The official Asus P750 'ask nedge' thread

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest flashflash

Hi Guys, bit the bullet and ordered one!

Has the charging issue been resolved? ie, wont charge using an existing usb charger.

cheers

Guest dudegalea
Hi Guys, bit the bullet and ordered one!

Has the charging issue been resolved? ie, wont charge using an existing usb charger.

cheers

Mine charges from existing USB chargers. I think the issue might have been only with HTC chargers.

Can anyone else confirm?

Guest Joost39

PAUL - got the new housing, sorry no buttons - but the rest of the housing is there....

Now I just have to open the only 4 weeks "old" P750 and change the housing - do I dare? hmm..

Guest trickyhenry

Hi all, seems you guys are very excited about the p750. I like to know there are like minded people about that are so passionate. I have gone through quite a few phones in the last few years and have been waiting for a device like this since 2004 ish. I have just ordered mine after trying loads of the HTC devices. Main reason is the form factor and the fact it has all features. Main concern is the 64mb ram but I can tell you the O2 atom life has 64mb and never in the time i had it said low on memory. I've had htc devices with 64mb and they have had low memory messages. I believe this is something to do with the processor. I would like to think that the asus will live up to expectations as they are a very good vendor. Did you know asus make viao's for sony? I have just got into ROMS through xda developers so glad to see there's some support for the p750. I should get the some time next week so will enjoy giving you my thoughts. No doubt HTC has some big news on May 6th but they will not make t9 windows prof device so i should stay for a while.

M$ Phones I have owned: TyTN, TyTN II, Touch Dual, Touch Cruise, XDA Orion, XDA Atom Life, eten glofiish x800, imate sp3 - can't remember any more ..

Guest richair
...No doubt HTC has some big news on May 6th but they will not make t9 windows prof device so i should stay for a while.

Word has it there will be a vertical slider touchscreen phone with numeric keypad (Touch Dual Pro / HTC Titanium). That would come quite close to the P750. I'm at least holding out for the May 6 anouncement until I order my P750.

Guest trickyhenry
Word has it there will be a vertical slider touchscreen phone with numeric keypad (Touch Dual Pro / HTC Titanium). That would come quite close to the P750. I'm at least holding out for the May 6 anouncement until I order my P750.

l

slider maybe.. one of the reasons i didn't get on with the touch dual so well was because of the slide. it makes the phone top heavy when typing etc, your continually making a choice between keyboard and key pad. Not for me i think. the only form factor i've never really had a go with is candy bar with qwerty much like black Berry i guess that would be an option. its whatever suits you i guess. i don't think i would call the touch dual a 1 handed device cause i continually found myself using 2.

how does everyone find the typing on the p750? is it top heavy and give you cramp?

Guest dudegalea

Just tried the Sorg VGA ROM 0.17.

Unfortunately, the memory leak is still there (and possibly even worse than before), so I've had to back to go back to QVGA again.

It's a shame. When it's working in VGA mode, it's really sweet. But the leak is really bad.

I don't think I'll be trying again for a while! Perhaps I'll see what the WM6.1 upgrade brings (though I doubt it'll have VGA).

Guest Amplificator

I just tried the new VGA 0.17 rom and can confirm the memory leak.

The last version of the VGA rom I tried was 1.02, and it's pretty much the same amount of wasted memory.

Edited by Amplificator

Guest Metoo
PAUL - got the new housing, sorry no buttons - but the rest of the housing is there....

Now I just have to open the only 4 weeks "old" P750 and change the housing - do I dare? hmm..

I don't get this. Unless the damage was through your doing, surely if the case failed within 28 days you're entitled to a full replacement?

Why go though the cost and risk repairing it yourself (and maybe breaking it), and throwing away the rest of your warranty in the process?

Guest Joost39
I don't get this. Unless the damage was through your doing, surely if the case failed within 28 days you're entitled to a full replacement?

Why go though the cost and risk repairing it yourself (and maybe breaking it), and throwing away the rest of your warranty in the process?

I have never dropped the unit, and on a danish site two others have the same issu, but only in two corners.

ASUS support told me that the damage on the housing is my own problem, the garantie wont cover it. But they also told me to go to the supplier (from Austria) the onlinestore has not answered any of my mails?

So I´m selling the unit now with the new housing, and the bids are now at 200 pounds...

bye, bye ASUS..

