The official HTC X7510 'Ask Paul' thread

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest shootydogthing
How do I tell? I'm no haptic expert! :D

P

When you press a key, does the whole keyboard vibrate or just the key/rough area you pressed?

Guest Sonicr360

Alex

Like I said, buy it ... use it ... then report back .. or do a review if you ever remember :D

Certainly going to be an interesting one :(

Guest Neil5459

As in all these things, it's horses for courses!

After a lot of dithering, I bought a used X7500 last September, after years of 'pocket' WM devices. Partly as a result of having had a Loox N560, and liking the VGA screen, partly from novelty value and partly from a desire for a larger physical screen- both for viewing video, and to assuage my somewhat failing eyesight :D The large screen, mounted in a Brodit holder also pays dividends for sat nav.

Since then I've also had an O2 Orbit2, and an O2 Atmos on extended loan from O2 following user testing; both have stayed tucked away in my briefcase because I simply can't do without the attributes of the X7500, as stated above.

I have to admit that I don't use it for voice calls at all- only data and some texts. On some days when I'm out of the office, it gets extensive usage in database, Exchange data, and reference lookups, and it always lasts over one day, even with some video and music use on the way home on the train. There is no other device that gives these advantages and still has battery life after 6-8 hours of use.

Having said that, I can't see the need to update to the X7510 at that price. Maybe T-Mobile UK will release it at a more affordable level. Don't forget, the TyTnII was over £500 SIM free when 1st released- we get very accustomed to the artificially low prices of carrier subsidised devices.

This is a niche form factor, but there is a good market for that particular niche.

Guest Menneisyys
But this reminds me of my own ZX81 keyboard layout (the membrane feature I called it!).

The ZX81 keyboard is better - it does have some kind of tactile feedback. The vibration implemented by the new Advantage is, IMHO, much worse.

IMHO, the new keyboard is far worse than that of the Universal or, if you don't take the smaller keyboard into account, the Kaiser. It's a pity HTC haven't implemented a much better keyboard - even when it would add some 1-2 mm's to the thickness of the device when closed.

Guest Menneisyys
the screen should have a higher resolution than 640x480 for that physical size

Agreed. 4" would be the most ideal for VGA. For 5", SVGA (800*600) would be far better.

(BTW, the problem is exactly the same with the HTC Shift - 800 X 480 for a 7" screen is far too low. The Fujitsu Lifebook U-series U1010, which is, while much narrower (albeit a BIT longer and thicker) and lighter than the Shift (171mm (W) x 133mm (D) x 26.5-32.0mm (H), 0.63kg vs. 207/129/25 mm, 800 grams; figures of the U1010 and the Shift, respectively) , still sports a higher-resolution, rotateable (!) 1024 x 600 screen. Fraqnkly, I don't see much point in getting the Shift for the current price tag when there're MUCH better alternatives out there for even less money...)

Guest Menneisyys
If you feel £600+ is worth purchasing, then I can honestly say you are wasting your money. To compare this against a VISTA laptoip is a poor, poor show. Why do that?? Its not even a fair argument :D

A second hand laptop with XP would be ten times better than this ! Run all your apps, and its good to go! My old Sony Viao is great - ok runs XP, all office apps, Bluetooth, 3G card, Wi-fi... oh hell... guess what... no phone! Not a problem with the TyTn II with me!! Yes that fits in my pocket and the Sony comes in a sleak small case!

You can even compare to, say, the HP TC1100. You can get it for 200-400 pounds (current prices: around $400 in the US and 400e in the EU) and it, while certainly bigger, is fully XP / Vista-compliant and is still one of the best budget tablets out there.

Guest Menneisyys
When you press a key, does the whole keyboard vibrate or just the key/rough area you pressed?

The whole device. A pretty lame "emulation" of physical key traversal. I certainly dislike it - the keyboard of the new Advantage is really inferior to the HTC Universal.

