thin hairfine lines.... :D Why - I dont know, never dropped it and allways put it in a hard leathercase? Anyone else who has this problem? You have to look very closely at the black front and the silverframe!

I'm not seeing anything like that yet, but I'll keep an eye on it.

Guest rireed

I had mine the day after they posted phones in stock. If you pre-order they take details for the contract credit check so they can do it as soon as they have stock to send -- the check takes no time. They send the contract and the SIM with the phone for you to sign and return the contract to them within two weeks. The SIM works right away. I had a temporary number until my port from Orange happened.

The only thing missing the day I got it was Internet settings, which I got from T-Mo CS. Should have been there, but mine was Smartphone Connect, which is a non-standard T-Mo plan. It turned out to be fine, but CS and tech support didn't know some of the details at first, causing some hassle.

Richard

Edited by rireed

Guest richair

Can you make a picture of the cracks or are they too small to appear on a photo?

Guest richair

That looks nasty, especially because they just seemed to appear. Keep us up to date on what Asus support will say (although I guess they would never take the responsibility...)

Edited by richair

Guest Joost39

Yeah it does, and its in all 4 corners beginning from the frontcover and ends in the silver frame... Have written an e-mail to the reseller plus ASUS.

(to me it looks like its the T6 screws that are "expanding" the frame and black housing)

Guest Amplificator

I've had mine as long as Joost except for a week, and mine is still in perfect condition.

By the way, the Russian guys have found a way to unlock the additional 64MB of memory that the memory chip holds, so now we can have a full 128MB of memory including VGA.

THis device has really proven to be a good investment considering the unlocked VGA screen and the additional 64MB of memory :D

It can be found in this thread: asusmobile.ru

Edited by Amplificator

Guest dudegalea
I've had mine as long as Joost except for a week, and mine is still in perfect condition.

By the way, the Russian guys have found a way to unlock the additional 64MB of memory that the memory chip holds, so now we can have a full 128MB of memory including VGA.

THis device has really proven to be a good investment considering the unlocked VGA screen and the additional 64MB of memory :(

It can be found in this thread: asusmobile.ru

WOW!!!

Maybe the memory leak won't be a problem now. :D

Guest Amplificator
WOW!!!

Maybe the memory leak won't be a problem now. :(

I havn't had time to try it yet, but the big memory leak should be fixed now I think.. Not that it matters with 128MB of memory anyway.. :D

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Joost, the engineering sample I had back in September had that problem - big flake of paint chipped off. However, the subsquent retail device I was sent was fine - maybe you got old hardware?

Guest Joost39
Eek, worrying!

Nothing on mine yet, keep us posted!

P

Maybe some took the unit at nighttime from my house broke it, and then put it back.. :D

Answer from ASUS;

Dear valued customer

The warranty only cover problem that occured due to normal use, not defective appearence. In this

case, it is very hard for me to tell if this problem has occured due to normal use or not.

If possible, please kindly contact your dealer for confirmations about this issue.

Best regards

ASUS TMSS team

The dealer have not answered my mail yet.

Note:

I bought a complete housing on Ebay, and I´ll change it myselves....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=330215663285

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.