HTC TyTN II Is Pants

Guest Bainsyboy

Guest varioIII-lover

this says it all ..

seems there is a class action suit against htc for this phone..

www.htcdriver.com and www.htcclassaction.com.

Guest varioIII-lover

i have tried with this device, the pitifully slow screen redraw to landscape on the keyboard open (when there is no animation or any real processor load to cause this) and that a lot of users are suffering speaks for itself. very poor graphics drivers on this device. probably causing freeze ups and the like. how could htc release such a shoddy piece of work?

HTC DEAL WITH THIS NOW !!!!

v3

Guest shootydogthing

I have no issues with mine at all, and I'm a teenager with big expectations.i'm typing on it right now. I think yours must be a defective one.

Oh, and the class action is only looking for video drivers. NOTHING ELSE. sorry, but you're in the minority having such issues.

Guest varioIII-lover

you might consider me to be in the minority but we're having this discussion in a thread entitled 'htc tytn II is pants' .. and like i said before .. the video driver problem is enough to cause lockups, bad screen redraws and hardware freezes of buttons and OS.

v3

Guest shootydogthing

I doubt the video drivers are causing HARDWARE button lockups.

and in 12 months the N96 will probably be out. if you're after something else then get that/

Guest Bainsyboy

Another thing i have found with the kaiser is the reception is much lower on it. At present I have one bar for Orange but if I change the sim into my old m600 i get 5 bars.

Im still waiting for it to be collected but havent got a clue what to get next

Guest unicron
software button lockups then :(

i am going to flash the rom.

my last hope :D

v3

:( i was wondering if what happened to me can help you. my friend got the htc branded kaiser for work and raved about it before he had to give it back before he left (he has a modded iphone now) i got the t-mobile version about 6 months later and i thought it was good but not a big leap over my old spv m3100. i could not see what all the internet reviews were going mad over?

then two months into me owning the phone i was getting screen lock ups and other problems that people mention here (no where near as much but enough to weewee me off) so i thought funk it and flashed the rom with TLR or TRL? His rom is on here somewhere with a GOOD guide as well. i can report my phone is muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better now. yes the screen freezes for a couple seconds 3-4 times a month but with wm 6.1and a proper working phone life is good and my phone now pooh poohs all over my old spv m3100 (which also had video problems?)

i now use my psp for video play back but for everything else the flashed htc kaiser t-mobile voda rom is great. its a shame that i HAD to do this in order to get a working result which is how the mda vario 3 should of come out of the box. htc's own rom seems light years ahead of orange and t-mobiles own versions so just do it, if your phone somehow shows no signs of improvements just sell it and by a Nokia :(

Guest varioIII-lover

here's my final story .. and a good ending.

hard reset after backup, soft reset before tmobile customisations, no tweaks, and a fast phone, good rom.

v3L

Guest repsolblade
I have no issues with mine at all, and I'm a teenager with big expectations.i'm typing on it right now. I think yours must be a defective one.

Oh, and the class action is only looking for video drivers. NOTHING ELSE. sorry, but you're in the minority having such issues.

May I just point you here > http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?tytn2vid

12 thousand signatures to ask HTC to rectify this problem.

Minority?? I think not!

Guest Bainsyboy

Forgive the child for they no not what they want, All im after is a bleeding phone that doesnt need soft resetting at some part of the day.

I reckon orange are going to let me keep my tytn II and let me upgrade when im good and ready, tytn II great phone when its running right but for some reason it begins to crawl after a few hours, im trialling mem maid and they does seem to keep the phone in some order

Edited by Bainsyboy

Guest varioIII-lover

lol .. i like this one ..

HTC please inform us that you will fix it in a press release. Please tell us that you have fixed it and are testing before launch. Don't tell us that your next product will be better. Don't tell us that the video driver is not the issue. Don't spin. Don't stall. Don't ignore the 12000+ people. Don't forget that petitions show a fraction of a larger dissatisfied whole. Don't ruin it for us and for you.

seriously tho .. soft resetting it before customisations has really sorted my phone out.

still, the video driver is pants tho. so hurry up htc! i think they're trying to cap their phone to release a better one so we will want that instead .. shame on you htc. a lot of people are fed up with this now.

v3L

Guest varioIII-lover

everyone keep on calling, emailing and pestering HTC to do something .. it has to come from HTC .. not the network operators .. we all have to keep putting pressure on HTC.

this phone would be amazing i tell thee if the drivers were sorted.

vtap must have some kind of driver built into the program because watching youtube on it via HSDPA is excellent.

v3L

Guest shootydogthing
May I just point you here > http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?tytn2vid

Minority?? I think not!

Woah there! I never said V3L was in a minority as far as video issues goes. I mean they were in a minority with the other problems such as regular lockups. While I have noticed a marked improvment since relfashing, my stock T-Mobile ROM was certainly usable.

Guest SGTDRE

I just finished reading the contents of the petition. And seeing as I am in the market to pruchase this product for the first time, Am I correct in my thinking that the issue is yet to be resolved? Are all HTC [Fill In Model # here ________] still having video problems? Or has Fix been made avaible? Or is there a work around?

It would nice to know before I start spending my Hard earned $$$$

Minority?? I think not!

• 1 month later...