Guest Menneisyys
The Nokia also has a better-than VGA widescreen, and a *full* *complete* web browser with flash and ajax support. It fails in only one respect; it does not have built in HSDPA connectivity.

Yup, but via BT, you can use any HSDPA-capable phone with it. Of course, even EDR (assuming the 810 has EDR - I'm not sure; haven't checked) will limit the attainable speed to about 70 kbyte/s (according to my benchmarks using the iPAQ 210 + Nokia N95 combo; with non-EDR clients, the speed would be around 30-35 kbyte/s).

Guest Menneisyys
Alex - I had a very similar need to you. I went for the (cough) Nokia N810 internet tablet. It fulfills all the criteria you specify plus comes in a prettier, smaller package than this behemoth - As a veteran of the original model, I'm aware that size is everything and the Advantage rapidly becomes an inconvenience. The Nokia also has a better-than VGA widescreen, and a *full* *complete* web browser with flash and ajax support.

Agreed. Nokia, currently, produces way better and superior hardware than HTC. (No, HTC fanboys, don't flame me but compare the physical dimensions etc. of Nokia's current hadsets to those of HTC. I really hope HTC realizes they need to invent and come out with some more competitive handsets.)

Guest Markda2000

Sounds like you need a nokia e90

A few people are asking what the point of this product is, so I thought it might be of interest to explain what it's point for me is.

My primary usage of this device will be indoors, connected through my home WiFi. To meet my requirements for this usage it must be small enough to place in easy reach of the sofa or armchair, and not get in the way of the remote controls, books and other assorted bits and pieces that share that spot. A laptop (EeePC: 225x164x35) would be too big, although a Shift (207x129x25) might *just* about do the job. The X7510 is 133x98x16 (or x20 including keyboard), taking up significantly less valuable chair-side space.

I will be using this device for casual internet browsing, and therefore require a screen that is not too uncomfortable to read. VGA is a rock-bottom basic requirement, and having the larger physical dimensions afforded by the X7510 is helpful. A more pocketable device like the TyTn II can't compare. A tablet form-factor here is also a big advantage, as is having a keyboard available for the occasions in which more than just a URL or two needs to be typed in. The laptop form-factor is not really appropriate, and not having a finger-operable touch screen would also be a massive disadvantage.

Other internet-tablet devices are available, but as I also want to use this for checking email, and perhaps the occasional writing of brief replies, that rules out most of the cheaper browsing-only devices available. I also want my calendaring integrated (and synchable), and be able to play audio and video files (directly from my network share, no transcoding or other trickyness), which rules out all the others. Having some casual games is a bonus, and other little utilities and things always come in helpful - so having a non-standard OS without the large library of third party software available for Windows Mobile is a big disadvantage.

Finally, I want to be able to take it with me when travelling (in a bag is fine, it doesn't have to actually fit in a pocket as I'm not carrying it around all the time) to be able to access my calendar, email, and other stored information while on the move. WiFi only solutions are ruled out. I may also use the GPS functionality, depending on how usable I find it.

What it will notably not be used for is voice calls, although with appropriate wireless headset (LG Style-I would be interesting here) I suppose it could be done, in a pinch. This will probably not be anyone's primary mobile phone to carry around with them, it is clearly unsuitable for the purpose.

Finally, for this form factor, I *prefer* Windows Mobile to a desktop OS. Vista is simply not designed for this use case. You can probably more or less get it to do what you need, if you put the effort in, but Windows Mobile is designed specifically to be used at this sort of size and processing power. For a start, when I turn it on, it is immediately on without delay. Synching with a desktop is explicitly supported, and third-party software available for it is also designed to work with a portable, low-res, low-power device, with a touch screen, operated by a finger. Try finding Vista software designed with those considerations in mind.

Power consumption, and therefore battery life can't be compared with a Desktop OS device, and I certainly don't want any fans whiring in the thing!

