The official Asus P750 'ask nedge' thread

Guest Alex (nedge2k)

Guest dudegalea
I thought the P750 supported SDHC? Or do you mean the ROM update will only work from a non-SDHC card?

The P750 definitely supports SDHC. I'm sure Amplificator is only talking about the type of card required for a ROM update.

I've had other PDAs in the past that required non-SDHC cards for this purpose, so I always keep some old spares lying around.

Guest rireed

I got the Smartphone Connect contract to T-Mobile from Expansys. I've seen plenty of 3G, but no H. Map pages load OK, but I don't know how to really speed test it.

Anyone with P750 get H speed on tmob? CS hasn't helped on this, although quite good setting GPRS connection when I asked. 'Some phones don't show the H' was one comment.

I tried mobilespeedtest.com, but it just gives back 0.00. Anyone know how to speed test 3G data?

Thanks,

Richard

Guest Amplificator
I thought the P750 supported SDHC? Or do you mean the ROM update will only work from a non-SDHC card?

The phone DOES work with SDHC cards. I have an 8GB myself.

It's the rom update process that needs a non-sdhc card.

Guest dudegalea
I got the Smartphone Connect contract to T-Mobile from Expansys. I've seen plenty of 3G, but no H. Map pages load OK, but I don't know how to really speed test it.

Anyone with P750 get H speed on tmob? CS hasn't helped on this, although quite good setting GPRS connection when I asked. 'Some phones don't show the H' was one comment.

I tried mobilespeedtest.com, but it just gives back 0.00. Anyone know how to speed test 3G data?

Thanks,

Richard

I get the H sometimes on T-Mobile. Haven't actually tested the speed when the H appears, but it feels like HSDPA.

Guest rireed
I get the H sometimes on T-Mobile. Haven't actually tested the speed when the H appears, but it feels like HSDPA.

hi dudegalea,

do you remember your location when you got the h?

Guest dudegalea
hi dudegalea,

do you remember your location when you got the h?

Yes. Bath city center. (I'm getting an H right now!)

Edited by dudegalea

Guest rireed
Yes. Bath city center. (I'm getting an H right now!)

Ok, I don't get out much. Shouldn't take me more than a day or two to get there from Canary Wharf. :D

Edited by rireed

Guest dudegalea
Ok, I don't get out much. Shouldn't take me more than a day or two to get there from Canary Wharf. :D

I have had HSDPA (on an HTC TyTN II) near Blackfriars, so you shouldn't have to travel that far!

Guest dudegalea
Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the whole T-Mo 3G network HSDPA?

P

I think so. From my own perspective, whenever I have a 3G signal on T-Mo, I always get HSDPA when the data connection comes up.

My biggest problem is getting 3G in the first place. At home, I can only get it right next to the window. Even 2G is flaky more than a metre or so from the window.

Roll on femtocells! :D

Guest rireed
I think so. From my own perspective, whenever I have a 3G signal on T-Mo, I always get HSDPA when the data connection comes up.

My biggest problem is getting 3G in the first place. At home, I can only get it right next to the window. Even 2G is flaky more than a metre or so from the window.

Roll on femtocells! :(

I'm getting into provider hell now. Did you get a T-Mobile contract from eXpansys? I got the phone with their Smartphone Connect 12-month bundle to Tmob, described as having up to 1.8 Mbps data.

Now Tmob CS says Canary Wharf should have super 3G and so HSDPA, but I can't have HSDPA unless I'm on Web 'n' Walk. eXpansys is annoyed, saying Tmob don't understand the tariff, are my settings right, do I know it's an HSDPA phone, etc., etc.

I guess I should have been tipped off when I had to call up Tmob just to get GPRS set up.

Richard :D

Guest dudegalea
I'm getting into provider hell now. Did you get a T-Mobile contract from eXpansys? I got the phone with their Smartphone Connect 12-month bundle to Tmob, described as having up to 1.8 Mbps data.

Now Tmob CS says Canary Wharf should have super 3G and so HSDPA, but I can't have HSDPA unless I'm on Web 'n' Walk. eXpansys is annoyed, saying Tmob don't understand the tariff, are my settings right, do I know it's an HSDPA phone, etc., etc.

I guess I should have been tipped off when I had to call up Tmob just to get GPRS set up.

