The official Asus P750 'ask nedge' thread

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest dudegalea
Damn.... send it in :( - mine is still at ASUS repairs in Holland.. :D

I think I'll wait to see how long yours takes! :o

Didn't you get a replacement cover somewhere?

Guest Joost39

Nope, because the seller/store did not help me with the RMA, so I contacted ASUS support and they send UPS to collect it last week.

(its been waiting for over a week now)

Guest dudegalea
Nope, because the seller/store did not help me with the RMA, so I contacted ASUS support and they send UPS to collect it last week.

Ah, I see.

Guest Metoo
I think I'll wait to see how long yours takes! :D

Didn't you get a replacement cover somewhere?

You shouldn't have to pay to fix it yourself. It's Asus' legal obligation to do it for you. Don't let them off the hook - doing so does nobody any favours. If Asus (or their repair agents) don't see and suffer the cost of repairs and returns they will do nothing to fix the design. What's more you will be throwing the rest of your warranty in the bin too if you attempt to repair it yourself.

Guest dudegalea
You shouldn't have to pay to fix it yourself. It's Asus' legal obligation to do it for you. Don't let them off the hook - doing so does nobody any favours. If Asus (or their repair agents) don't see and suffer the cost of repairs and returns they will do nothing to fix the design. What's more you will be throwing the rest of your warranty in the bin too if you attempt to repair it yourself.

I have no intention of letting them off the hook.

But I like to know my options "just in case".

Guest Metoo

I still think you should name and shame the reseller - at least to warn other potential customers away from the charlatans. Why let them just get away with it?

Guest Zigo
Dammit! My P750 has just developed a corner crack. :D

Mine too, on both top corners. They're only hairline though, they don't bother me and I can only see them if I really look. I certainly wouldn't think about sending it away to be repaired for such a tiny fault. I don't know how it happened, but I did use to have it in a position in my bag where it could've been knocked about a bit. I now place it more securely.

I read somewhere that it can only record video in QCIF (176x144) - is this true?

For anyone interested, and if you didn't already know - if you set in the advanced options the file extension as MP4 (instead of 3GP) then it will record video at 320x240.

Guest dudegalea
Mine too, on both top corners. They're only hairline though, they don't bother me and I can only see them if I really look. I certainly wouldn't think about sending it away to be repaired for such a tiny fault. I don't know how it happened, but I did use to have it in a position in my bag where it could've been knocked about a bit. I now place it more securely.

I always keep mine in my pocket. I suspect that slight flexing of the case is what leads to the crack.

Guest Metoo
Mine too, on both top corners. They're only hairline though, they don't bother me and I can only see them if I really look. I certainly wouldn't think about sending it away to be repaired for such a tiny fault.

It might not matter now, but it will when you come to trade in the phone or flog it on ebay to pay for your next gadget. The longer you keep it, the worse it will get, and the more the reseller will claim it's "wear and tear" and try to wriggle out of their obligation. If you've had it less than 28 days, get it swapped.

I don't know how it happened, but I did use to have it in a position in my bag where it could've been knocked about a bit. I now place it more securely.

It's already been asserted that's a design fault, so why blame yourself?

Edited by Metoo

Guest Joost39

Agreed Metoo - its a design fault - the tiny toxscrews are cracking all 4 corners - and ASUS knows about it!

And in a few weeks time it will become worse - trust me :o

ASUS support are not very fast to answer, send UPS, or repair it.

Maybe it will have to go :D :( - when I get it back?

Edited by Joost39

Guest cre8or

Hi Joost39,

I noticed that you have tested lots roms in you P750 ...

Does the 1.02 VGA rom from SORG haves many memory leaks ???

My rom version is v4.8.1 PTG_PT00 and i cant find it anywhere :D .... Do you know where i can find the WWE rom for the P750... i would be happy with the WWE in case i need to make a rool-back ...

Thank You.

Guest cre8or
cre8or - all the VGA roms have memory leaks - and so do the WWE....

All the ASUS roms:

ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Mobile_Phone/P750/

Jost39, you say that the roms are at the ASUS web site but,

the wwe roms are

PegasusP_20080125_V4_8_1_WWE_MS00.rar <---- MS ?

PegasusP_20080125_V4_8_1_WWE_SG00.rar <---- SG ?