That said, the X7510 is still not ideal; it is a bit too expensive, and the screen should have a higher resolution than 640x480 for that physical size. Swapping the SIM without needing to reboot would be very nice to have (in case you just have the one, rather than one data and one voice SIM). From what Paul said, it sounds like you need to remove the battery to change the miniSD card too, which makes it pretty much useless.

I hope this helps people who were wondering who would want such a device, and what they would want it for.

Alex

Guest Menneisyys
Sounds like you need a nokia e90

I wouldn't recommend the (old) E90 either. Either the new, just-released hardware version (without the problems of the old) or, if the lack of built-in cellular connectivity isn't a problem, a 810. The latter is, incidentally, far cheaper than the E90.

Guest l3v5y
Agreed. Nokia, currently, produces way better and superior hardware than HTC. (No, HTC fanboys, don't flame me but compare the physical dimensions etc. of Nokia's current hadsets to those of HTC. I really hope HTC realizes they need to invent and come out with some more competitive handsets.)

If you compare HTCs offerings to those of other WM devices, they are compact and well designed... Sure you can get a Nokia that's way smaller, but it does nothing in comparison to WM devices.

Guest Menneisyys
If you compare HTCs offerings to those of other WM devices, they are compact and well designed... Sure you can get a Nokia that's way smaller, but it does nothing in comparison to WM devices.

Well, there's still the S-E X1 - and the announced, new, high-end (digital TV receiver, latest, best CPU's etc.) devices of E-Ten (V900) and GigaByte. If only HTC had a phone similar to, say, the X1, I wouldn't be mourning. Nope, all they did was coming up with the, in my opinion (see below), pretty much flawed Diamond. No decent successor for their kick-ass Universal (which I still consider one of the best WinMo devices and use it on a daily basis), for example. That is, no for example Omni.

As far as their latest offerings are concerned, I consider the Diamond pretty much flawed. 4 GB storage in a current VGA (VGA movies take much more storage than QVGA ones) multimedia device, when all the multimedia alternatives (the currently sold iPhone and the announced, soon-to-hit-the-market Nokia N96) have 16 GB and, with the N96, an additional microSD slot?! (And i haven't even mentioned the pretty low speed of the GUI, which can still be fixed before the release of the actual device.) And I don't think the Touch / Shadow series are particularly good either. For example, the Nokia N95, while it's over a year old, offers much more functionality, even if you take into account it "only" runs S60 and not WinMo.

Guest l3v5y
Well, there's still the S-E X1 - and the announced, new, high-end (digital TV receiver, latest, best CPU's etc.) devices of E-Ten (V900) and GigaByte. If only HTC had a phone similar to, say, the X1, I wouldn't be mourning.

Aren't HTC making the X1? The ROMs have lots of HTC apps in them...

Also, the unofficial Raphael is essentially going to be the X1 without the "panels" gimmick...

As far as their latest offerings are concerned, I consider the Diamond pretty much flawed. 4 GB storage in a current VGA (VGA movies take much more storage than QVGA ones) multimedia device, when all the alternatives (the currently sold iPhone and the announced, soon-to-hit-the-market Nokia N96) have 16 GB and, with the N96, an additional microSD slot?! (And i haven't even mentioned the pretty low speed of the GUI, which can still be fixed before the release of the actual device.) And I don't think the Touch / Shadow series are particularly good either. For example, the Nokia N95, while it's over a year old, offers much more functionality, even if you take into account it "only" runs S60 and not WinMo.

So the Diamond has no memory, but it is very small, and still does more than the iPhone. The only experience of the N95 I've had was it crashing about 5 times in one hour, and nothing would run straight, and the iPhone does absolutely nothing except look good. It has no real browsing capabilities as it's limited to edge, and it takes way to long to respond to screen rotations...

Guest Menneisyys
Aren't HTC making the X1? The ROMs have lots of HTC apps in them...

Also, the unofficial Raphael is essentially going to be the X1 without the "panels" gimmick...

