The official Asus P750 'ask nedge' thread

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest dudegalea

I have reverted (or rather switched) to the Singapore WWE QVGA ROM now.

The VGA ROM was very nice looking indeed, but the memory leak was really bugging me after a couple of days.

Hopefully it'll get fixed one day. In the meantime, I can live with QVGA.

I have reverted (or rather switched) to the Singapore WWE QVGA ROM now.

The VGA ROM was very nice looking indeed, but the memory leak was really bugging me after a couple of days.

Hopefully it'll get fixed one day. In the meantime, I can live with QVGA.

Which VGA rom was you using ?

Guest Paul (MVP)

I'm on 0.15 and it seems great.

3 things bother me...

1) CamerAware with Navizon finds only access points not cells

2) All my HTC charging gear (home charger, car charger etc.) doesn't work!

3) The camera app (coolcamera) is poor and doesn't integrate with Palringo.

Love VGA tho :D

P

Guest dudegalea

How are you getting on with the memory leak? I found it took a couple of days before I started hitting severe problems with it.

Guest dudegalea
Not noticed it as an issue yet, running 0.15?

P

I'm a bit confused. I've seen lots of people talking about 0.15, but the version I used was 1.02. Is there some reason why people are running the old one?

(I assume we're all talking about the same thing, Sorg's VGA ROM.)

Guest Alex (nedge2k)
I'm a bit confused. I've seen lots of people talking about 0.15, but the version I used was 1.02. Is there some reason why people are running the old one?

(I assume we're all talking about the same thing, Sorg's VGA ROM.)

It's a little confusing the way they've done it but v1.02 is older than v0.15 - in fact v1.xx and v0.xx are two separate releases.

V0.15 is currently the latest VGA ROM.

EDIT: Just to clear it up, the diff between the v1.xx ROM and the V0.xx ROM seems to be that the v1.xx release is a vanilla, uncustomised VGA ROM. The "base" v0.xx is a separate release with minimal customisations by Sorg such as the black default theme and AEButtonPlus.

Guest Alex (nedge2k)
I'm on 0.15 and it seems great.

3 things bother me...

2) All my HTC charging gear (home charger, car charger etc.) doesn't work!

3) The camera app (coolcamera) is poor and doesn't integrate with Palringo.

P

1) Not in 1.02

2) Same issue here - assuming it's a similar one to some of the old HTC devices needing a "signal" to charge (read shorting out a couple of pins).

3) It is a bit crap but works with Palringo in 1.02

Guest dudegalea
It's a little confusing the way they've done it but v1.02 is older than v0.15 - in fact v1.xx and v0.xx are two separate releases.

V0.15 is currently the latest VGA ROM.

EDIT: Just to clear it up, the diff between the v1.xx ROM and the V0.xx ROM seems to be that the v1.xx release is a vanilla, uncustomised VGA ROM. The "base" v0.xx is a separate release with minimal customisations by Sorg such as the black default theme and AEButtonPlus.

Now I'm really confused! I've tried to follow the thread about 0.15 to see if the memory leaks have been fixed, but I don't think the translator is quite up to the job. :(

"I posidel well, I thought ... . and decided not to switch off the module memory leaks. Let sake remain immobilized. "

Very Zen, but I'm not sure whether that's a yes or no. :D

Guest richair

As I understand from the Navizon forums, all of the Asus phones have trouble mapping of cell towers. At least I have heard this was the case with a P535. Or can you confirm Paul, that cell towers mapping DID work without the VGA ROM (thus it being a ROM issue)?

Guest richair
Oops, typo, it finds Cells not APs!

hehe. I didn't even remember from the forum which it couldn't find, but i knew there was a problem. BTW, one forum poster has sent a P535 to the developpers so they can find a fix. So let's hope they do.

Mine arrived today from Expansys :(

Bit strange really, given that I wasn't expecting it for another 2 weeks yet. Possibility of it not being new, since the bags containing phone and battery weren't sealed in any way (were they on everyone else's?). However, everything else looks new, the phone itself doesn't look like it's actually been used, and it had to install programs on first use. It's charging at the moment, I will play with it tonight :D

Question for everyone:

what screen protector do you use/recommend for this phone?

I always use Martin fields...best there is.

Very easy to apply + its re-usable :D

Guest dudegalea
I still love this phone....

Yup, me too!

Some more comments, having moved over to the Singapore WWE ROM...

Power consumption is way better on this ROM than with the Sorg VGA ROM.

The joystick seems a bit more sensitive than with the original UK ROM. I think Nedge mentioned this sensitivity in his review. When I got my unit, I couldn't see this at all. But now I'm using the Singapore ROM, I see it too. I wonder whether this is something they fixed in the UK ROM. (Which, incidentally, I would really like to get hold of!)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.