Guest dudegalea
I have never dropped the unit, and on a danish site two others have the same issu, but only in two corners.

ASUS support told me that the damage on the housing is my own problem, the garantie wont cover it. But they also told me to go to the supplier (from Austria) the onlinestore has not answered any of my mails?

So I´m selling the unit now with the new housing, and the bids are now at 200 pounds...

bye, bye ASUS..

It's a real shame when a company makes a great product, albeit with a flaw, and then treats its customers like this.

Guest Joost39

Agree dudegalea, but its my word against theirs - but I havent dropped it at all, and keep it stored in a ADVERTISING SPAM leather case. I give up and put it up for sale...

Guest dudegalea
Agree dudegalea, but its my word against theirs - but I havent dropped it at all, and keep it stored in a ADVERTISING SPAM leather case. I give up and put it up for sale...

I think if I had your experience, I would feel the same.

Have you decided on a new PDA, or are you going back to an old one?

Guest Metoo
It's a real shame when a company makes a great product, albeit with a flaw, and then treats its customers like this.

Absolutely, and I can fully symapathise why the easiest option is just to cut losses and get rid. Trouble is, this just lets the company off the hook, doesn't it?

They don't get any grief from having to honour their obligations under consumer law, and they escape any costs or pain in being forced into rectifiying major defects.

Sadly, the only way manufacturers are forced to improve product quality these days is either by the threat of litigation or by suffering untenable high costs of returns.

In fact, if the hapless consumers just say nothing and sell up, the people within Asus that would be forced to tackle the issue probably don't even get to hear about it.

Glad I didn't buy one anyway. Even without the case issues, that joystick is bound to fail sooner or later...

Guest Joost39
I think if I had your experience, I would feel the same.

Have you decided on a new PDA, or are you going back to an old one?

Have allready ordered the HTC P3470 - just to try it out :D

Guest Joost39
Absolutely, and I can fully symapathise why the easiest option is just to cut losses and get rid. Trouble is, this just lets the company off the hook, doesn't it?

They don't get any grief from having to honour their obligations under consumer law, and they escape any costs or pain in being forced into rectifiying major defects.

Sadly, the only way manufacturers are forced to improve product quality these days is either by the threat of litigation or by suffering untenable high costs of returns.

In fact, if the hapless consumers just say nothing and sell up, the people within Asus that would be forced to tackle the issue probably don't even get to hear about it.

Glad I didn't buy one anyway. Even without the case issues, that joystick is bound to fail sooner or later...

Yeah you are right, but I dont feel like going against the reseller (dont even answer my emails), ASUS (they wont have anything to do with me only the reseller) - and the show must go on, losses or not.

If I return it I´ll have to pay express shipment with insurance, it will cost me a least 25-30 pounds.... :D and prob. have to wait for ages.

Guest Metoo
Yeah you are right, but I dont feel like going against the reseller (dont even answer my emails), ASUS (they wont have anything to do with me only the reseller) - and the show must go on, losses or not.

If I return it I´ll have to pay express shipment with insurance, it will cost me a least 25-30 pounds.... :D and prob. have to wait for ages.

That's tough. Personally I'd be persuing it through my credit card company but you have to weigh up how much the time and hassle to get a result is worth. Good that you've warned us off it though :(

Dealer sounds one to avoid too. Always best to stick to those you know have a good returns policy.

Oh well, onwards an upwards...

Seeing as you have a desire for a keyboard and GPS, have you tried an i780 yet, or even an i-mate 8502?

Guest Joost39

Thx Meto, nice reply, I´ll think about that another time.

No go to the i780 (not a fan of Samsung) - looking at the i-mate right now!

Got a Voucher for Expansys on 10 big ones..so I´ll buy it there.

Guest dudegalea
Got a Voucher for Expansys on 10 big ones..so I´ll buy it there.

While I've had problems with stuff from Expansys, they've always been really good about resolving them. They've never been awkward about it, so I've continued to use them.

Guest trickyhenry
Have allready ordered the HTC P3470 - just to try it out :D

OMG! lol oh well. you sound as impatient as me.. I thought you loved the p750? Not sure why your going for the p3470 though its not even 3g! I guess its small and has the touch flo. This in my mind is a real selling point as I use it all the time. You'd be better going for the touch cruise imho. I will be selling mine in the next couple of days if your interested. I have only used it for a week. Obviously is pristine! I'll have my p750 by wednesday I hope.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.