Yup - but it is still isn't even known when the Raphael is released and whether it'll have the same quality metal casing as the X1 (see for example the related commets at http://www.modaco.com/content/pocket-pc-pr...-mid-september/ if interested ). I really hope it won't take long for HTC to release it and it won't be too "plasticky".

So the Diamond has no memory, but it is very small, and still does more than the iPhone.

Let me disagree. For multimedia usage (the Diamond is advertised as a multimedia device, after all), the iPhone definitely has the lead, storage-wise. You can only put some 5-6 full-length VGA-res MPEG4 Part 2 (ASP) movies in a 4Gbyte storage. MP3's? (Let's not forget that the OS still doesn't support HE-AACv2, unlike, say, S60 on the N-series Nokias; therefore, you must use far less storage-friendly formats like WMA and MP3) Some 500-800 at most. (Currently, I have some 6000 songs, in HE-AACv2 format, in my Nokia N95, and still have some 2 GB left for occassional movie taking, YouTube viewing etc. on my current 8GB card). 4GB is just isn't sufficient for a MM phone. (Of course, if HTC drops the "multimedia" tag, as they have did with the Kaiser after receiving a lot of bad feedback because of the video driver issues, this becomes a non-issue. As long as you indeed don't want to use it as a multimedia device, that is :D )

The only experience of the N95 I've had was it crashing about 5 times in one hour, and nothing would run straight, and the iPhone does absolutely nothing except look good. It has no real browsing capabilities as it's limited to edge, and it takes way to long to respond to screen rotations...

The early ROM versions indeed sucked, as has also been pointed out in my (eartly) N95 articles. The v20 / v21 firmware versions (released back in December 2007 / this April, respectively) are much better in this respect. The N95, running on these firmwares, are incomparably better and more stable than with the v1x firmware versions. I was pretty much disappointed with the N95 in the v1x days; now, I'm a happy camper and use it for most of my (light) Web browsing and all of my multimedia purposes.

Guest l3v5y
Yup - but it is still isn't even known when the Raphael is released and whether it'll have the same quality metal casing as the X1 (see for example the related commets at http://www.modaco.com/content/pocket-pc-pr...-mid-september/ if interested ). I really hope it won't take long for HTC to release it and it won't be too "plasticky".
I to hope the Raphael will be well built, but even if it is "plasticky" it may still do more than comparable nokias, and indeed, the iPhone - Full QWERTY keyboard, VGA screen, 3G (only the iPhone doesn't have this) and it'll run WM...

Let me disagree. For multimedia usage (the Diamond is advertised as a multimedia device, after all), the iPhone definitely has the lead, storage-wise. You can only put some 5-6 full-length VGA-res MPEG4 Part 2 (ASP) movies in a 4Gbyte storage. MP3's? (Let's not forget that the OS still doesn't support HE-AACv2, unlike, say, S60 on the N-series Nokias; therefore, you must use far less storage-friendly formats like WMA and MP3) Some 500-800 at most. (Currently, I have some 6000 songs, in HE-AACv2 format, in my Nokia N95, and still have some 2 GB left for occassional movie taking, YouTube viewing etc. on my current 8GB card). 4GB is just isn't sufficient for a MM phone. (Of course, if HTC drops the "multimedia" tag, as they have did with the Kaiser after receiving a lot of bad feedback because of the video driver issues, this becomes a non-issue. As long as you indeed don't want to use it as a multimedia device, that is :D )

In this respec the N97 and other Nokias may have the lead, but with a bit of third party software (which the iPhone doesn't have without jailbreaking) virtually all formats can be used on WM devices. Also, the Diamond has a touch screen, unlike the N95. I admit having a memory card slot would be good, and for a multimedia device it really should be there, but virtually all other HTC devices have a memory card, and with the advances in SDHC and similar technologies, that kind of storage is preferable to limited onboard memory (the iPhone.....).