Richard :D

I got my T-Mo SIM card directly from T-Mo sometime last year. SIM only deal, web 'n' walk, £15/month 'unlimited' data.

I'm not sure that deal is available any more, as I tried to find it a while back to show a colleague and I absolutely could not find it at all.

Guest dudegalea
Wow....Ive just flashed mine to the VGA rom and its very nice.

Very impressed. :( :D :(

Cool! :(

I'll definitely have to try this when I have some time to spare. I'd like to be able to revert to the original ROM before I try it though, just in case there's some killer problem with the VGA ROM.

Edited by dudegalea

Guest rireed
I got my T-Mo SIM card directly from T-Mo sometime last year. SIM only deal, web 'n' walk, £15/month 'unlimited' data.

I'm not sure that deal is available any more, as I tried to find it a while back to show a colleague and I absolutely could not find it at all.

Thanks for that, it clears things up a bit. I think this bundle was meant to be a slight step back from your deal with T-Mob. This link is what decided me:

http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?partner=modaco&i=165453

Strangely it's not on the current P750 page which has no bundles. I had it in a cookie on my machine, displayed as 'recently viewed' on the eXpansys site.

It seems the crucial difference is that my package is not called "Web 'n' Walk". I've saved everything in case eXpansys want to play lawyers. No way I'getting bait-and-switched into a 12-month contract. <_<

Richard

- I read somewhere that it can only record video in QCIF (176x144) - is this true?

I've read this in a few places now. Isn't there any way this can be increased? It seems a bit pathetic in this day. It's not a big problem, but on occasion where I might want to record a video this would be a let down.

Guest dudegalea
Wow....Ive just flashed mine to the VGA rom and its very nice.

Very impressed. :( :D :(

OK, I bit the bullet and flashed mine.

WOW! What an improvement!

All seems to be working fine so far. The display is now gorgeous! :(

Guest dudegalea
Dudegalea ......Do you have any memory leak problems like joost mentioned above?

I only installed it half an hour ago, so not really! :D

I'll see what it's like after a while.

I always reset once per day anyway, when I do a backup.

Guest rireed
Ah, gotcha...

V4.8.1 WWE_EN00

Rom date: 2007/12/14

Hi dudegalea,

This was your post from a week or so ago. eXpansys are having the same troubles as I am getting the 'H' on P750 where they know they have good coverage and they asked me to get your Radio Version and Extended ROM version on that same page.

My Rom version and date are the same as yours.

My Radio version: V4.5.4-PP

My Extended ROM v... V1.6.2 EN00

Also, can you post the connection settings (any others? is there a registry setting? is there a registry?) you used with your Web 'n' Walk?

Guest dudegalea
Hi dudegalea,

This was your post from a week or so ago. eXpansys are having the same troubles as I am getting the 'H' on P750 where they know they have good coverage and they asked me to get your Radio Version and Extended ROM version on that same page.

Also, can you post the connection settings (any others? is there a registry setting? is there a registry?) you used with your Web 'n' Walk?

Hi.

Actually, I flashed my ROM last night with the Russian VGA ROM. But again, no problems at all getting HSDPA. It just worked as soon as I entered the T-Mo settings.

I have those settings on my "things to remember" blog page (because I can never find them when I want them otherwise!).

http://dudegalea.blogspot.com/2007/08/t-mo...s-mobile-6.html

With just those settings (and literally just those) I get full connectivity.

Guest rireed
Hi.

Actually, I flashed my ROM last night with the Russian VGA ROM. But again, no problems at all getting HSDPA. It just worked as soon as I entered the T-Mo settings.

I have those settings on my "things to remember" blog page (because I can never find them when I want them otherwise!).

http://dudegalea.blogspot.com/2007/08/t-mo...s-mobile-6.html

With just those settings (and literally just those) I get full connectivity.

Quite interesting. I have the same, but I don't have the selection

Cellular line (GPRS,3G)

only

Cellular line (GPRS)

Have tmob shortchanged me?

Guest dudegalea
Quite interesting. I have the same, but I don't have the selection

Cellular line (GPRS,3G)

only

Cellular line (GPRS)

Have tmob shortchanged me?

Ah, you're right, it's just GPRS on mine too. I originally wrote that blog entry when I was (disastrously) trying a Ubiquio 503G, and that's what it said on that one. I should update the entry.

Guest dudegalea

BTW I just double-checked, and my Radio ROM version is the same as yours.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.