PegasusP_20080125_V4_8_1_WWE_TH00.rar <---- TH ???

Are these roms in english ? and do they work in europe P750 ?

Wich one is the best for europe ????

Thanks

Guest cre8or

Paul and Jost since you guys say that it gots memory leaks.... what do you guys normaly doo ?

A guy at XDA said that memory starts at about 20 and drops to 12, but still stable, the Windows gwes.exe that grows all the time ?????

Does the task managers programs correct the memory leak? by freeing memory ?

Our we should use programs like SK TOOLS free ram ? our other program that help to free memory. ??

Our just make reboots ? :D

Thanks.

Guest Amplificator
Paul and Jost since you guys say that it gots memory leaks.... what do you guys normaly doo ?

A guy at XDA said that memory starts at about 20 and drops to 12, but still stable, the Windows gwes.exe that grows all the time ?????

Does the task managers programs correct the memory leak? by freeing memory ?

Our we should use programs like SK TOOLS free ram ? our other program that help to free memory. ??

Our just make reboots ? :D

Thanks.

I've been using 0.17 for some time now, and it starts at 21MB or so, but falls to 16MB and stays there.

Havn't had any problems with it so far, so I'm keeping the VGA.

I'll upgrade to 0.18 once I get the time, but it's the same as 0.17 just with a few other features added.

Guest Joost39

Nice Ampf...but my P3470 stays at 69 MB RAM :D 16 MB is not much for iGO or Garmin...

cre8or - yeah I just soft reset it once a day or turn it off at night!and SK Tools wont help to free the RAM?

Guest Amplificator
Nice Ampf...but my P3470 stays at 69 MB RAM :D 16 MB is not much for iGO or Garmin...

cre8or - yeah I just soft reset it once a day or turn it off at night!and SK Tools wont help to free the RAM?

But I've never had a single problem with either TomTom, Garmin og Navigon.

Runs just like the official WWE rom, only a lot prettier :(

Guest stemaw

Anyone know where I can find a replacement screen for my P750 or somewhere that will repair it?

Managed to render the phone useless by scratching the screen (foolishly put it in my pocket - apparently not the thing to do!). Asus want to charge me 67 quid just to post it to them so they can give me a quote :D

Guest stemaw
Did you search on Ebay?

Yeah, that was the first place I looked, even tried ebay.de but couldn't find anything.

Also emailed 'TurnOnYourMobile' but had no reply as yet.

Edited by stemaw

Guest Joost39

Damn ASUS Repair are slow....

Customer Name Joost

RMA no. request date

Phone No. ()004560XXXXXX

RMA No. GH85blabla

ASUS After-sale Repair Status Route is as below:

Product Received > (Waiting) > Repairing > Final Testing > Packing > Ready for Shipping > Repair Finished

Below 1 record found between 2008/03/22 ~ 2008/05/22

Item Serial No Repair Status Memo

1 82AXAGblabla

(Waiting)() yeah for 2-3 weeks now! I want my phone back!

Guest Zigo

I'd like to install the VGA ROM. This is my first Windows Mobile phone and I've never changed ROM on it before, so any help would be appreciated with these questions:

Will I need to back up my current ROM first?

Am I likely to lose anything when I put the new ROM on? (programs, messages, settings, etc.)

Can I easily restore my phone back to its current state if anything goes wrong?

Although I've not done this exact process before, I've flashed other hardware (DVD writer, HDD recorder, etc.) before. I'm a software developer and I know my way around hardware and software pretty well. I just like to always cover myself with a backup should anything go wrong.

Guest trickyhenry
Damn ASUS Repair are slow....

Customer Name Joost

RMA no. request date

Phone No. ()004560XXXXXX

RMA No. GH85blabla

ASUS After-sale Repair Status Route is as below:

Product Received > (Waiting) > Repairing > Final Testing > Packing > Ready for Shipping > Repair Finished

Below 1 record found between 2008/03/22 ~ 2008/05/22

Item Serial No Repair Status Memo

1 82AXAGblabla

(Waiting)() yeah for 2-3 weeks now! I want my phone back!

Hey Joost, I posted mine off cause all the sound stopped working. Came back to me after 1 week. The repairers were Anovo and not directly Asus. Sorry to hear your still waiting. FYI, Anovo do all O2 repair for all handsets..

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.