The early ROM versions indeed sucked, as has also been pointed out in my (eartly) N95 articles. The v20 / v21 firmware versions (released back in December 2007 / this April, respectively) are much better in this respect. The N95, running on these firmwares, are incomparably better and more stable than with the v1x firmware versions. I was pretty much disappointed with the N95 in the v1x days; now, I'm a happy camper and use it for most of my (light) Web browsing and all of my multimedia purposes.
How long after the N95 was released was the patch released? By comparison, the main reason HTC devices get patches is for things like WM6.1... I haven't tried the new firmwares on a device so I can't comment, but I've been happy with every HTC device I've had from the day I got it...

Guest Menneisyys
In this respec the N97 and other Nokias may have the lead, but with a bit of third party software (which the iPhone doesn't have without jailbreaking) virtually all formats can be used on WM devices.

Not necessarily - see for example the example of HE-AACv2, which isn't currently supported on WM. Only the heavily outdated and no longer supported TCPMP and Nero Digital support it and both have major problems (considerably large CPU usage; lack of AVRCP, no library support at all, unlike in WMP / CorePlayer 1.2 etc.)

Also, the Diamond has a touch screen, unlike the N95. I admit having a memory card slot would be good, and for a multimedia device it really should be there, but virtually all other HTC devices have a memory card, and with the advances in SDHC and similar technologies, that kind of storage is preferable to limited onboard memory (the iPhone.....).

Yup, the other HTC devices do have storage card slots; this is why I don't get why the HTC folks have left it out in the Diamond, where it'd be essential. If HTC plans to advertise the model as a multimedia device, that is. Currently, with 4G storage, it's just plain incapable. (BTW, the latest iPhones sold are 16 GB models.)

How long after the N95 was released was the patch released? By comparison, the main reason HTC devices get patches is for things like WM6.1... I haven't tried the new firmwares on a device so I can't comment, but I've been happy with every HTC device I've had from the day I got it...

Yup, you're right in this. Apart from the problems like the video driver, the major touchscreen CPU usage issues, HTC devices have been far more stable out-of-the-box than the N95 with the first two firmware versions. It took about half a year for Nokia to release v20; N95 8GB arrived earlier (with a stable firmware) about 2 months earlier.

Guest l3v5y
Not necessarily - see for example the example of HE-AACv2, which isn't currently supported on WM. Only the heavily outdated and no longer supported TCPMP and Nero Digital support it and both have major problems (considerably large CPU usage; lack of AVRCP, no library support at all, unlike in WMP / CorePlayer 1.2 etc.)
I will conceed that WM doesn't support some formats, but I doubt the N95 supports all the formats that TCPMP or CorePlayer support.

Yup, the other HTC devices do have storage card slots; this is why I don't get why the HTC folks have left it out in the Diamond, where it'd be essential. If HTC plans to advertise the model as a multimedia device, that is. Currently, with 4G storage, it's just plain incapable. (BTW, the latest iPhones sold are 16 GB models.)

So, HTC have got the diamond wrong, but I think it's still pereferable to the iPhone as the platform is more malleable, with the iPhon in particular, there is very little choice about what to do, and you can't install programs easily...

Yup, you're right in this. Apart from the problems like the video driver, the major touchscreen CPU usage issues, HTC devices have been far more stable out-of-the-box than the N95 with the first two firmware versions. It took about half a year for Nokia to release v20; N95 8GB arrived earlier (with a stable firmware) about 2 months earlier.
I can see one major difference, HTC have released an update that did nothing to the performance, whereas Nokia released a flawed product, but have fixed it... Although I'd still go for the kaiser any day as I much prefer the keyboard and the touch screen...

Now, slightly more on topic, how is the Keyboard on the X7510? Is it good to type on, or does the lack of feedback when typing hamper the ease of use?

Guest Menneisyys
I will conceed that WM doesn't support some formats, but I doubt the N95 supports all the formats that TCPMP or CorePlayer support.

There's CorePlayer for Symbian too. As far as the OS is concerned (in the N-series), it supports HE-AACv2 out of the box (I use it most of the time because of the very low storage requirements); this, unfortunately, still isn't accomplished on WM.

So, HTC have got the diamond wrong, but I think it's still pereferable to the iPhone as the platform is more malleable, with the iPhon in particular, there is very little choice about what to do, and you can't install programs easily...

I agree the Diamond is more flexible - it's just that HTC has made a major mistake by releasing a multimedia VGA handset (crying for high-resolution movie playback) that only has 4G storage, meaning only limited storage capacity for hi-res movies.

I keep comparing the Diamon to the iPhone and the N96, storage-wise, because these two models are marketed also as multimedia devices and both have 16GB built-in (and an additional card slot in the N96).

I can see one major difference, HTC have released an update that did nothing to the performance, whereas Nokia released a flawed product, but have fixed it...

Yup, the N95 was definitely rushed to the market. Nevertheless, it's still probably the most featureful phone out there, taking everything (physical dimensions, weight etc.) into account - unless you absolutely need Windows Mobile and/or a touchscreen and/or a built-in thumbboard. At first, I've thought I wouldn't use the N95 at all. I got it for cheap from a very kind UK gal - from http://www.spritesandbites.net/ (check it out if interested in MS Xbox 360, the Nintendo Wii and the PS3) - and initially only purhased it so that it's also in my repertoaire for some screen, sound volume, speed etc. comparisons. After a while, I've fallen in love with it because it's really-really light, small, has an astonishingly good camera (no Windows Mobile handset has ever matched its camera quality), multimedia capabilities (stereo speakers with excellent stereo widening - again, much better than on any Windows Mobile handset, even with SRS -; an excellent A2DP implementation), really fast HSDPA, 3D hardware accelerator, excellent Java MIDlet support etc.) I wouldn't have ever thought my main "light", "entertainment" device would be a non-Windows Mobile handset :D Now it is.

Now, slightly more on topic, how is the Keyboard on the X7510? Is it good to type on, or does the lack of feedback when typing hamper the ease of use?

I've played with it quite a bit in February, at MWC in Barcelona. (Note that I'm also a HTC Universal and Kaiser user and love their thumbboards.) Didn't like it at all - it's really inferior to the Kaiser / Universal keyboards. There is just no comparison. It's a plain sensor keyboard without any tactile feedback. The vibration is just a joke and just can't emulate real tactile feedback.

Guest sergiopi

My 5 cents...

I am happy ATHENA owner and IMHO is the PERFECT SECOND PHONE :D

I use the EXCALIBUR as primary phone. It fits in the pocket, in the shirt's pocket, battery life is great, wm6.1 is a great enhancement in user interface and usability, full qwerty kb,.... It is a powerful and enhanced PHONE

Then I have mobile computing needs, on the road, in the hotel or in the car, plane, in the train too :o . Not too much computing power is neeeded, I need long battery life, data connection, screen big enought, mostly to remote connect to my home/office PC and work in 800x600 adapted resolution on a remote VISTA COMPUTER, were all my valuable date are stored. I need real USB to have mouse, I need VIDEO OUT to connect to monitor or to the hotel's TV set to work.

Moreover I have DIVX video on the go, I use camera just as note of my business life and I need glasses to read, I love music and I have BOSE wired earphones.

ATHENA is the PERFECT second device. it has all I need! And it is quite common too to have a second SIM card...

Look the new HTC products line definition:

1) Touch

2) PDA

3) Smartphone

4) Mobile Computing

In a business environment, as top manager, I need 3 and 4, 1) are consumer products, screens are to small, VGA resolution in a small screen <_< , no kb... 2) are compromise. In Italy we said : neither meet nor fish.. :(, you chhose the best for your life.

X7510? Needs just a FASTER VIDEO DRIVER, it has moving sensor, USB, lot of storage, big screen

Guest Menneisyys
Looks like the raphael has rectifed the faults of the Diamond, and has a keypad like the Universal/Kaiser!

http://www.gsmhelpdesk.nl/en/specs.php?id=2522

And T-Mo have announced the X7510! http://www.gsmhelpdesk.nl/en/read.php?id=2918&ch=1

That's definitely good news. I didn't particularly like the keys of the S-E X1 either (I've played with them quite much) - those of the Universal / Kaiser are far better.

Hope the drivers will be the same, though. For example, the X1 does have the 3D acceleration and proper video drivers. Hope HTC won't remove them (unlike with the Kaiser). If HTC removes them and the XDA-Devs folks don't find a way to "hack" them, then, I'm pretty sure I won't get it.

I only miss digital TV support... why can't HTC add it? Why are we forced to get Gigabyte / Acer (former E-Ten) / Nokia handhelds if we do need a digital TV receiver?!

Guest Menneisyys
2) are compromise.

Ever tried the iPAQ hx4700 with the latest, 6.1 cooked ROM's or the iPAQ 210 - together with a BT phone as a modem (for example, the Nokia N95)? :D That's what I'd call the best VGA device right now, unless you REALLY need a built-in phone. And, if you do need a keyboard and the on-screen one isn't sufficient, you can always use a full-size Think Outside keyboard with them. (Which is, incidentally, thousands of times better than the Advantage's thumbboard.)

BTW, this hasn't been emphasized so far: the new Advantage still has the old PXA270 CPU. Not the best news, to put it mildly. This is also one of the reasons I don't really recommend it unless one really needs the 5" screen (and the resulting size / weight) and can put up with the not-the-best thumbboard.

(Of course I perfectly understand TV out, a big screen and built-in USB support - all listed by you as rerquirements - are pretty much a stumbling block for most other VGA devices. For example, the iPAQ hx4700 has neither TV out nor USB and the iPAQ 210 only has USB. You can, however, use either a TV out card with both or, if you don't mind having a second phone, a Nokia N95 / N82 / N81, which too have a TV out, should you want to play back something compatible with S60.)

Guest Confucious

I've only just read this thread.

I have been using an Ameo (X75000) as my main device for a while and love it but have recently got a N*kia E90 which has some advantages and some disadvantages - I'm trying to get used to it.

The X7500 has a great screen and with the built in GPS is an ideal sat nav solution with CP7.

Browsing the internet and using push email is great.

Using at home? Why? I do all these things when out and about via 3G/HSDPA I don't use it for voice calls much but it works well with a BT headset. I love the Ameo, there's nothing like it - apart from now the X7510 - it's just not enough of a step up to make me want to change but to say there is no need for sucha device just proves you don't use your devices the way I do!

The 5" screen is great for us old people with less than perfect eyesight and it does everything I want - the 7500's keyboard needed improving and the solid state disk instead of the microdrive is an improvement (does this mean it can have a vibrate function?) but removing the hardware buttons is a bad move and other imorovements (an external screen for example) could have been made.

Fior those of us that love the Ameo it's evolution, for the rest of you? You just don't know what you are missing!

:D

Guest sergiopi
(...) You just don't know what you are missing!

:D

I agree, I had Sokia, Sony Ericcson, LG, Motorola, full size foldable Kb, my first PDA was the casio casiopeia A10, still working. http://www.ixbt.com/pda/pda-describ/casio/...sio-a10-p01.jpg

The Smartphone world in the business environment could be divided into... the ATHENA owners and the others, they don't know what they are missing! :(

Even HTC doesn't fully understand the power of this phone. I never seen it, in HTC area in a fair, connected to a video beam, used with a mouse or a full size KB (@ Mennisyys a regular USB KB and mouse are fully supported by ATHENA USB) for remote desktop usage

OR used as portable home entainement center, with its video and music player or coreplayer (YES it is the only HTC device having SEPARATE power and audio plug, with REGULAR 3.5 connector ) BT Kb and mouse, audio, video and power connection and....

The only thing to remember: is the BEST SECOND PHONE

@menneisyys... the pocessor power is a small part of the business result, the power to connect with usb dongle and to copy the data in and out is invaluable sometime!

Edited by sergiopi

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.